Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 85 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 598,295 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip

72%

88%

73%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Good set of tyres. Not as good grip in the dry as the conti sport contact 5 however.

Done 15k and I still have 5mm of tread left, so good on wear.

Will probably buy something else next time. This tyre doesn't have any rim protection lip (205 50 17 93w) so I've kerbed my alloys since these were put on
tyre reviewed on June 25, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-W)
the focus suffers from road noise but with these tyres that has gone, grip is excellent and to the handling as for wear put fronts to back at 12000 and new on front, would buy again great tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance or any other tyre.

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Prius (195-55-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 18,000 easy going miles
Sorry to say that they wear to quickly to be a sensible buy.
Used on a Toyota prius so not a heavy fast car and was shocked to only get 18k out if the front set.
you get twice the mileage out of Michelin so they should be half the price !
Beware
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Note: 1. I do not drive at the limit therefore my opinion on progressiveness should probably be ignored.
2. I have only ever driven this car using GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance

When I first had these tyres new there was virtually no road noise inside the cabin at 70mph on the motorway, this was consistent up until about 10,000 miles where the compound became significantly noisier.

Cornering is great, the car never feels like it's approaching the edge of grip when cornering at the same speed in the wet and the dry, traction is fantastic also with it being difficult to accidentally spin the wheels under hard acceleration from a stand still. Grip has not significantly reduced after 12,000 miles however I am replacing all four tyres after a puncture as the tread is getting near replacement anyway and the road noise was bothering me.

The tyres do introduce a little more roll to the car due to the soft sidewalls however with my sports chassis it has probably improved the ride in favour of comfort, what isn't so great about the soft sidewalls is that they bulge quite a lot, which helped cause a puncture when the tyre sidewall became pinched against a curb, tearing the tyre and leaving me with 122 miles to drive on a space saver.

I am actually buying these tyres again, mainly because they are so cheap compared to their rivals, I wanted to try out Michelin PS3s but I can't justify paying £30 extra per tyre when I know that the GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance will give me good, quiet, grippy, fuel efficient performance that caters to my high motorway mileage requirements.
tyre reviewed on May 14, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS220D (225-45-17-W)
Very disappointed in these tyres (on the Front of Lexus IS220D), lasted less than 10,000 miles compared to previous tyres (Conti Sport 5s) which lasted over 25,000 miles...definitely softer ride but poor feedback/grip compared to the Conti's too! Just had two new conti's fitted for £94 each which I consider very good value.
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 3,000 easy going miles
I have been driving with these tyres for 5k km. my previous tyre was Dunlop sp sport 1. First thing I noticed that Goodyear is very quiet and comfortable. So far I am happy with the wear but it is early to make a comment. At the highway there's almost no noise. I would buy again for sure.
tyre reviewed on May 1, 2015
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (205-50-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
Decided on the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance for my MX5 mk3 after reading countless tyre test reviews. Not done a significant mileage yet so can't give a numerical score in any area but must comment on the most obvious and immediate observation - these tyres are so much quieter than the Yokohama Advan A11A tyres they replace. With the hood up the lower noise level is significant. The ride is much more comfortable too. When I put some serious miles on them I'll complete this review.
tyre reviewed on April 24, 2015
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 D5 (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
These tyres are cheap and nasty.
The biggest problem is their softness which robs the car of any steering feel to the point they make the car feel it's under steering badly or the road is icy. It's ruined the handling of the car and the steering feel and high speed A roads are now a dangerous activity - really disappointed.
I deeply regret buying these and am currently in the process of getting a refund.
tyre reviewed on April 10, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-45-17-)
Don't know whether I have been unlucky but have had six new tyres and two punctures in a year, more than any other tyre in my driving life. not sure whether this is due to low profile tyres or the Goodyear compound?
tyre reviewed on April 9, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra G (190-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Imagine a date with a nice, cute girl who is easy-going, and makes you fell comfortable from the very first moment. And this date is getting even beter as the situation gets wet...
Okay, let's get a bit more scientific. If you're switching from a high-rolling-resistance tyre, the first thing you'll notice is how easy the car rolls on these Goodyears. Because of the hectic trips I've done on these I can't really tell how much fuel you can save, but I experienced a side effect of low rolling resistance: if you lift the throttle, the car won't slow as much as it used to, so brake wear will be higher as you have to use it more. It can be a bit annoying in town, but after you got accustomed to this, you will be able to think ahead.
And there are more good news: the grip limits are very high. You can throw the car into a corner at any reasonable (and even a bit more than reasonable) speeds whitout saying a little prayer before, and you will come out on the other end in one piece. And it applies to wet conditions too. These tyres grip like hell in rainy conditions. Considering that these are eco tyres, I believe miracles have happened when they designed them.
Other reviewers mentioned how comfortable these tyres are, and I strongly agree with them. The soft sidewalls do the trick well and make the ride very smooth which is useful if there are bad roads in your country. If you really like a plush ride, put them on a Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension (that's something I really would like to try).
Any drawbacks? Well, since nothing is perfect, there must be something. And there is. Because of the soft structure the road feedback is gone almost completely of the already not-so-communicative Astra. I wouldn't put these on a driver's car (by which I mean nothing more than a Ford Focus in this review). They soak up pretty much everything coming from the road, which is not always bad, but most of the time I miss the lost information.
A few reviews earlier someone with the same car with same tyre size said these tyres are good in terms of progressiveness, but I disagree. I believe the Firestone F700s I had earlier are better in this area (read my review if you want to). Even the 185/65 Dunlop Winter Response 2s (my winter set, you can read my review of them too) are better. Without the feedback I can't really feel when they are gone. Luckily the grip keeps you out of trouble, but if you want to find the limits, get your reflexes ready to get everything sorted again because it won't warn you when it gets too much.
Conclusion: if you want a tyre which has low rolling resistance, grippy and comfy, look no further, this is the perfect choice. But if you aren't looking for the travelling pleasure, but the driving pleasure, forget the EfficientGrip Performance. Would I buy them again? Well, I believe they suit the car well, and Rational Me loves them, but Petrolhead Me wants to get rid of them. To make peace, I'd chose the ContiEcoContact 5, and Dunlop's SP Sport BluResponse seems to be a good option as well, but I won't throw this set away. Instead I'll try to enjoy the benefits. And no, I didn't regret buying them, so they will go with the car (if they last long enough).
tyre reviewed on April 5, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: