Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 270 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 2,139,865 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

90%

88%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (235-45-17-W)
After doing loads of research ( I am a big fan of Continental tyres), and narrowing down to Goodyear Asssymetric 2, Continental CSC 5, Dunlop Sport Maxx and Fulda SportCOntrol, i decide for Goodyear based on reviews and from frined of mine who has these tyres on his Bmw 5 series. Contis wear is awful , Dunlop bit noisy, Fulda is good value, but Goodyear have hit the spot with these tyres. I have only coverd 1 k with these tyres, but boy oh boy do they feel planted on motorway, feel very secure with them , and u can push them hard and no esp or sliping, very satisfied with them. Yes they are a bit noisy, but i have come to conlusion that they need bit warming up, and on motorway u will have higher temperature and u should be fine with road noise. Will report back after more miles i do. Highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on April 5, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI (225-45-18-W)
Great tyres. I put these on my GTI after wearing out the OE-fitted Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs. I've now done almost 58,000kms on Australian roads with the F1 A2s and will be buying another set to replace them.

They have become a bit noisier of late but that is after a lot of miles. One suggestion to those commenting on the "spongy" feel to them - try running your tyre pressures at 40 psi. There is still some inherent give in the tyres but this gives a tighter feel to the handling and seems to be ok for wear as well!
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Calibra V6 (215-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
Starting to use them for a second year and so far the tires have been great. Before I bought them I was looking at these Goodyear Eagle F1's as well as Michelin Pilot Supersports. I chose the Goodyear's because of the price, better performance in the wet and due to the fact that Michelin's weren't available in my size.

Overall I really love these tires. In terms of comfort they are a bit noisier then Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3's I've driven before on a similar car. In the dry they perform very well, in the wet I think they're excellent. The grip is very good and compared to the winter tires and my previous, mediocre summer tires. With the Goodyear's I have to really push it to get any hint of wheelspin, even on wet roads.

All in all I'm very happy with these tires and in the end they're probably better suited for the weather here then the Michelin's.
tyre reviewed on April 1, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D (225-45-17-)
The best tyre fro my 320d without a doubt. I am no boy racer, but do cover a lot of miles throughout the UK and Europe. These have never let me down.
tyre reviewed on March 27, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 (255-35-19-W)
The car needed some new tyres so after some research decided to go with goodyear.
Some cars will suit different brands of tyres. After 5000 miles these tyres suit our car. Grip the road really well in wet and dry conditions, the car feels stable with great traction when setting off. Plus point of these tyres is a big rim protector and a tread wear number of 300 so wear should be ok on a heavy car. I would recommend these tyres to anybody as they really are that good. The tyres we took of were conti 5ps, well good tyres till down to 4mm then they were terrible, the car was all over the place in wet and dry conditions and the car was skittish and totally lost confidence in them. It was as though they were made of two different tyes of rubber. I would never put these on a car again. So goodyears looking good and will report back when due to change them but could be a while as hardly an wear yet. In a nutshell these suit our Audi a5
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70D5 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 9 average miles
I just can't get as excited about these tyres as other reviewers. They wear well (5mm left on the front after 9K miles) but I just don't feel safe on them. I've been doing some long motorway runs recently and felt them drifting a bit on those long curves around Birmingham. There is no tread left and I'm left with three continuous smooth ribs running round the centre of the tyre. The only visible tread pattern are the serps on the shoulders. I'm going to ditch them and put on some "grippy" Pirelli P Zero Asimmetricos. I used to feel safe on these tyres on my old T5. OK they scrub out pretty quickly but it's a small price to pay to feel secure especially with the family onboard with a full load rolling down the French Peage in the Summer.
tyre reviewed on March 21, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST170 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
These tyres are SUPERB! dry grip is outstanding wet grip is very very good, tyres are nice and comfortable ive had all the top tyres ove the years michelin conti etc and these are up there if not better!
Had these on offer from CAMSKILL for £162.40 for two delivered!
HIGHLY recommend these tyres!!
tyre reviewed on March 21, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK5 GT 170 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
these tyres have transformed my car i previously had vredestein ultrac but these have the edge!
comfort is better than the ultracs dry grip is on par, but the goodyears have the edge in the wet.
cant tell wear yet as only been on car 1000 miles, i would recommend these tyres strongly!
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (225-45-18-W)
Switched from original Conti SC3's to these 3 years ago and haven't looked back. These are just as grippy, better in the wet and quieter than the Conti's. I think it's possible that the tyre wall is softer resulting in some movement which actually feels like you're on the limit of grip when you're not BUT these are road tyres, not track tyres. Public roads aren't the place for on the limit driving.
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 (245-40-18-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 2, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: