Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 90 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 649,395 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip

71%

88%

73%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk6 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Before I start, I hail from Singapore, so my view is based purely on tropical climate. This being the most comprehensive tyre review site I can find anywhere, so I decided to post here.
Just got this set of tyres after much research, especially from the reviews here. Read about the tyre being too soft for the side walls. Verified that.
Before tyre installation, I was pressing on the side walls, comparing it with the Efficientgrip (without "performance" in the name) and the Efficientgrip has slightly thicker and firmer sidewalls than the Efficientgrip Performance. Noise-wise very good for this tyre. Very quiet even on rough/porous pavement used in Singapore expressways. Hence extremely quiet on concrete surfaces in carparks. Cannot comment on wear yet. Will update, but expecting the hot weather here to adversely impact the wear as the tyre compound is soft. The tyre shop generally uses 250kPa/36psi for tyre pressure for fuel efficiency. So at 36psi/250kPa, the tyre handles pretty well. Similar to the handling of my old Falken ZIEX914 ecorun at 33.5psi/235kPa. My old Falken914s were quite for the first 2000km, then became noisy, especially on porous roads. Hope these goodyears hold up to their claims. Overall, quite satisfied with the purchase. The ride definitely softer now.
tyre reviewed on August 14, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (195-65-15-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Very good tyre. Great for motorway journeys where I appreciate low noise and low rolling resistance.
GY's save fuel compared to winter tyres (approx. 5-10%). On rainy roads, GY's are also great. Slightly weaknesses on aquaplaning and hard braking on wet.
In general, I believe it is the best "green" tyre, without any bigger weaknesses. As this is green tyre people might say that wear could be better, but considering performance, I estimate they'll last for 35000 km on my Octavia, which is OK.

tyre reviewed on August 3, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza (185-60-14-H)
I bought these tyres to replace a pair of Budget Event GL695 and the difference is astonishing.
Fantastic grip in the dry and wet and are also very quite.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is how soft the side walls are as they can give the car a bit of extra roll but I'm happy to live with it because of the grip.

I can't really comment too much on the wear rate as have only done 4k on them but as far as I can tell, they don't seem to be wearing too quick.

If you're looking for a replacement tyre, I would highly recommend these to anyone as they're just so good for the price.
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S-Max (225-50-17-W)
An excellent comfortable tyre with lots of grip. The S-Max is a heavy and pretty quick car for its size and do the tyres do wear quickly. These aren't as fast wearing as the Dunlop Sportmax RT that I only got 4,000 out of, but they do wear out in just 12,000 miles. I keep buying the Goodyears because there are always deals at my local Kwik Fit which make them cheap enough to discount the wear rate.
tyre reviewed on July 18, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I'd agree with the themes on here. Smooth ride but quite a bit of roll. Superb grip but little feedback. Gripping to the last but barely scraping 15k on the fronts, now well under 3mm.

I like them a lot but overall I think they're a little pricey for the wear.
tyre reviewed on July 6, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Good set of tyres. Not as good grip in the dry as the conti sport contact 5 however.

Done 15k and I still have 5mm of tread left, so good on wear.

Will probably buy something else next time. This tyre doesn't have any rim protection lip (205 50 17 93w) so I've kerbed my alloys since these were put on
tyre reviewed on June 25, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-W)
the focus suffers from road noise but with these tyres that has gone, grip is excellent and to the handling as for wear put fronts to back at 12000 and new on front, would buy again great tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Prius (195-55-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 18,000 easy going miles
Sorry to say that they wear to quickly to be a sensible buy.
Used on a Toyota prius so not a heavy fast car and was shocked to only get 18k out if the front set.
you get twice the mileage out of Michelin so they should be half the price !
Beware
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (205-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
Note: 1. I do not drive at the limit therefore my opinion on progressiveness should probably be ignored.
2. I have only ever driven this car using GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance

When I first had these tyres new there was virtually no road noise inside the cabin at 70mph on the motorway, this was consistent up until about 10,000 miles where the compound became significantly noisier.

Cornering is great, the car never feels like it's approaching the edge of grip when cornering at the same speed in the wet and the dry, traction is fantastic also with it being difficult to accidentally spin the wheels under hard acceleration from a stand still. Grip has not significantly reduced after 12,000 miles however I am replacing all four tyres after a puncture as the tread is getting near replacement anyway and the road noise was bothering me.

The tyres do introduce a little more roll to the car due to the soft sidewalls however with my sports chassis it has probably improved the ride in favour of comfort, what isn't so great about the soft sidewalls is that they bulge quite a lot, which helped cause a puncture when the tyre sidewall became pinched against a curb, tearing the tyre and leaving me with 122 miles to drive on a space saver.

I am actually buying these tyres again, mainly because they are so cheap compared to their rivals, I wanted to try out Michelin PS3s but I can't justify paying £30 extra per tyre when I know that the GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance will give me good, quiet, grippy, fuel efficient performance that caters to my high motorway mileage requirements.
tyre reviewed on May 14, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS220D (225-45-17-W)
Very disappointed in these tyres (on the Front of Lexus IS220D), lasted less than 10,000 miles compared to previous tyres (Conti Sport 5s) which lasted over 25,000 miles...definitely softer ride but poor feedback/grip compared to the Conti's too! Just had two new conti's fitted for £94 each which I consider very good value.
tyre reviewed on May 7, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: