Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 258 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,978,215 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 (245-40-18-)
Good grip in the wet and dry. Front tyres have lasted just over 11K miles, which is what I expected. Rear tyres have only about 3mm left after 11K miles so disapointed with that. The tyres did not wear evenly and I had the wheels aligned when they were fitted. I did not like the handling of these tyres as they seem to have a soft tyre wall and made the car feel slightly like jelly! I will try something else next time.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
An excellent all year/all round tyre.
Good in the dry, have been used for long motorway journeys, driving down town and as spirited as my boat allows on country roads and copes well in all conditions. Wet or dry they're good.
Much more confidence with these tyres, especially in heavy rain on the motorways with planes of water, they just deal with it.
These are going on again when I need new ones.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile Vector Sport Estste 175bhp (225-45-17-)
Firstly. A tyre review will vary greatly depending on what tyres you have moved away from. If you are moving from budget/normal to premium tyres your review will always be positive. Premium to another premium brand... maybe not.

I always have used Continental Sports Contact tyres on my Saab 9-5 Linear Sport estate (175bhp) and have always been consistently pleased with the results in all catergories.

I was due to have all four tyres changed, the first time since the new tyre labelling was introduced. Because of this additional information I made a decision to move to the Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's. According to the labelling information the Goodyear is much better fuel economy than the Sports Contact 3s that I had on my car. For me this was the clincher.

Now after several hundred miles here are my findings.

Plus points :Noise level significantly reduced.

Minus points : Handling not as good as the Sports Contact 3, neither is grip, after managing to wheelspin in 2nd gear on a couple of occasions. This never happened with the continentals. The car feels as if it is being held back by something. You can drive on these tyres with confidence and I'm trying to give it a few hundred more miles to get used to the tyres, but crucially when it comes down to it I'm simply not enjoying the ride.

BIG MINUS POINT: Despite having a higher fuel economy rating I am achieving worse results. On the same journey, with the same fuel and same weather conditions I have noticed a significant reduction of 13mpg. Yes THIRTEEN. That is a huge drop.

(I cannot comment on tyre longevity, as I have only been driving with these tyres on for 1000 miles)

I am seriously considering moving back to Continental Sports Contact before these Goodyears end of life. The Goodyears have had a negative impact on my driving experience and on my cars performance.

I'm quite annoyed. Had the new tyre labelling standards NOT have been in place I would have gone with Continental Sports Contact 3s again, or possibly 5s. Everything about the labelling pointed to the Goodyear being a better tyre... but for me, and my car, its not.
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
These tyres I had fitted just a few days ago have completely changed the feel of my car! Almost infinate grip round the bends and so good that under extremely heavy braking, I can barely get the car to skid or my ABS to cut in!

With them being a soft and grippy compound, I imagine that these will wear out a bit quicker than other options, but hey, they're incredibly good otherwise!!
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225-45-17-H)
Driving on mostly town for 100 average miles
Great!
tyre reviewed on December 27, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (215-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Initial tyre performance was close to perfection. But after running less than 20,000 miles it had weird humming sound and became very bumpy. Upon inspection, all tyres had uneven surface tread wear and had to be replaced. Was expecting better quality/lasting tyres for the price paid.
tyre reviewed on December 25, 2013
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 VTEC Sport (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 11,000 spirited miles
Okay, another review on the same brand from the same guy but on another car and in another size.

So again: I bought these based upon reviews on this site, but first I was dissapointed compared to the previous Michelin Pilot Primacy tyre. But after several hundreds of kilometers they started to feel fine.

So I got these on two different cars, in different sizes. But they feel exactly the same. The one thing which got the most attention in how quit they are. Especially in my Civic, which is a 6 gear that can hold 50 km/h in 6th. At that speed at 1400 rpm you can hear everything ! But not these tyres, they are absolutely quit. The car is dropped 1,3" on Eibach springs but comfort almost didn't go down. The car can be driven real hard and fast and these tyres provide pure confidence. On wet roads they can loose a little grip but only an inch and they'll hold on again. Compared to the Michelins... well the Michelins never slipped.

Took them off two weeks ago to change to the winter tyres and their profile is 5,5 mm till 7 mm. After doing 15.000 km with a spirited driver (my wife) that's not bad at all. I guess they will do at least 40.000 km. But that's another review a few year ahead in time.
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2013
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler PC Cruiser (225-45-17-W)
I bought these new based upon the reviews on this site. They needed to be an allround tyre in all conditions exept freezing cold and snow. Bought them online cause at my regular tyre-guy they where 50% more expensive. So got them in and had them mounted for €60.

At first I was a bit disappointed. Couldn't believe these were the most praised tyres on this site cause to be really honest: the Michelin Pilot Primacy in the same size were way superiour to these...
But after some milage they started to feel better, and better, and now I believe they are a match for the Michelins, but at a lower price.

They are on 8" wide wheels on a Chrysler PT Cruiser, dropped 2,6" on coilovers. They make the (from stock nog sporty) car feel like a Go kart. When it's wet they tend to give up some grip, but only slightly before they grip again. I think I can really feel their limits.

They have something like 10.000 km on them now and wear is now at 7 mm or better. So they will last forever !

Got the same brand and type on my other car, but in another size. I will write a different review for them.
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 (245-35-18-)
Fitted a set front and rear to my e46 330i sport touring and also had them on my e39 530i. I drive my cars hard given the right place and time and they they are out standing but really come into their element on wet roads. Unless you drive like a hooligan you will be able to drive as hard/fast in the rain ad you would in the dry. But that's not the point, the point is that you are safe in all road conditions. The only fault I have for them is that they can wear quickly. On a RWD heavy car I wouldn't expect a set to last more than 12 to 16 thousand miles. 7000 miles into these tyres and the rears are down to 3-4 mm but the fronts are over 5mm
tyre reviewed on December 17, 2013
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (245-40-17-W)
Because of good reviews/test results I bought these Goodyear tires after my original very good Continental Sport 3 was worn out, 245/40/17 on the rear and 225/45/17 on the front.
The Goodyears are good well balanced tires with very good grip both in wet and dry, I can't find anything bad to say about these tires.
Compared to the Continentals they are slightly better in the wet, slightly better comfort and noise-level, slightly better feeling/progressiveness on the limits especially on wet surface.
The Goodyears also has better traction both wet and dry.
I can not really compare wear yet but I think the rear tires has almost the same wear as the Continentals had, I'm a little surprised about that.
I did however prefer the Continentals on motorways/highways/autobahn, especially at very high speeds,(Max 250 km/h), the Goodyears are stable and safe at high speeds but they don't have that little extra "heavy" rock solid stability as the Continentals. I had a total confidence at very high speeds with the Continentals, the Goodyears don't give me that same total confidence but they are not bad in any way.
The Continentals also had a significantly better road feedback and a more precis steering, I miss that on the Goodyears although the Goodyears handles slightly better on the limits.
At all speeds I could "feel" the road better with the Continentals, the Goodyears are more "light and soft", it is really a matter of what the driver prefers, nothing is bad.
For city driving, normal daily use and for slightly better comfort I prefer Goodyear, for high speeds on highways/autobahn I prefer Continental Sport 3. Next year I expect to change tires again and I'm not sure which way to go but for this car I will probably choose high speed handling/stability before anything ells.

tyre reviewed on December 11, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: