Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Replaced my Michelin PSS with these. Never again!! Now get chronic understeer , vague in the straight ahead and car feels far less responsive and does not inspire confidence.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2018
Jaguar Jaguar XE (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
First review was on 8th Sept 17 after 1000 miles . Now covered 5500 miles and still have 7mm tread left all round . Having ditched the EO Pirelli p7 at 5mm I can honestly say if you enjoy driving as much as I do this was a costly move that I don't regret
This tyre continues to perform brilliantly for me , certainly in the low profile that I have in the Jag. To sum it up without going overboard the assy 3 continues to deliver great steering response , great comfort and quietness all in one , and on our shamefull UK roads it's certainly a bonus to have all these attributes in one tyre. I am more than happy.

8 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2017
Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche Cayman (205/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 350 spirited miles
Replaced 7 year old Michelin PS2's with Goodyear Eagle F1 assym
Right away they felt funny, and after 300 km started troubleshooting.
They felt like i was driving on a flat tire.
even though they were already pumped more then the PS2s and porsches user manual requres.

lower pressure made it worse and highier pressure somehow made a bit of a difference, but at 1 bar over the normal pressure it no longer improved.

After 500 km I got so fed up with the way my car drove, and how it pretty much made me seasick .. there was a delay on steer in and changing direction in a turn felt wobbeley in the back when the Michelins did not have this issue

Replaced them with new Michelin PS2's at 550 km. Goodyear even came to check out the tires, took em with me and reported back they were 'in spec'.. So it's not a production fault , but a poor tire design and spec.
And they sent em back.. now i'm stuck with 4 useless Goodyear tires..
Maybe I can sell em off the next time there is a strike somewhere and the union people need something to burn.
15 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2017
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 CDI W176 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Comfortable, grippy, great turn in. I would rate everything exceptional bar slightly off centre cornering. Mid corner adjustability and turn is still excellent, but the tyres can scrub on less acute corners where not much steering input is applied; eg carrying lots of speed into a less than a quarter lock turn. I would buy again.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2017
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C200k (245/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
I have fitted these tyres on my car after having the previous version of the same tyre for 4 years on the same car.
I am located in Athens, Greece.
When the tyres are new, they are simply excellent on dry and wet. They take a few minutes of driving to reach their optimum temperature, but from then on they provide about the same grip level with the Continental SportContact or the Michelin Pilot Sports. They handle better that the Michelins on turns and they are relatively quiet. They are more reliable than the Contis in terms of driving up a curbside once in a while, the Contis and Michelins are notorious for damages due to curbsides, especially when they are warm.
Forget about driving even on a minimum thickness of snow, they are totally wrong for snow or ice.
The problem with the Goodyears is that after a couple of years their rubber gets very hard so they lose their grip on dry and wet.
I believe that driving fast on hot asphalt somehow bakes the rubber and it loses its elasticity. I usually drive this car on country roads and the freeway in the summer, sustained speeds up to 150 km/h at temperatures exceeding 40 degrees Celsius, and this changes their behaviour.
Right now, I cannot push my fingernail inside the tread, it is as hard as a brick, and they loose grip too easily, especially in the city. ESP and ABS are kicking in all the time even though they have more that 5 mm of tread depth left.

I had similar problems with the Assymetric 2, but i thought I'd give Goodyear a second chance. Bad call....

If you are driving in hot climates, I would suggest a different tyre. I myself have no idea which tyre I should replace them with.
14 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen mk7 Golf GTD (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Having bought a VW Golf GTD I was a bit taken aback by the hard ride - I knew it had sport suspension but it was harder than I'd hoped for. On ridding someone else's post I discovered my car was fitted with Bridgestone tyres which have a very hard side wall - a bit like run flats. I decided to go for Goodyears and the difference is astounding, absorbs bumps well and the side walls you can press your finger into. So if you have a sporty car folks I'm not saying for a minute Bridgestone are bad probably a great tyre for throwing your car into corners but if like me you enjoy a comfortable ride in your car buy Good Year all day long - oh and they are far quieter as well something else I noticed today.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 3,600 average miles
I used to have Pirelli which were fitted on my Scirocco 2014, I bought the car last year so you can tell that they were dry...noisy..I felt every penny on the road...

I started looking for the best Tyre I can buy...I reviewed this website and decided to go for good year...and honestly I was not disappointed... even though I waited the dealer for 3 months to bring the shipment...it's weird that this size is not that available here in KSA...

After fitting them everything changed...the noise... feeling... smoothness of the ride...it became quite, we drive highway here at speed of 130Km/h hence the whole physics of the car changes...but those tires are monsters...

One more thing...the fuel consumption went low...I used to get 9-11 L/100km and after the new tires it's 7-9L/Km which was surprising for me as it also made the engine quite.

Heat and humidity are all year long here no wet conditions whatsoever...so I review is based on current weather.

I recommend this tire with this size.

Thank you all for guiding me before.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2017