Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Calibra V6 (215/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 17,500 average miles
Have these tyres on a Calibra V6 for about 3 years now, using these tyres about 7 to 8 months a year (winter tyres during the rest). Back then I was thinking about buying either these or some Michelin Pilot SuperSports. I ended up buying the Goodyear's because they were apparently better in the wet and the Michelin's weren't available in the size I wanted.

I generally drive pretty relaxed (no racing or driving like a maniak), but you can definitely push hard with these tyres. The dry grip is great, much better then the very mediocre tyres the car had before these. In the wet I sometimes think the grip is even better then on dry roads, it's that good. Feedback through the steering wheel is very good, road noise is decent to good (they are not the quietest tyres but certainly not loud).

If I had to have 1 complaint it's that I hoped they would have lasted a bit longer. As mentioned before I have a pretty relaxed driving style and I drive mostly in town and country roads, but so far they've lasted about 25-28k kilometers (roughly 16-17k miles) and they've got less then 3mm left. At this point I did start to notice that the handling in very wet conditions started to decline a bit. It's not a steep drop-off, but I do notice there is not that much tread left on the them.
Currently have the winter tyres fitted and I probably will have to swap out the Goodyear's later this year, but I will certainly consider, and most like will be buying these tyres again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Best relation quality/price, best tires money can buy! Excellent wet grip and fuel saving...
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Suberb MkII (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
When I bought my car it had Michelin PS3s all round. I was pleased with them but the performance dropped off alot below 4mm. Swapped to F1A2s at the next change and was mightily impressed.

The first set did 14,00 miles (2000 more than PS3s) and the wet weather performance didn't seem to diminish when the tyre wore below 4mm. Turn in isn't quite as crisp as the PS3 but through the corners they held on really well. As good as the PS3 in the dry and better in the wet. Wheel spin can only be had in 1st when wet and lock on the steering wheel and too much throttle. I can't really remember any in the dry.

I have fitted a second set all round this time as I was so impressed. This is only the second time I have fitted a full set a second time around. Usually I change to try something different.

Road noise is low, handling is excellent and cost is very keen. Only £4 a corner more than my previous favourite; the Hankook V12 Evo.

Highly recommended and rated by me. Well suited to my style of driving and never caused me any concerns.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
One of the best tyres, I have ever had the joy of driving on.
When I bought the RX-8 it came with Bridgestone Potenza's, they were not great, lost the back end everywhere I went.

Bought Eagle F1's and it stuck to the road like glue, I could barely kick the back end out even when clutch kicking the car, it was just endless grip, even in the wet.

I would deffinatly buy again and would deffinatly recommend to another driver.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (245/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
FPV car is heavy 1800kg and 310kw/570nm through rear wheels so 245 width is always a challenge, these tyres held up very well hooked up well with not too much wheelspin, cornering was very crisp. Car tends to overwhelm tyres with soft sidewalls, these were great though, and very predictable on the limit. There was a downside though in that tyres became very noisy after 30,000km, rubber seemed to harden off and noise got so bad that I changed them out even though there was plenty of tread left, would only plan on 30,000km life based on this problem. Would buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MINI (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Replaced the original bridgestone potenza run flats, my findings after 20000 miles + are very positive due to the firm set up of the vehicle the noise and comfort was improved quite significantly, understeer in wet conditions was where I found the most improvements, I can now push far more without the fear of loosing traction, I have pushed these tyres fairly hard and have got 20000+ they are down to around 2-3 mm now. The walls suit well to the setup of the vehicle. I'm running them at 31 psi which helps with comfort and wet grip (My preference) the bridgestone tyres had no sidewall flexibility (due to run flat strengthening) which mad them horrific in the snow and terrible in the wet although I've not used the car in snow yet with the Goodyears.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5SE (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 average miles
Brilliant tyres, although the particular design is considered a bit old now, it is the 2nd time I 've fitted these on my Jaguar X-Type, never had any issue with them. Fantastic in all respects.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015