GT Radial Champiro 228

Show all: GT Radial tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The GT Radial Champiro 228 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 93,000 miles driven.

GT Radial Champiro 228

Tyre Test Results:

GT Radial Champiro 228 Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (205-50-16-V)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on May 23, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (215-55-17-T)
A few years ago, I submitted a review on these tyres,overall I gave them a recommendation for anyone wanting good touring tyres for a reasonable price.I live in NZ and the roads are very similar to those found in the UK.
I had to go and get some more tyres after only 18000kms.The tyre depot said that GT Radial had changed their tyre compound and had made it a lot softer without telling any of them, hence they have now dropped GT Radial and have become Maxxis dealers. There is nothing wrong with these tyres but their durability is now poor, it will be interesting to see what these Maxxis tyres are like as we approach winter. Shame on you GT Radial for changing something that was not broken.
tyre reviewed on May 1, 2015
Looking to buy the GT Radial Champiro 228? Click here to search for the best price for the GT Radial Champiro 228 or any other tyre.
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Falcon xr6 (215-60-16-R)
Driving on mostly town for 30,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (215-55-17-V)
Great tyres, some of the best tyres I've ever used. Because I drive a Subaru Outback 3.0, the feedback from the tyres are second to none.I do venture off the tarmac a wee bit, down gravel tracks, up skifield access roads etc, not once have I thought 'I'm out of my depth here', they just give you confidence. Had these tyres for the best part of 2 years now. I've done around 42000 kms what I call spirited driving, (you can't drive a Subaru and not drive in this manner). Swapped them around regularly. My first thought was 'their American, their not going to last', seeing as though the Yanks drive on roads far smoother than the ones we have over in New Zealand which are chip'n seal. How wrong I was. Reasonable price, tyres cost more here than in the UK, good value, if your in the market for a good touring tyre, here it is.
tyre reviewed on March 6, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: