Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 78 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 530,195 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear EfficientGrip

73%

88%

74%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance Reviews

Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 D5 (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
These tyres are cheap and nasty.
The biggest problem is their softness which robs the car of any steering feel to the point they make the car feel it's under steering badly or the road is icy. It's ruined the handling of the car and the steering feel and high speed A roads are now a dangerous activity - really disappointed.
I deeply regret buying these and am currently in the process of getting a refund.
tyre reviewed on April 10, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-45-17-)
Don't know whether I have been unlucky but have had six new tyres and two punctures in a year, more than any other tyre in my driving life. not sure whether this is due to low profile tyres or the Goodyear compound?
tyre reviewed on April 9, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance or any other tyre.

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra G (190-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Imagine a date with a nice, cute girl who is easy-going, and makes you fell comfortable from the very first moment. And this date is getting even beter as the situation gets wet...
Okay, let's get a bit more scientific. If you're switching from a high-rolling-resistance tyre, the first thing you'll notice is how easy the car rolls on these Goodyears. Because of the hectic trips I've done on these I can't really tell how much fuel you can save, but I experienced a side effect of low rolling resistance: if you lift the throttle, the car won't slow as much as it used to, so brake wear will be higher as you have to use it more. It can be a bit annoying in town, but after you got accustomed to this, you will be able to think ahead.
And there are more good news: the grip limits are very high. You can throw the car into a corner at any reasonable (and even a bit more than reasonable) speeds whitout saying a little prayer before, and you will come out on the other end in one piece. And it applies to wet conditions too. These tyres grip like hell in rainy conditions. Considering that these are eco tyres, I believe miracles have happened when they designed them.
Other reviewers mentioned how comfortable these tyres are, and I strongly agree with them. The soft sidewalls do the trick well and make the ride very smooth which is useful if there are bad roads in your country. If you really like a plush ride, put them on a Citro├źn with hydropneumatic suspension (that's something I really would like to try).
Any drawbacks? Well, since nothing is perfect, there must be something. And there is. Because of the soft structure the road feedback is gone almost completely of the already not-so-communicative Astra. I wouldn't put these on a driver's car (by which I mean nothing more than a Ford Focus in this review). They soak up pretty much everything coming from the road, which is not always bad, but most of the time I miss the lost information.
A few reviews earlier someone with the same car with same tyre size said these tyres are good in terms of progressiveness, but I disagree. I believe the Firestone F700s I had earlier are better in this area (read my review if you want to). Even the 185/65 Dunlop Winter Response 2s (my winter set, you can read my review of them too) are better. Without the feedback I can't really feel when they are gone. Luckily the grip keeps you out of trouble, but if you want to find the limits, get your reflexes ready to get everything sorted again because it won't warn you when it gets too much.
Conclusion: if you want a tyre which has low rolling resistance, grippy and comfy, look no further, this is the perfect choice. But if you aren't looking for the travelling pleasure, but the driving pleasure, forget the EfficientGrip Performance. Would I buy them again? Well, I believe they suit the car well, and Rational Me loves them, but Petrolhead Me wants to get rid of them. To make peace, I'd chose the ContiEcoContact 5, and Dunlop's SP Sport BluResponse seems to be a good option as well, but I won't throw this set away. Instead I'll try to enjoy the benefits. And no, I didn't regret buying them, so they will go with the car (if they last long enough).
tyre reviewed on April 5, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
bought these for my volkswagen golf gti i almost decided not to get them fitted because the side walls were so soft i wish i had send them back.

they have warn very well but nunbs numbs the feeling of the car. i got them on offer but i will not be trying again although they are comfortable they take the fun out of driving and sometimes in the wet have really felt like they have been letting go but i'm pretty sure it's just the side walls flexing but scares yootha time to time.

tyre reviewed on March 29, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra H CDTI (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 1,500 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 29, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Very good tyre on the comfort driving zone. Not for sport driving or cars that have a sport suspension. It will cancel the feeling of that sport car.
The noise is low on the motorway. The side wall to soft it worries me and i constantly verify the tyre pressure. It looks to soft, the car enter in balance if i push it side ways. Ok for comfort but not safe for sharp driving. Were- i don't drive to much on this summer tires because i use also winter tires.Also i rotate the tyres each season(front with rear).
tyre reviewed on March 18, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Scenic (205-55-16-V)
I reviewed these tyres after having them for about 6 six months, i said they where the best value for money tyres on the market.
Now after 15k miles all four need replacing as they are on the legal UK limit and one of them has an enormous bulge on the inner wall which i have only just noticed.
That said the grip is still out-standing wet and dry.
I would not buy again as i expect more mile out of tyres when driving a 1.6 Renault Scenic moderately.
I have now ordered 4 Verdestein Sportrac 5.
tyre reviewed on March 14, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (205-55-16-V)
These tyres have received great reviews and I understand why, as they provide a very comfortable ride and feel very secure in the wet. Having said this, different tyres suit different cars and personally I am not sure these suit my own car, a petrol engine 2005 Mazda 6. As others have said, the sidewalls are quite soft and on my car, the car leans more than before and on tightening curves, has increased understeer towards the limit. Certainly the wet weather grip is good and on one dual carriageway slip road, I find I can achieve the same speed in the wet as in the dry, before the front starts to push wide. I don't however like the fact that twice in the dry, the car has pushed wide, something it never did on the previous Bridgestones. Some tyres suit certain cars more than others and I would trade a little of wet weather handling for the pointy chuckable handling I had on my previous tyres and for that reason only probably won't buy them again.
tyre reviewed on March 3, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf tdi (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 9,000 easy going miles
Only lasted for 9k miles on the front. Had expected much longer from a non sports tyre. Any goodyear tyre i have had seem to have a very soft tyre wall and makes the car handling very boaty. Disapointed and wont buy again.
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: