GT Radial Champiro VP1

The GT Radial Champiro VP1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the GT Radial Champiro FE1

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 62,000 miles driven.

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 16th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Low wear
  • Negative - Very weak in the wet and dry

2014 AMS Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 11th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable properties on dry roads.
  • Negative - Too long wet braking distances. Pronounced oversteer during load changes in wet cornering.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the GT Radial Champiro VP1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the GT Radial Champiro VP1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top GT Radial Champiro VP1 Review

Given 94% while driving a Ford MONDEO (225/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I purchased these tyres because I was fed up buying new cheep tyres every year or so. My local dealer suggested these at £65 each. Had the set of 4 fitted and noticed the improvement right away. Better grip in the wet and snow, this winter driving carefully in the snow my car did not slip once, with the budget tyres that I have purchased in the past my car would be sliding around. The only negative I have is they are a slightly harder ride and produce more road noise but to me that is a good trade for better safety and performance.
50 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2013

Latest GT Radial Champiro VP1 Reviews

Have you driven on the GT Radial Champiro VP1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Champiro VP1.

Given 61% while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought new Berlingo van which had these tyres from the factory. First I didn't knew much about those tyres, I was just afraid when I saw that those are made in China, since I didn't ever drive on tyres from China. Those tyres have M+S marking on the side, but not mountain and snowflake, so it is definitely not all-season tyre, but simply just summer tyre.
Feeling in driving those tyres is not so good. You don't get much feedback from the road or on cornering, and on wet those are good until they have grip. When they lose grip, car slips on the nose. Well, actually, Berlingo Van is not car with which you would need high performance tyres, so for some users those may be great ones (Berlingo Van L1 had these, and L2 variants had Kleber Dynaxer HP3 fitted), and I would not consider these as next tyres.
Of course, Citroen/Peugeot for sure got great deal with GT Radial, so this is why these tyres are
At the moment I have 20.000 km on clock, so whole mileage is done on these tyres, and while you may see that tyres are used, it can be visible that there is enough profile for next 30-40 thousand km.

Nevertheless, if I want long lasting tyre I'd rather go with Michelin.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018
Given 53% while driving a Ford Focus (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
GT Radial Champiro VP-1 from Singapore
These VP-1 all-season tires were near new when I bought my used Focus in the spring - I have driven Focus' in the past & it is the tires not the car that is performing poorly.
They handle well in warm weather, fair in the rain and pretty damn lousy on snow and ice. They DO NOT GRIP in the snow and stopping on ice not only do you slide forward but also to the sides.
If you live in an area that gets winter conditions DO NOT install these on your vehicle unless you have a death-wish. In my 40 years of driving in Canadian winters the only tires which were worse were the near-bald summer tires that were on my first car.
I would only recommend these to a hated ex-spouse or someone that you truly dislike.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017