Goodride SP06

Progressiveness 69%
Goodride SP06

The Goodride SP06 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 169,150 miles driven.

Sorry, the Goodride SP06 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodride SP06
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodride SP06. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

165/70 R13 £29.72 - £31.20 (3 prices) Compare Prices >>
195/65 R15 £34.19 - £35.90 (3 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £35.30 - £37.10 (3 prices) Compare Prices >>

Goodride SP06 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus Mk2 1.8 TDCi 2006 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Bought these tyres in 2012 and they were on the car for 3 years, during which time I covered 40,000 miles of mixed (urban/city/motorway) driving. I'm not a boy-racer so never pushed these to the ultimate cornering limit or wheelspun away from the lights, but always found them surefooted and never lacking in grip or feel.
Traction was always excellent, and so was wet grip & braking. I never skidded or triggered the ABS. Steering feel was very good.
Wear was excellent - I covered 40k miles before it was time to replace them - although you never know if this is your own driving style.
The only criticism is high road noise - especially so on poor surfaces.
I was so pleased with these that I purchased the same tyre again when it was time for new rubber.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2016
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Yaris (185/60 R15 H) on mostly town for 30,000 average miles
They last, they're pretty comfortable and quiet. Performance in the dry is about average, and in the wet pretty poor - wheelspins in the wet easily, and doesn't grip well. In fact, it's not very safe in the wet at all.
Does not inspire confidence with lack of feedback too, although the Yaris steering is significantly to blame for that too. But the new Bridgestone Ecopia EP150s we put on do give some feedback, and perform much better overall, especially in the wet. Definitely not buying these cheapo Goodrides again - more often than not, you get what you pay for.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 140 TDI Sport Estate (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I was drawn to these tyres by the unlimited mileage accidental damage warranty. For what is branded as a budget tyre, this knocks the socks off premium tyres! Quiet on motorways, great grip when throwing it around country lanes!

I bought these tyres for my wife’s Golf after the success of these on a high speed, high miler reps car.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Move (155/50 R13) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Completely excellent tyres, makes the car very grippy and fun to throw into the corners. The feedback provided is excellent whilst still being very comfortable.

They are a touch on the loud side, but that is a very minor concern for something that for all other purposes are most certainly brilliant tyres.

This customer will most certainly be returning to buy them when the time comes once more.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014
Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Ford crown vic p71 interceptor (225/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
I got these by error...no way would I have purchased these knowingly...i have tried to find problem with them..I drive hard and fast...like a cop would..seems to be ok. The tires hold in a curve at 90 ..wont easily spin in the rain..not bad for 350$ with tax and road hazzard.its not like im not driving a $ 2200 old police car..they arent a bad choice for the price..just dont tell anyone.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 cc (195/55 R15 V) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Bought a pair to replace my front tyres, superb value for daily use. Grip is good for both dry and wet condition, road noise is alright as long as your are nor driving above 80mph.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
Have them on a 2007 Subaru Legacy. The noise level
is incredible! Between 80kph and 100kph, you'd think
you are taking off!! Would NEVER recommend. Stay away.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I have the West Lake branded SP06.

These are not a brands you let on that you are using on a motors forum as tyres are a fashion/bragging item. They will most likely be labelled ditch finders like Ling Long, Hero or Wanli.

Truth is most people do not research anything other than the premium brands. There are rubbish tyres on the market coming out of Asia. Goodride/West Lake are far better, they have award winning research and development facilities which are state of the art and used by other manufacturers. They also have some of the most modern manufacturing plants.

They do not disappoint on the car and wear nicely and evenly. My car is a high mileage work horse and these go hand in hand with it.

There are so many budget brands, Goodride/Westlake, Barum Bravurais 2, Nankangs are probably the best and if we could have a decent road test of budgets and mid-rang I reckon they would rate amoung the highest.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
worst tire i've ever had. they are so loud my radio doesn't drown out the noise
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (165/70 R13) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought the M+S (all-season) Westlake version. Driven 15k miles on it, still got 5mm left of thread! I make long weekend drives in the mountains, gravel roads so it's never treated like a lady. Wear is very good, having it on a small sub compact car helps too I guess. Almost as good grip in the wet, of course will still hydroplane if you plow through a shallow flood at 100+ kph, any tire will, trust me!

Less progressive in wet tarmac(asphalt) on the lightly loaded axle. This means you might expect oversteer in fwd vehicles when turning too fast, understeer on dry. Progressive in gravel, both dry and wet(mud), tested in twisty gravel mountain roads. Warning: progressive can be a relative term. I have rally driving experience, what is progressive and good handling quality to me, might mean big trouble to others. I've seen the danger especially when I'm just training, don't push it!

Best tyres I've had for my use, surprisingly good grip in the mud. I've been in very sticky off road situations on my 2wd sub compact, and always got out without external help!! Remember if driving the popular front wheel drives, to get out of sticky situation, back out of it! Surprisingly durable too. Driving over freshly graded gravel roads, never got a puncture. I fully inspect my tyres every month and remove tiny rocks stuck in it. Just tiny cuts on the thread and none on the sidewalls. I'm definitely buying these tyres again if I can be assured that quality is consistent!!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2012