Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 86% while driving a Audi A3 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Very good summer tyres for Bergen, Norway, where it rains A LOT. These tyres grip very well if outside temperature is above 10 degrees celsius. Below that temperature, driver can not rely on them.
For my little 1200kg car, 245/45R18 are a bit oversized, and tyre rubs when crossing bumps at normal to high speed, and even at very low speeds when car is loaded with 4 persons inside.
Rim and tyre are 25kg heavy, but still having insane grip in corners. Grip when breaking is also insane.
I would buy them again, but 235/40 variant, newer generation.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2019
Given 81% while driving a BMW X3 2.0d Sport (245/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Had Pirelli's from new. Wore quickly and were sloppy in handling. Goodyears are much better. I feel more in control and know what the cars doing. Also quieter on rough roads can't fault them just need to test as weather gets colder.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2018
Given 80% while driving a (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 230 average miles
I recently bought an A6 BiTdi Avant shod with Maxxis VS01, at the time I was happy with the tyre having only driven it at relatively low speeds. I was happy that the 19 wheels were no giving too bad a ride and the tyres /car appeared to handle OK. It was not until I took the car abroad and got past the 80mph mark that I began to be unhappy. There was a marked vibration that I tried to get balanced out without total success. The Maxxis had around 6mm of tread and took a lot of weight to quieten down, but never completely. The Maxxis is a budget tyre with good reviews but I really didn't feel it suited the Audi so I bit the bullet and had a set of the (now old) AO qualified Eagle F1 Asymmetric (not 2 or 3) and I can report it is like Chalk and Cheese. The car is altogether better composed with good road feel, ride comfort and no appreciable noise increase. Perhaps Audi really do tune their suspension to the tyre ? Not many AO F1s about any more and the F1 Asymmetric 2 and 3 don't appear to be AO qualified so I'm not sure what I will do next time round. Hopefully it wont be too soon.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2018
Given 61% while driving a (225/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Had those purchased as my 1st set of tyres (all four) since I bought the car. At 1st the tyres felt sticky, car felt planted in the corners but after some 5000km (3000miles) they felt plasticky on the front axle with loads of understeer especially after a couple of trackdays. Treadwear was fine, not even half through and the sidewalls were intact. And that's just the problem it seems for me - the tyres' qualities are not consistent as if the rubber quality feels progressively worse the deeper you dig into them. Luckily the rear ones seem ok and I still keep them on the rear axle now with my 4th set on the front (Pirelly P Zero Nero at the moment).
I'll avoid the Eagles due to lack of confidence in quality consistency
0 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2017
Given 73% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (235/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Noisiest tyres I hhhavvve ver had.
To the point that everyone that rides in the car comments. On it.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Ford Galaxy (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Great tyres these tyres have lasted twice as long as Conti 5s I've used in the past
5 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Superb traction for all dry and wet roads in terrible asphalt in Greece. I have done over 28000 km the last 4 years driving an Audi a3 sportback 160 ps, and for the first 2.5 years the perfomance of these tyres was as good as the day i bought them. The last 1.50 year the performance redused slightly and overaged and still NO issue with the steering. Now i will replace them with GoodYear Assymetric 3. Highly recommended!
42 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2016
Given 88% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Currently have these tyres on a honda accord euro r I find these tyres to have as much grip in the wet as the dry excellent tyre all round would trust these tyres entering a corner at most speeds.
10 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2015