Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V40 sport lux (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,500 spirited miles
THANK YOU GOODYEAR!!
These tyres does it all!!
From the first drive these tyres are a fantastic blend of high performance and comfort.
In Norway we have some very nasty tarmac and still these UHP gives very good comfort, low noise.
Replaced them from pirelli P7 and the difference is astonishing- especially in the wet and the comfort aspect.
Volvo V40 is a small neutral car with good balance of dynamic and comfort, good weight balance and low weight and of cource as all frontwheel drive cars - just a tad under steer when pushed.
But with the goodyears eagle AS3, 225/45-17 94YXL the grip in both wet and dry is more than you need for spirited driving- within both ethical and physic laws.
And the car does feel neutral most of the time as it should.
The tyres gives you so much confidence when you drive but still you know this is not michelin super sports so with that in mind the safety reserves will always be there.
I have driven in severe rain on a long journey in Sweden, 90 km/h in a pool of water, did not aquaplan.
The car also holds its line very well in both low and high speeds and on all kinds off bad or good tarmac with these Goodyears.

I think the sidewalls in this size feels - yes exactly - not overly stiff and not overly soft. at least in this size 45- low profile.
Some say that the progressiveness at the limit is hard to feel- but I do not agree! you feel maybe, just maybe a little under steer yes -but unless you are going like a mad man in 100 MPH (160 km/h) into a tight corner/bend this is easy to controll, as you feel the sidewalls bend a little bit and the car really does it for you with the stability systems like all new premium cars. I do not drive with stability systems off as I appreciate not crashing into either cars or trees..
The braking is tremendous in both wet and dry- over 10 degrees celsius-!!
Guess there are even more superperformance and track oriented tyres (michelin/contis sport) but they are not as comfortable and quiet, and is"nt that also a safety aspect of driving? the noise level in your car so you do not get tired on long journeys?
This tyre does it all:
If you are looking for a comfortable, well priced tyre that does it all, good performance , safe braking in wet and dry, very good aquaplaning resistance , low noise and very good fuel economy this is a safe pick!
I always ride new tyres so the wear is not a subject for me but after two years, 6500 miles on really bad roads the wear on these tyres seemes really ok.
HIGHLY RECOMENDED
2 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
Just bought the tyres but enough to say that they are far better than the Conti Sport Contact 5. Incredible comfort and response. The car goes to where I want immediately. No noise at all. This is the best quality for the price tyre.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2018
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors Rio 5 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Just got the tire. Very balanced tire. I was looking for a combination of A rated brake and C fuel econ tire with lower noise than my bridgestone potenza tires(72decibels). I bought these tires for 97 EUR per piece 205/45/R17. They look good with nice pattern. What I was impressed with most is the tire comfort. Negative(if I can call that a negative) point when you are washing your car and want to put on tire shine it does not full as I expected. The markings(emboss) on the side walls of the tire are not groved enough to create an awesome effect like the Bridgestone potenza. If you are looking at the comprtitors - Dunlop(Usually wear out fast with very soft side walls,extremely quite),Michelin(Highest Price,Good performance but not as good as Continental),Continental(High Noise,brilliant tire), Bridgestone(High Price, Good tires,Noisy,amazing to paint after wash), Pirelli(Zero grip for summer tires below 7deg, Stiff tires a bit of a harsh ride,Noisy, extremely grippy, wears out hard,Moderatly expensive).

Best balance - Vredenstein(Best for lower price), Goodyear(Best), Fulda(mid class),Nexen(budget)

I bought Goodyear the tires are well balanced and they are more premium brand and if you are planning to sell the car after a year they will provide you more leverage in the sales than a slightly less known brand.

4 - tyre reviewed on March 29, 2018
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST250 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Had the Asymmetric 2s on my ST before this, and both are excellent tyres.
The new ones, are very close to the 2's however I did notice slightly better fuel economy with the 3s and less tyre spin when accelerating (to the speed limit, obviously)

5 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR tdi (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Great tyres. Changed from conti sport 5 to these and noticed comfort improvement imeadiatly. Rears have been on for 13000 miles and still have 6.5 mm. Fronts been on for 5000 miles and have 6.5mm. Great grip wet and dry.
17 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2018
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.7Tdi Quattro S Line (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Quite possibly the best tyre you can put on your car for the day to day requirements. I replaced my Michelin PS3s with the Goodyear’s and the ride Quality is smooth and far less tyre noise. They have tremendous wet weather grip, coupled to the Quattro system and I won’t be going back to Michelin’s... I had previous experience of Asym 2 on my TTS and they transformed the car from the Avon’s. Highly recommended, just review the official tests to see how highly they score in proper testing environments.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2018
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 535d msport touring (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I replaced Dunlop runflats with these Asymmetric 3 245/40 R18's and the difference in ride comfort, grip, both wet and dry, and feel was night and day. The only issue I encountered was it took approximately 1500 miles to bed in which for my mileage was a little under two weeks. During this period they were a little skittish and would have the traction control stepping in on occasion where previously it didn't. Once worn in however, they are simply brilliant, much like the Asymmetric 2's I had on my previous car. Economy was up enough to notice a difference, noise was far lower than the runflats and comfort massively increased. I'm a bit surprised the rears need replacing after 15000 miles but that is par for the course when you have 700NM going through the rear apparently (although the fronts still have 5mm left). Despite this for the performance, price and confidence they inspire I'll be replacing them with a new set soon.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018
Given 62% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Had lots of Asymmetric 2s in the past and found them to be a really strong all-rounder so presumed the new Asymmetric 3s would be good too. They certainly perform as well on the road but they just don't last, I'm 10k miles short of what I was getting out of the 2s and they are near the limit. My commute and driving style haven't changed so must be the new rubber....
32 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2018
BMW (255/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Dry grip is awesome, as well as wet to a point. Very deep water just cuts through. I'm a spirited driver and you can tell when it starts to brake away. I won't put anything else on my 335i.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2018
Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Replaced my Michelin PSS with these. Never again!! Now get chronic understeer , vague in the straight ahead and car feels far less responsive and does not inspire confidence.
20 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2018