Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 56 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 353,695 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip

79%

90%

82%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance Reviews

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Had these on front and rear of 2004 Megane 1.9dci. Rears have done around 18k and are now worn to legal limit, which is much sooner than I was expecting so somewhat disappointed especially as I mainly do motorway miles. Think I'll try something else next time, probably Michelin Energy +.

Tyres themselves are fine with good grip in the dry and wet - comparable with the Continental Premium Contacts I had before. Fuel consumption noticeably improved when they were new but has of course tailed off as they have worn.
tyre reviewed on August 12, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-45-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
put these on the front of my mazda 6 sport and as a self confessed michelin fan it took a lot of research to convince me to buy these tyres but they seemed to just pip the michelin pilot sport 3 on fuel performance. cant speak yet on their durablity or winter grip as only had them a week but wow its like driving on clouds - they are so quiet, the steering is now light and easy, theres no tramlining or excessive bouncing over bumps (like I had on my previously inherited bridgestones pe040). they have transformed the driving experience - wish I had done it sooner - will be looking to replace the rear tyres with these asap!
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance or any other tyre.

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225-45-17-)
Bought 2 of these to replace 2 Dunlop SP01s. Very quiet & smoother riding than the Dunlops, can't really comment on the economy as the average economy of the car is still improving at 47k miles & only driven on these for about 3k so far. However as I've just swapped them on to the rear axle again, the most marked difference to the Dunlops is the very soft turn-in. The grip is good, but the Dunlops make the steering so much better, & as the Yeti's steering is so good, it spoils the car tbh. Might be OK on my partners A3 as the steering's numb & rubbish on that anyway!
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d (225-55-16-W)
put 4 tyres on the car in November 2013. BMW E39 Touring. Great grip and seemed good.
Downside is it is now July 2014 and with only 5500 miles on the rear tyres they are shot and need replacing. For the price these are the worst wearing tyres I have ever had, so beware if you put them on this car. Great tyre, safe, grippy, but not value for money. Wont buy again
tyre reviewed on July 23, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 1.9tdi se (205-55-16-)
Excelcent tyres. I bought two and I am very pleased with these.
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai i20 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
I had these fitted to my 2013 Hyundai i20 at the end of May after the Kumho tyres the car came with expired at 20,000 miles. I drive a mixture of country roads and main A roads in England on school and work runs. I had researched the most fuel efficient, grippy and quiet tyres for the car beforehand and these came top of most of the lists. My sums told be that a 2mpg decrease in fuel consumption would pay for the replacement of the two front tyres over the next 20,000 miles, assuming these tyres last that long. Before the change I could not get my trip computer to average more than 54.7MPG at the end of a weeks driving. After the front tyres were changed I am getting over 56.5MPG constantly. Grip is great,ride fine & just about noticeably quieter. We will see about wear at the next change...
tyre reviewed on June 27, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Ford 05 Mondeo 185 (modded) diesel (205-55-16-V)
I said I'd report back on the longevity these so here we go.
Almost exactly a year ago I bought 2 of these for the front of my much modded Mondeo. To start with I found them to be good, but not as good as the (quick wear) Toyo Proxes I had before. In the dry they are slightly above average, in the wet they are well above average, completely dependable. They are quiet and comfortable. Plenty of feel. BUT, and here's my gripe, 10k, sometimes spirited miles and they are 0.5mm above the wear limiters, the outer edge of one tyre is showing signs of peeling/blistering. They are throwing the wheel balance out at 70+ (autobahn)and they are following every line in the road and give a sliding feel on white lines.
To sum up, for 11 months, about 9k miles, they have been very good, but not exceptional, for the last month or 1000 miles or so they have been nasty but not dangerous. Buy with confidence, but don't expect them to be long lasting on a quite powerful front wheel drive car.
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 S-line (245-40-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 easy going miles
On the rear i head to replace 2 michelin pilot sport 3. I choose for the efficiƫnt grip performance in the size 245/40r18 for our audi 2004 a6 with standard lower suspension. Tyres drive well and are quiet. Verry good grip on wet and dry conditions. Also good in fuel economy. The michelin on the back were stiff and it had a negative reaction due to comfort. The problem left with the goodyears.
On the front i have michelin super sport. These tyres are superb!!!! Grip and steering reactions are verry verry good. So when these tyres have to be replaced i do not know if i will fit the goodyears on the front. The goodyears have a weaker sidewall.
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 S-line (245-40-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 easy going miles
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A140 (195-50-15-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
have them on my mercedes a 140 on the rear end.great tire.either them or verdestein buy again
tyre reviewed on June 8, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: