GT Radial Champiro 228

Progressiveness 85%
GT Radial Champiro 228

The GT Radial Champiro 228 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 93,000 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2013 European Summer Touring Tyre Test - 15th of 19 tyres

• Positive - Top marks for wear
  • Negative - Relatively weak, especially on wet and dry roads

2015 Market Overview - Braking Test - 30th of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the GT Radial Champiro 228
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the GT Radial Champiro 228. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest GT Radial Champiro 228 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (215/55 R17 T) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
A few years ago, I submitted a review on these tyres,overall I gave them a recommendation for anyone wanting good touring tyres for a reasonable price.I live in NZ and the roads are very similar to those found in the UK.
I had to go and get some more tyres after only 18000kms.The tyre depot said that GT Radial had changed their tyre compound and had made it a lot softer without telling any of them, hence they have now dropped GT Radial and have become Maxxis dealers. There is nothing wrong with these tyres but their durability is now poor, it will be interesting to see what these Maxxis tyres are like as we approach winter. Shame on you GT Radial for changing something that was not broken.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Great tyres, some of the best tyres I've ever used. Because I drive a Subaru Outback 3.0, the feedback from the tyres are second to none.I do venture off the tarmac a wee bit, down gravel tracks, up skifield access roads etc, not once have I thought 'I'm out of my depth here', they just give you confidence. Had these tyres for the best part of 2 years now. I've done around 42000 kms what I call spirited driving, (you can't drive a Subaru and not drive in this manner). Swapped them around regularly. My first thought was 'their American, their not going to last', seeing as though the Yanks drive on roads far smoother than the ones we have over in New Zealand which are chip'n seal. How wrong I was. Reasonable price, tyres cost more here than in the UK, good value, if your in the market for a good touring tyre, here it is.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2013