Goodride SP06

The Goodride SP06 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 205,640 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Goodride SP06
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodride SP06
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodride SP06. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Goodride SP06 Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Move (155/50 R13) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Completely excellent tyres, makes the car very grippy and fun to throw into the corners. The feedback provided is excellent whilst still being very comfortable.

They are a touch on the loud side, but that is a very minor concern for something that for all other purposes are most certainly brilliant tyres.

This customer will most certainly be returning to buy them when the time comes once more.
32 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014

Latest Goodride SP06 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodride SP06 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP06.

Given 62% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus C Max (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
The Goodride tyres were the cheapest in local shops and the summer tyres that came with my car were just barely roadworthy so I ended up getting these. For the first summer they were fine, although on the loud side and heavy to roll (not as heavy as friction tyres on bare tarmac though) they rolled smoothly. They have a fairly good grip IMO, in soaking wet weather on the motorway I was able to brake from 100 to 30 rather rapidly (the line in front suddenly slowed down and I followed suit) and there was no single kick from the ABS, no weaving, nothing peculiar that way.

On the second spring on those tyres, some vibration started occurring at about 120 km/h and it was resolved by rebalancing, although it returned a bit towards the fall.

Now on the third spring, vibration starts a wee bit above 100 km/h and is apparently not remarkably altered by rebalancing. The tyres are visibly lumpy and bumpy, unevenly worn and louder than before, also they tend to weave a bit. I have had the car checked for play in the joints, rack ends, support arms, and bearings. None was found and the rims are also reasonably straight.

So maybe if you have an near-end-of-life car and you need to get tires to drive for one summer or two, or to sell it off, these might not be too expensive, and will probably do fine. They just don't seem to be the most durable tyres available. After 23k miles there is half of the original tread left and the wear is uneven. So they won't be my first choice for the next tyre set.

I've had a car that came with used Nokia tyres, and I had that for four years. Never needed to rebalance, just changed two tyres on the last summer because they were worn - they lasted roughly 40k miles in my use, not sure how long the previous owner had them.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2018
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz c 220 cdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 290 average miles
i have had michelin goodyear F1 tyres, they wore out very very quickly too expensive also. never again.
i have had continental sport contact 5 they wore out very very quickly also, again way too expenisve.

i now have these tyres and you know what, i get a better ride quality and better repsponse. I don,t know about you guys, but modern day cars suspention seems far far far too hard or jerky on the ride. I don,t know what car builders have done to suspention but they have made a right pigs ear of it.

anway these cheaper tryes are doing just as good, grip very well and in the wet also no problems there at all. And you know what folks i have put these on sport 220 cdi mercedes and you know what im chuffed to bits. There a good good solid tyre, so for me i won,t be spending silly money on tyres in the future im done with that. Those expensive tyres are not worth all that money no way not at all.

so now im going and experimenting with nice looking tyres but a cheaper brand and im glad i did. There just as good and lasting great and doing a good stand up quality job on handling and wear and tear.

no problems here.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2017
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki ignis 1.3GL 2003 (165/70 R14) on mostly town for 13,000 average miles
I have these on the front of my 2003 Suzuki 1.3 ignis and iv had the car for a little over three years now. I bought it second hand from a dealer and the tyres were on it when I got it, if it was not for the problem of the tracking being out, favouring the left which has worn the outside edge on the near side and the inside edge on the off side of both my front tyres, the rest of the tyre is in very good condition still. These are summer tyres they do very well in the wet and to my surprise very well in the snow too [as long as you don't need to reverse], I think they have lasted very well. I only need to get two front tyres, but will change the back too, for the same as the front as the two back tyres don't even match each other never mind not matching the front., lol. I will be buying the same brand Goodride for my beloved ignis only this time I will be getting the All Weather tyres. They are a good price and very worth the bit extra for the all weather.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 2, 2017
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift 1.3l 2007 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 200 average miles
All I can say is CHEAP, CRAPPY, a bad decision to buy. Having full access to a tire shop with modern equipment, we couldnt get any of these to properly balance as all four had exceptionally high runout in the up and down and side to side directions. Mounting them on the rims in multiple positions did not correct, while on most brands it will fix. The car shook like crazy at 60mph and up and wasnt stabile. We replaced them with Nankang CX668s and a world of difference.
11 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus Mk2 1.8 TDCi 2006 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Bought these tyres in 2012 and they were on the car for 3 years, during which time I covered 40,000 miles of mixed (urban/city/motorway) driving. I'm not a boy-racer so never pushed these to the ultimate cornering limit or wheelspun away from the lights, but always found them surefooted and never lacking in grip or feel.
Traction was always excellent, and so was wet grip & braking. I never skidded or triggered the ABS. Steering feel was very good.
Wear was excellent - I covered 40k miles before it was time to replace them - although you never know if this is your own driving style.
The only criticism is high road noise - especially so on poor surfaces.
I was so pleased with these that I purchased the same tyre again when it was time for new rubber.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2016