Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
One of the best tyres, I have ever had the joy of driving on.
When I bought the RX-8 it came with Bridgestone Potenza's, they were not great, lost the back end everywhere I went.

Bought Eagle F1's and it stuck to the road like glue, I could barely kick the back end out even when clutch kicking the car, it was just endless grip, even in the wet.

I would deffinatly buy again and would deffinatly recommend to another driver.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (245/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
FPV car is heavy 1800kg and 310kw/570nm through rear wheels so 245 width is always a challenge, these tyres held up very well hooked up well with not too much wheelspin, cornering was very crisp. Car tends to overwhelm tyres with soft sidewalls, these were great though, and very predictable on the limit. There was a downside though in that tyres became very noisy after 30,000km, rubber seemed to harden off and noise got so bad that I changed them out even though there was plenty of tread left, would only plan on 30,000km life based on this problem. Would buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MINI (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Replaced the original bridgestone potenza run flats, my findings after 20000 miles + are very positive due to the firm set up of the vehicle the noise and comfort was improved quite significantly, understeer in wet conditions was where I found the most improvements, I can now push far more without the fear of loosing traction, I have pushed these tyres fairly hard and have got 20000+ they are down to around 2-3 mm now. The walls suit well to the setup of the vehicle. I'm running them at 31 psi which helps with comfort and wet grip (My preference) the bridgestone tyres had no sidewall flexibility (due to run flat strengthening) which mad them horrific in the snow and terrible in the wet although I've not used the car in snow yet with the Goodyears.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5SE (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 average miles
Brilliant tyres, although the particular design is considered a bit old now, it is the 2nd time I 've fitted these on my Jaguar X-Type, never had any issue with them. Fantastic in all respects.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta st (205/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Hello there,
I own a 2005 Ford Fiesta ST and I live mostly in Athens and mountainous Crete. I am a big fun of Michelin, however a friend of mine convinced me to try the F1As2. I used to have Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 and I was mostly satisfied. But with the GYF1As2? I won't hesitate to tell you that they are just perfect for my ST. Excellent Grip in country roads with steep curves, following one another. On the highways, very comfortable and not noisy. Slippery greek roads? Not any more. Well?? I like my tyres after 7000miles. Thank you
1 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225/45 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
Took off runflat Pirelli that came standard on my BMW 320D F30. After reading much into tyres I decided to take these over the Michelin Pilot Super Sport (more on these later). A Great summer tyre Good amounts of grip, good traction if accelerating hard. Very good in the wet too. I nearly aquaplaned into the central reservation of the m6 while in Pirelli, but these are much better never aquaplaned once.

I decided to take these due to their comfort and am quite let down. After 9000 I find they are quite noisey, when new their noise levels were low but now they are loud. I dread to think how loud they will be as the continue to wear.

Would I buy these again? I'm not too sure. I will try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, which is a little better all round but was criticised for its noise levels. It cant be noisier than these Goodyears so I look forward to switching.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Sport 2.3L (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Still 6mm left after the season (10k+ miles), although often driven very hard (spirited) with heavy cornering and braking. Incredible grip during dry braking, I did some measures and my braking distance from 100kmph was around 29 meters. Excellent on dry asphalt, and also very good on wet. The feedback is quite nice, but progressiveness could be a bit better to bo 10 out of 10, this is perhaps due to soft sidewall. But there is a huge advantage from such soft sidewall, the tires are very comfortable to run compared to other summer tires I had before with same profile size. Overall very satisfied. Seems they could last another 2 seasons.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015