Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 249 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,896,215 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (245-40-17-W)
Because of good reviews/test results I bought these Goodyear tires after my original very good Continental Sport 3 was worn out, 245/40/17 on the rear and 225/45/17 on the front.
The Goodyears are good well balanced tires with very good grip both in wet and dry, I can't find anything bad to say about these tires.
Compared to the Continentals they are slightly better in the wet, slightly better comfort and noise-level, slightly better feeling/progressiveness on the limits especially on wet surface.
The Goodyears also has better traction both wet and dry.
I can not really compare wear yet but I think the rear tires has almost the same wear as the Continentals had, I'm a little surprised about that.
I did however prefer the Continentals on motorways/highways/autobahn, especially at very high speeds,(Max 250 km/h), the Goodyears are stable and safe at high speeds but they don't have that little extra "heavy" rock solid stability as the Continentals. I had a total confidence at very high speeds with the Continentals, the Goodyears don't give me that same total confidence but they are not bad in any way.
The Continentals also had a significantly better road feedback and a more precis steering, I miss that on the Goodyears although the Goodyears handles slightly better on the limits.
At all speeds I could "feel" the road better with the Continentals, the Goodyears are more "light and soft", it is really a matter of what the driver prefers, nothing is bad.
For city driving, normal daily use and for slightly better comfort I prefer Goodyear, for high speeds on highways/autobahn I prefer Continental Sport 3. Next year I expect to change tires again and I'm not sure which way to go but for this car I will probably choose high speed handling/stability before anything ells.

tyre reviewed on December 11, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 1,4 TSI 160hp (235-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
After reading the high ratings of this tyre I replaced the factory fitting Conti SC2 (dreadful) with the GY A2's. Although they are still brand new and don't have many miles on them, I saw a total transformation compared with the previous ones. Dry grip is excellent, and my tuned turbo FWD can now accelerate from standstill with ease, my wheel hop problem was also eliminated. I can carry much higher speeds on a corner until ESP kicks in. But the real stoey is in the wet, where grip is phenomenal. Preivously, I had wheelspin all the way up to 3rd gear, and launching was impossible. Now there is no wheelspin at all in second gear, no matter how hard I try. I can say that the GY is better in wet than the Conti's in dry! Road noise is also greatly reduced. I think that they will last much longer than Conti's whom I changed after 18000 miles.
tyre reviewed on November 26, 2013
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 1.9 TTiD convertible (235-45-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2013
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (245-45-18-W)
Certainly not as good to Pirelli P zero Rosso's I had on the car. Only done 1000 miles but not impressed with handling and grip. Yet to see what wear is like. Will always buy Pirelli's in future.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225-40-18-)
Excellent tires.
Have tried Michelin PS3, both of them is comparable.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2013
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen GTI MK5 (200) (225-45-17-W)
I purchased 4 of these tyres for my Golf GTi MK5 early spring (2013) to replace the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx that the car came with, on the basis that they are one of the best tyres around and the auto tyre tests would back that up. I would have to disagree.

Firstly they look under pressure, with the correct pressures in and even when I up the upped psi they still looked saggy. secondly, the sidewall of the tyre felt like it was folding under the rim when cornering even at moderate speeds, thirdly they feel 'balloony' and lifeless and devoid of feel. They have made a great hot hatch feel terrible.

Only a glimmer of hope for these tyres is that they where more quite -- less road noise than the Dunlop's.

They fronts have lasted about 7-8000 miles of mixed country lanes/dual carriageway/M'Way driving and I do not hang around. The rears still look like new. I will not buy these again, so much I have ordered a set of 4 Pirelli's PZero Rosso Asimmetrico that I had on my last two cars. They do everything well that these do badly. Please note Goodyear.
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XK8 (245-40-19-W)
Replacing worn P Zeros these were much softer, quieter and more road friendly. About the same for dry grip but much better in the wet. Higher confidence feel. Everything I was looking for. Good wear rate too.
HOWEVER after 10,000 m with 6-7 mm of tread left they now track terribly and wander all over the road requiring constant steering corrections.
All geometries checked ok plus played a little with revised tyre pressures but to no avail.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (235-40-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Having read the reviews on this site I decided to put these tyres on the front of by Audi A4. It is still early days but the car sounds quieter and the steering lighter. I am planning to put these on the back as well in the near future, I would recommend these to others.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 SALOON (235-45-18-W)
Exchange with my previous Michelin energy saver with 215/60/16. This type is much more stable and the running sound is quiet! Also has great performance on both highway and city road. Recommendation it!!
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2013
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Replaced Prestivo Sport tyres on a 2010 Honda Civic Type S with these Eagle F1's. The difference was incredible. The car handled like it was on rails, both dry and wet. Have never felt like they were going to lose grip under most conditions, very progressive. Comfortable and relatively quite under most conditions for this cars suspension setup. Not sure of the wear due to tyres only being about 2k on the car, but so far shows no uneven wear.

Would easily buy these tyres again based on current conditions.
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: