Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 64% while driving a MG ZR (205/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
Replaced a set of Continental Sport Contact 2.

Pro's:
-Very quiet
-Lighter steering
-Comfortable
-Good wet and dry grip

Con's:
-Slow steering response, car doesn't feel as sharp
-Steering feedback is very poor

Good tyres for long distance cruisers and grocery getters, but dont fit these tyres to a sports car or if you like spirited driving, you will be dissapointed.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2012 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Rubbish tyre, they shouldn't call it a max performance tyre, it is a passenger tyre which is for the Moms to take their kids to school. The sidewall is ridiculously soft which gives no feedback at all. I am running KW V3 coilover at a relatively stiff setup and -2.2 deg of front camber on my car, the tyre still can't support itself at all while I am trail braking into a corner, and I am using 39psi cold pressure already.........Tyre wear is not good, already more than halfway out at 2500km. Won't buy it again
13 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Golf R estate (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Great tyre, first thing I noticed was how quiet they are. Very comfortable ride too. Dry grip is fantastic and the wet grip is good too. Can't comment on wear so early but I would use them again.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro (245/40 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
This tire takes a while (over 1K miles) to break-in. Initially I was a little disappointed on its grip and comfort, but after a couple thousand miles the tires have started to shine with good traction wet or dry, offer good level of comfort and quietness.

Right before F1A3 I ran Hankook S1 EVO 2, also great tire for the price, but F1A3 feels somewhat more refined in its road manners, especially on road noise.

The steering feedback is a little numb but it can be the car and not tire, because I remember when I ran 1st generation F1A1 on my previous Subaru Legacy BPE 3.0R it had wonderful steering feel.

So I have no major complaint about this tire.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 200 miles
Bought these tyres after reading good reviews on the web. I have driven them on motorways and street roads and can’t fault the comfort and grip of these tyres. After driving other GTIs with Michelin’s and Pirelli’s, the grip levels are very similar but comfort of the Goodyear’s are way better than its competitors. The comfort does however sacrifice road feedback when compared to the other tyres. For the price of nearly half the PSS this tyre definitely provides excellent value for money.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2018
Given 66% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sportback (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,875 spirited miles
Very quiet and comfortable tyre that has good grip both in the wet and dry. Well worth the money, however the sidewalls seem really thin so I would not recommend these to someone who is used to having good feedback and steering precision from the tyres. They feel very mushy compared to the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport I had before which was disappointing.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Jaguar XF S (255/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Fitted these to my XFS to replace the original manufacturer Dunlop Sport Maxx. They've been on the car for 6 months now, we have 2 XFs the other one was still on Dunlops and it made for an interesting comparison, I've found the Goodyears to be a little grippier in the wet and dry and quieter with slightly improved fuel consumption over 6 months, maybe 1.5mpg better. As we actually had some snow days this past winter I would say that the Goodyears were acceptable if not brilliant in the snow, the Dunlops were really poor in comparison. The wear rate seems slightly higher with the Goodyears which in my experience has always been the case. A good compromise though for better performance. One other thing, the Goodyears have a protruding lip to give greater protection to the rims, if your other half parks as carefully as mine does then this is a real money and rim saver! Would I buy again? I just did.
8 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2018
Given 83% while driving a (225/45 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
I really had great expectations from this tyre on the Tesla Model S 85D. It is not that the tyre is not good. On the contrary, it is possibly the best fit for this car. A great all arounder with good dry and wet grip and very good rolling resistance and noise levels. I really cannot find any significant drawback. I just got a little dissapointed that it is rather a solid 8.5/10 everywhere. I would probably buy the Michelin PS4 if I had to choose again, just for the little extra grip. Relative to its price, the ASY3 will surely be in everyone's shortlist in this segment. Cannot evaluate wear yet.
13 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2018
Given 94% while driving a BMW 130i M (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Masterpiese tyre!