Goodyear DuraGrip

Goodyear DuraGrip Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Renault 5 (155/70 R13 T) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I bought these Goodyear Duragrip and made about 20.000 km in 4 years. In town, motorway and also curvy mountain roads. When they were new I was able to climb a hill even in snow, where my newer station wagon didn't make it even with winter tyres (Goodyear Ultragrip 7+, 2years old)! The grip was always very good.
Then (after buying a new car) I parked it in my garage with still 6 mm of profile left.
Five years later I re-registered that old Renault R5, tyres still look good, no cracks at all, I don't even feel any shaking at higher speed! But now they are about 10 years old and in a little faster driven turns it doesn't hold well anymore. It's time for a new set. For a higher millage i would defintely buy Goodyear, but for yearly max 2.000 of sunday-driven kilometers I will probbably choose a cheaper brand.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2017
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v (165/70 R14 Q) on a combination of roads for 70 average miles
I have been using this model since I own my car (5 years).
This is second set. I probably will buy new set next year. Can say just I am satisfied with durability. Although I did not have any other brand of tyre, for me this is best choice. And it has reasonable price.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi (185/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 18,000 easy going miles
My second set on the car, had them for 3 years and about 35000 km's.
Basically nice tire, but it doesn't justify it's name, since mine got fairly worn and torn on the edges - guess that it's because of some macadam roads usage, mostly on holidays. I remember seeing them torn the same day when I failed trying (more than hour!) to get up the hill on some steep macadam road with sharp rocks - those sharp ends really torn the Duragirps, a little bit from every possible angle. After that they should be replaced, but I drove them a year more with no problems. Anyway, solid choice for Serbian roads.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda mx 5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Managed to almost spin my car in a car park this morning, not even accelerating!

They seem good in the dry, but I'm not keen on their wet performance!

I wouldn't buy these again.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15 H) on mostly town for 18,000 easy going miles
The first 17000 miles , i haven`t any problem in the way of driving i do. After thiw milage then it sterted to behaves just like plastic. It was spin every were, either dry or wet. Every brake finised with ABS ,even in dry.It became suddenly another tire, so i replace it with Dunlop Fastresponse.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2013
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift SF310 (155/70 R13) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
very good for light a car , very low wear, good grip dry and in wet especially first two years (20.000 km) now almost 30.000 km and 3 mm left front, 5.5 mm back. grip in wet is not so good but tires are not worn, grip in dry still very good. Very long life, way way better than the firestones i had before.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2012
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Yaris (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I have now had duragrip tyres for approx 18 months. Ride much quiter than old Goodyear GT2. After 10,000 miles front tyres had reduced from 7mm to 5mm. Rear tyres down to 6mm. No appreciable improvemnt in mpg. Try not to exceed the speed limit and potter along motoways between 65 & 70 mph. Car corners exceptionally well but no better than original tyres. Do not do fierce acceleration from a standing start and try to achieve good mpg figures. Pleased with tyres so far.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2012
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 90hp (175/60 R14 T) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Excellent Tyres.