Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Progressiveness 85%
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 (255/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
Good tyres however on lasted 7000 miles over the summer from new and that's normal driving. Come winter the winter tyres go on. Previous to the goodyears we had continental sport 5ps which lasted two summers and about 15000 miles. So its March again its time to get some new tyres. Had goodyear and continental so its time to try Michelin pilot super sports which I will report back on later in the year. The goodyears are a comfortable and decent tyre but the wear rate is only let down.
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 3.0 (255/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 150 average miles
ok ive only had these tyres for 150miles or so, however that being said, from the moment i left the forecourt of the garage, the difference in comfort alone compared to my stock Potenza's has been immense!
shocks from potholes, old road works, country roads reduced significantly,
road noise reduced 10 out of 10
vibrations in car reduced 10 out of 10
handling improved simply by the feeling your not bouncing in and out of potholes etc. but actually hugging the road 10 out of 10
i still have Potenza RFTs on the front so tramlining has increased, however, once i have tin, the fronts will be replaced.
dry grip 10 out of 10
wet grip only had a couple of showers so far, but feel good, i will update this again when i experienced some really wet weather.
i will update again once ive covered more miles, replaced the fronts, and driven in the wet....
im struggling for negatives to balance this review..im liking these eagles alot!
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a BMW BMW 325d E91(chip) 260 hp (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
No comments left
-1 | - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2015
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Audi ALLROAD 2.5 TDI (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very reliable and comfortable tire...
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2015
Given 52% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Really disappointed in these tyres! I had Continental CS5's on before and they were fantastic in the wet and the dry, driving on the limit, and lasted 30k miles hard driving! These by comparison are awful. At first I thought maybe it was the cold weather but even now it's warmed up and on dry roads the grip is very poor! I had so much confidence on the CS5's, I could go into corners flat out knowing the grip would be there, right from day 1 till I changed them. These tyres give terrible understear, spin up on acceleration, even on the dry. Feel softer and don't offer the sure footed feeling the CS5's gave. So wish I'd bought the Contis again, I nearly did, they were slightly cheaper too. Can't believe it with the reviews on hee, which is why I went for these. Are people just being sheep with their reviews or are they just Sunday drivers??? Gutted! Now I have at least a couple of years to put up with this lack of grip! Baahhhhh :'(
-1 | - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2015
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I replaced runflat tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 - 255/35/18 on the rear and 225/4/18 front. BMW 330d MSport
Hindsight is a great thing - people slag off runflats as harsh, uncomfortable, noisy, tramlining etc but it's noticeable how inferior the Goodyears are to the Pirelli PZero runflats.
I got 30k miles out of the Pirellis, great feedback, instant and rock steady turn in. The fronts were at 3mm and the rears at the legal limit after this mileage. The Goodyears are washy and imprecise in comparison. Yes the ride is more supple but I don't get anywhere near the precise feel of the Pirelli. I chose the Eagles because everyone raves about them and says BMWs are great off runflats - maybe that's Bridgestones they complain about because the Pirelli runflats are a much better tyre. The Pirelli only started to tramline significantly when they got to the legal limit.
Anyone want to buy some nearly new Goodyears?
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI SLine Quattro 181bhp (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 26,000 spirited miles
I fitted these tyres in 225/40/18/y spec to my new shape 2013 Audi A3 TDI quattro 181bhp which has been chipped up to 230bhp. the stock tyres were Contintental Sportcontact 3 - which I found were loud on many surfaces and in the wet completely unpredictable. these tyres lasted to 16,000 and returned about 42mpg.

I have now done 10k on the Eagle F1 assymetric 2's and have noticed a not insignificant rise to 46mpg and can say without a doubt on pothole and uneven roads the supple, compliant and confidence inspriring feel of this tyre has turned an already confident car into an absolute dream! hands down if you have an Audi Quattro (2013 onward) this is definitely the only tyre you will ever want to be considering placing on your vehicle. i dont know about other cars but for the A3 this tyre absolutely nails it and suits the character of the car.
3 | - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus RS Mk1 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 8,000 spirited miles
I'm not sure if the isometric 1s were slightly better than the 2s. I tried Michelin sport3 and would say the f1s were better I wore the Michelins out in 4 months on the front but drive hard. The f1s were definitely better in the wet which matters in England. Back to f1 eagle for me.
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Mazda3 MPS Aero (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
Superb tyre. Had 4 fitted - the fronts lasted 25k miles of mixed driving, the rears nearly 50k.

Huge grip in all weathers, fantastic directional stability, very positive just off centre. The only downsides were the sidewalls were very stiff, which affected the ride quality. I'd have them again, if only they made them in my new cars size!
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
I put these on my FWD A3 (sportback) 2.0T (mapped to 240bhp\250ft\lb) and have covered 12'000 miles on the front and 24'000 at the back. Noise is noticeable when the tread gets low, but that's the same for all tyres. The wet grip is better than any Summer tyre I've used in 35 years of driving and they inspire confidence in all conditions. Dry grip is also exceptional. Longevity is slightly disappointing at the front, but not so much as to prevent me buying again, because I can't find another set of all-rounders that perform this well in the wet and dry, right down to 3/4oC.
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2015