Goodride SP06

Show all: Goodride tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Goodride SP06 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 69,150 miles driven.

Goodride SP06

69%

68%

70%

Goodride SP06 Reviews

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Move (155-50-13-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Completely excellent tyres, makes the car very grippy and fun to throw into the corners. The feedback provided is excellent whilst still being very comfortable.

They are a touch on the loud side, but that is a very minor concern for something that for all other purposes are most certainly brilliant tyres.

This customer will most certainly be returning to buy them when the time comes once more.
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014
Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Ford crown vic p71 interceptor (225-60-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
I got these by error...no way would I have purchased these knowingly...i have tried to find problem with them..I drive hard and fast...like a cop would..seems to be ok. The tires hold in a curve at 90 ..wont easily spin in the rain..not bad for 350$ with tax and road hazzard.its not like im not driving a $ 2200 old police car..they arent a bad choice for the price..just dont tell anyone.
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2013
Looking to buy the Goodride SP06? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodride SP06 or any other tyre.

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 cc (195-55-15-V)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Bought a pair to replace my front tyres, superb value for daily use. Grip is good for both dry and wet condition, road noise is alright as long as your are nor driving above 80mph.
tyre reviewed on October 5, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
Have them on a 2007 Subaru Legacy. The noise level
is incredible! Between 80kph and 100kph, you'd think
you are taking off!! Would NEVER recommend. Stay away.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I have the West Lake branded SP06.

These are not a brands you let on that you are using on a motors forum as tyres are a fashion/bragging item. They will most likely be labelled ditch finders like Ling Long, Hero or Wanli.

Truth is most people do not research anything other than the premium brands. There are rubbish tyres on the market coming out of Asia. Goodride/West Lake are far better, they have award winning research and development facilities which are state of the art and used by other manufacturers. They also have some of the most modern manufacturing plants.

They do not disappoint on the car and wear nicely and evenly. My car is a high mileage work horse and these go hand in hand with it.

There are so many budget brands, Goodride/Westlake, Barum Bravurais 2, Nankangs are probably the best and if we could have a decent road test of budgets and mid-rang I reckon they would rate amoung the highest.
tyre reviewed on May 31, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
worst tire i've ever had. they are so loud my radio doesn't drown out the noise
tyre reviewed on September 18, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (165-70-13-)
I bought the M+S (all-season) Westlake version. Driven 15k miles on it, still got 5mm left of thread! I make long weekend drives in the mountains, gravel roads so it's never treated like a lady. Wear is very good, having it on a small sub compact car helps too I guess. Almost as good grip in the wet, of course will still hydroplane if you plow through a shallow flood at 100+ kph, any tire will, trust me!

Less progressive in wet tarmac(asphalt) on the lightly loaded axle. This means you might expect oversteer in fwd vehicles when turning too fast, understeer on dry. Progressive in gravel, both dry and wet(mud), tested in twisty gravel mountain roads. Warning: progressive can be a relative term. I have rally driving experience, what is progressive and good handling quality to me, might mean big trouble to others. I've seen the danger especially when I'm just training, don't push it!

Best tyres I've had for my use, surprisingly good grip in the mud. I've been in very sticky off road situations on my 2wd sub compact, and always got out without external help!! Remember if driving the popular front wheel drives, to get out of sticky situation, back out of it! Surprisingly durable too. Driving over freshly graded gravel roads, never got a puncture. I fully inspect my tyres every month and remove tiny rocks stuck in it. Just tiny cuts on the thread and none on the sidewalls. I'm definitely buying these tyres again if I can be assured that quality is consistent!!
tyre reviewed on July 8, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Pontiac grand am gt (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Great tire for the price
tyre reviewed on May 11, 2012
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Dacia Logan (185-65-15-P)
Driving on a combination of roads for 50 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 28, 2012
Given 42% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic (185-45-15-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
I've had these for a while and they are very worn. Traction in snow and rain is fair at best. Worst tire I've ever owned.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: