Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 7

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
Had 2 of these tyres fitted to the rear of my Focus ST, had them on there for 2 years and there still is about 2.5m - 3m of wear left on them. Probably done approx 15,000miles. Would buy same brand again but would choose Asymmetric 3's this time.........

Got my money's worth with these.......
1 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2016
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota GT86 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Replacing the factory fit Bridgestone Primacys these were a revelation. Very grippy in wet and dry though a little noisy. Didn't last long though, rear grip was poor by 5,000 miles and needed replacing at 8,000. Fronts fared a little better, 10k before had to be replaced. Second set were as bad so won't be buying these again.
Great tyres when new but poor life makes them an expensive choice for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 20, 2016
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Don't fit to a suzuki swift sport.
Rubbish when pushed.
Cheapy ones I had on before were far better and they were 70% worn!
Don't get the hype!!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2016
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GT FSI (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Great tyres. Would definitely recommend for any 2wd, rwd or 4wd car weighing between 1250-2000kg.

Most of my driving is done at above average speeds on twisty country roads. Half in the dry and half on damp/wet roads.

These tyres are fitted on a fwd 300bhp/290lbft Golf Gti, so they take some stick and spend a fair bit of time rotating without full traction. 30-32psi recommended. Estimated mileage 12-15,000...
2 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
One of the best high performance tyres available. It does everything very well. My only gripe is that below 8 degrees Celsius they lose all steering feel. They still grip better than 90% of the tyres out there, but they feel a bit spongey. When it gets to 12 or above, they're glued to the road.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Great tyre, I can see why it is original equipment on the ST. I think the rim protector is great and makes the tyres look good too. Great in the dry, slightly worse in the wet, but then I did get the car with 10,000 miles on it so tyres already worn. Lasted easily to 20,000 with some hard driving, only replaced because one got damaged. Tried to buy again but not in stock!! Will try Michelin PS3...
0 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Holden calais V 6Ltr (245/40 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
Second full set of these tyres on a big heavy car with 260KW.
Generally driving very long distances +800kms on freeways (Sydney to Melbourne)
Don't mind pushing the car with the occasional spirited drive.
Tyres wore incredibly evenly at 40psi and I ran them well below the wear limit with no worries in the wet (driving a little easier because I knew tread was low). Rears removed today are nearly slicks with some steel belt just being obvious on inner edge. Yes I was naughty and ran them too long this time !!
Down to the wear limit grip in the dry is impressive but its the wet grip that astounds me. I have had a couple of occasions when I thought I had stuffed up so badly I really was just waiting for the slide and the BANG but the tyres didn't let go.
I will not buy anything else for this car until the Assy 3s are priced a little better. Car has had the original set of tyres, one complete set of Assy 2s then I replaced the rears because they wear fastest (2 new tyres went on the front) and now the rears again need replacing. So that's 3 sets of tyres put on the car from new but the fronts will be brand new tomorrow and the rears 1/2 worn for 174,000 kms say 2.5 complete sets or over 60,000kms/set.
TELL YOUR TYRE GUY 38-42psi and don't let him, convince you that 32psi is correct. The worst worn tyre I have had a very slow leak and while I watched the pressure weekly it wore worst as it would get to 30psi before I had it patched.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2016
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
I am a very aggressive experienced driver, in excess of 2 000 000 Kms driven so far in only a few years, high speed, hard cornering is a constant for me.
Amazing Grip both in wet and dry, I have tested these tyres on 3 completely different cars, and also tested from 3 generations of the tyre. since the original Eagle F1 tire Through Asymmetric 1 and now the Asymmetric 2. this current version is quieter and more comfortable then the previous. i have experienced harsh snow conditions in which obviously driving must be much more careful with any tyre but still, at high speed on motorway up down and cornering was absolutely fine, did not need chains where even some SUV's were stuck. front tyres have lasted in excess of 35000 Km's rear are currently in excess of 70000 Km's
Aquaplaning is not a problem with this tyre at all it seems sometimes the tyre is better in wet than dry, of course this is the confidence givven from such good grip.
Summer of course is also amazing, 100% confidence even in excess of 220 Km/H.
Tire Duration for a "Normal" Driver I am sure will be greatly increased.
comfort I think is as good as it can get with a tyre wall of this size.
Rim protection is extremely effective and the walls are very durable, have had a few occasions where other tyres would have been destroyed against obstacles, never had a flat tire and never lost pressure between tyre changes which is a first for me.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Calibra V6 (215/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 17,500 average miles
Have these tyres on a Calibra V6 for about 3 years now, using these tyres about 7 to 8 months a year (winter tyres during the rest). Back then I was thinking about buying either these or some Michelin Pilot SuperSports. I ended up buying the Goodyear's because they were apparently better in the wet and the Michelin's weren't available in the size I wanted.

I generally drive pretty relaxed (no racing or driving like a maniak), but you can definitely push hard with these tyres. The dry grip is great, much better then the very mediocre tyres the car had before these. In the wet I sometimes think the grip is even better then on dry roads, it's that good. Feedback through the steering wheel is very good, road noise is decent to good (they are not the quietest tyres but certainly not loud).

If I had to have 1 complaint it's that I hoped they would have lasted a bit longer. As mentioned before I have a pretty relaxed driving style and I drive mostly in town and country roads, but so far they've lasted about 25-28k kilometers (roughly 16-17k miles) and they've got less then 3mm left. At this point I did start to notice that the handling in very wet conditions started to decline a bit. It's not a steep drop-off, but I do notice there is not that much tread left on the them.
Currently have the winter tyres fitted and I probably will have to swap out the Goodyear's later this year, but I will certainly consider, and most like will be buying these tyres again.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Best relation quality/price, best tires money can buy! Excellent wet grip and fuel saving...
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016