Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70R (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I've run these tyres on two separate applications. A Volvo V70R on which they came fitted, they were very good albeit that the wear rate was atrocious but given that it was a FWD performance car I was forgiving of the wear on the front and persisted with fitting a replacement pair of fronts, even on the track they were to be fair a very good all round tyre. However, I fitted them to my Jag XJ and I was shocked at the results, the grip was only marginally better than the Pirellis they replaced and in dry traction they were markedly WORSE! Then there was the wear, the car had been 4-wheel laser aligned by XJK yet the wear was all over the place, the fronts wore the outside edges and the rears the middle, the tyres lasted barely 10000 miles before I had to replace them. Incidentally, I went for Uniroyal RS3 following these - no wear issues, better tractibility and wet grip and equally good grip in the dry, given the price differential, well, I'm fitting Uniroyals to my XF now!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
Great tyres overall. I have not put them at the limit, but you feel very secured with great grip. Especially impressive on wet. In one trip to Spain, I drove pretty high speeds with heavy rain for several hours. The car behaved very well with throughout with no aquaplaning whatsoever, and at that time the tyres were already 70% wear out. The only problem of this tyre is wear as the 4 tyres lasted less than 20k miles. I am now switching to touring tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 27,500 average miles
Nice tire, very grippy in both dry and wet condition. And it lasted 27,500 miles for size 235/40/18 on Mondeo MK4 Tdci. It's not a quiet tire for sure but should be compromised with it's great proformance.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I have used these tyres on a mk1 Leon Cupra R and on my current Mk2 Cupra tfsi, I find them the best £ vs performance tyre on the market, they are predictable and resist torque steer on the cupra mk2, in the dry the acceleration grip is brilliant even with remapped power through the front wheels. Cornering breakaway is consistent and smooth. They are brilliant for coping with standing water and cornering in the rain but you will have to be gentle with the throttle. The only weak point I found is they wear quite quickly and the grip levels are a bit down coping with patchy wet or damp conditions but overall I would still buy again and recommend them to friends.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335d (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
These tyres made such a difference to the overall handling and performance of my BMW 335d coupe. It makes the power so much more accessible more of the time. The rears have only lasted me 6 months though.

Advantages - Grip in the dry and wet is as good as the michelin pilot super sport and any other tyre on the road. Very comfortable and quiet, and progressive.

Disadvantages - You will wear through them if you have a high power/torque car, very quickly. Could offer more road feedback if you're going to be finicky.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Changed my Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 with a new set of GoodYear F1 Asymmetric 2. Probably my worst decision. Corners that previously taken with 80km/h and more, without any issues now with 60km/h is an adventure, the car is shaking, sliding and etc. I do not feel safe with this set. Almost 3000km drive with them and I put the on e-bay and olx to sell. Already mount again new set of Continental.
Conclusion: I change summer and winter tyres every season with new set (drive almost 60000km per year). Try Michelin, Nokia and the mentioned 2 brands. The GoodYear model is the worst one driven on my Benz.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8 spirited miles
Taking into account I've covered 22,500 miles in my Corsa VXR which has seen the factory set of Continentals on factory 18'' wheels, a full set of Falken FK452 tyres on 17'' wheels and the current tyres that are over 12 month old Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2s on 17'' wheels that have currently covered around 8,000 miles. With the three set ups I've driven easy whilst on the main roads, spirited driving on some good roads and used all three tyres on various tracks.

Out of the three it's hands down Goodyear Eagle F1's all the way, dry grip is very good for a road tyre that's sold a very competitive price, you can feel the try progressing in grip as heat builds in them and in the wet the feedback is incredible.

I drove Oulton Park on the Contis and FK452s in the dry only but I have used the Eagle F1's on my last two track days, the first was at Knockhill second was at Rockingham. Both days were dry in the morning then rained in the afternoon, weighing very close to the standard weight (1180kg) with a little over standard power (196bhp/201lb-ft) the car was well within its boundaries to push on comfortable in both conditions due to knowing exactly where the grip levels where especially in the wet which made both days perfect.
Sitting out whilst it rained wasn't even an option partly because of having confidence in the rain (Rockingham is one of the slippiest wet tracks in the UK) but majorly by knowing the car and it's capabilities at standard weight/power with the positive feedback from a well priced road tyre that gave good feedback whilst progressing.

I can't really comment on comfort because the car is on a harsher setup (poly bushes, springs, stripped interior etc) but the tyres aren't the noisiest to me but they will be to others.

If I was sticking with road tyres I probably wouldn't try another brand just yet and atleast have another set to replace these which won't be happening anytime soon because I'm average 5mm thread depth across all four.

0 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Holden calais V 6Ltr (245/40 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 45,000 average miles
I have run the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 for 40-45,000kms and the rears are now below the wear limits(actually bald !!!). Front tyres on my big heavy 6 litre Calais V redline are still way above the wear limits and will go on the rear and two fresh Eagles on the front. I have read many of the tyre reviews and have to agree that for the small amount of crazy spirited driving I do I would like more dry grip but the wet grip can not be faulted nor the wet stopping distance. These tyres I rate as well above average for dry grip but importantly for me don't seem to change that much when your driving in the wet. I get good fuel economy with these tyres and they have worn virtually flat on the rear running 42 psi. I will run slightly lower pressure(40psi) in the new set as they are slightly more worn on the centre line so 42 psi is just a whisker high. Oh and these tyres have seen most long country driving at Australian ridiculously slow 110 kms/hr but I also run at 130-140 on roads without revenue raising blue lights. Tyres have seen the fun side of 230 km/hr but only 2 or 3 time. Never put her on the track as I believe its too heavy and should be running 275/35 for this type of thing.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia VRS (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's fitted to my Octavia yesterday. So far so good. Grip feels strong, and the ride comfort is an improvement over the previously fitted Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's.

I found it very difficult to decide what tyres to buy as there are so many on the market these days and with the top 6 brands all offering a very premium product.

After reading a lot of the user reviews as well as reviews such as Auto Express and Evo's tyre tests I found that the Goodyear Eagle F1's always scored highly usually receiving 1st or second place.

I had decided on either Continentals ContiSportContact 5's or Goodyear Eagle F1's and went with the Goodyears for the better wear rating, and rolling resistance.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015