Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MINI (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Replaced the original bridgestone potenza run flats, my findings after 20000 miles + are very positive due to the firm set up of the vehicle the noise and comfort was improved quite significantly, understeer in wet conditions was where I found the most improvements, I can now push far more without the fear of loosing traction, I have pushed these tyres fairly hard and have got 20000+ they are down to around 2-3 mm now. The walls suit well to the setup of the vehicle. I'm running them at 31 psi which helps with comfort and wet grip (My preference) the bridgestone tyres had no sidewall flexibility (due to run flat strengthening) which mad them horrific in the snow and terrible in the wet although I've not used the car in snow yet with the Goodyears.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5SE (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 average miles
Brilliant tyres, although the particular design is considered a bit old now, it is the 2nd time I 've fitted these on my Jaguar X-Type, never had any issue with them. Fantastic in all respects.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta st (205/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Hello there,
I own a 2005 Ford Fiesta ST and I live mostly in Athens and mountainous Crete. I am a big fun of Michelin, however a friend of mine convinced me to try the F1As2. I used to have Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 and I was mostly satisfied. But with the GYF1As2? I won't hesitate to tell you that they are just perfect for my ST. Excellent Grip in country roads with steep curves, following one another. On the highways, very comfortable and not noisy. Slippery greek roads? Not any more. Well?? I like my tyres after 7000miles. Thank you
1 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225/45 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
Took off runflat Pirelli that came standard on my BMW 320D F30. After reading much into tyres I decided to take these over the Michelin Pilot Super Sport (more on these later). A Great summer tyre Good amounts of grip, good traction if accelerating hard. Very good in the wet too. I nearly aquaplaned into the central reservation of the m6 while in Pirelli, but these are much better never aquaplaned once.

I decided to take these due to their comfort and am quite let down. After 9000 I find they are quite noisey, when new their noise levels were low but now they are loud. I dread to think how loud they will be as the continue to wear.

Would I buy these again? I'm not too sure. I will try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, which is a little better all round but was criticised for its noise levels. It cant be noisier than these Goodyears so I look forward to switching.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Sport 2.3L (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Still 6mm left after the season (10k+ miles), although often driven very hard (spirited) with heavy cornering and braking. Incredible grip during dry braking, I did some measures and my braking distance from 100kmph was around 29 meters. Excellent on dry asphalt, and also very good on wet. The feedback is quite nice, but progressiveness could be a bit better to bo 10 out of 10, this is perhaps due to soft sidewall. But there is a huge advantage from such soft sidewall, the tires are very comfortable to run compared to other summer tires I had before with same profile size. Overall very satisfied. Seems they could last another 2 seasons.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 21,000 spirited miles
00021000 Tyres have been great in all weather conditions & comfortable quite but they continued to lose tyre pressure at one to two Psi per week for the last year. That was all. 4 tyres. MOT due today and 2mm above legal limit bars. And 2 of the 4. Tyres are cracked on inner rims not good and wasn't expecting it. As the three all looked at a glance.. They were fitted for last MOT.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Generally good tyres, but I did have PS3's fitted when I bought the car and they were far better. I was recommended the Eagles for cost / wear ability, but hells bells, they are extremely NOISY.
And for this and only this I would not consider them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
changed from continental rfts and ride is transformed no tramlining supple yet excellent grip highly recommend
0 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2015