Goodyear EfficientGrip

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 66 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 725,610 miles driven.

Goodyear EfficientGrip

73%

75%

54%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10 spirited miles
Have owned these tyres for 6 months. I have to say the reviews criticising this tyre amaze me. These tyres are great to drive on and wet grip is excellent. They are much quieter than any other tyre I've owned too. Wear is good too, still plenty left after 10k. Recommended and will buy again.
tyre reviewed on June 8, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa Sxi (175-55-14-T)
these tyres are very very good and will deffinatly be having anouther set put on the back! they are the best i have felt through water and does not pull one little bit. also the grip is very good on then and bless my little 1.2 struggle to spin then enless its thrashed unlike the old avons. even when wet it spins but not for long at all. these are very good and would reoment=d to everyone and i also like the design of the sidewalls too. aswell i do quite a few motorway miles and they are much more quiet too.
tyre reviewed on May 24, 2013
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip or any other tyre.

Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (205-60-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 19,000 average miles
I bought these tyres are believing the ads i saw on billboards.

one thing i will learn from this experience is that do not believe whatever advertisers are saying.

These tyres. are noisy. definitely noisier than the Michelin PS3.

These tyres has poor grip. poorer than those budget Nexxen ones. Cant remember which range.

if these tyres are sold as budget entry level tyres, i think i will give it a 6.5/10. But in my country, it is sold as premium.
tyre reviewed on May 20, 2013
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 13,000 easy going miles
I had these tyres to replace a pair of Dunlop SP SportMaxx RT's on the front of my MK4 Mondeo. The Dunlops lasted 27,000miles!
Ever since I had them fitted I had vibrations through the steering. After having the tyres checked and balenced time and time again I spent quite a bit of money trying to find a fault with my suspension.
After just 13k the tyres were dead and needed replacing, I found this not only unbelievable but also completley unacceptable!
Just had two ConiSportContact 3's fitted and happy to say that all the vibrations have dissapeered and it's a like a new car to drive.
I would avoid the EfficientGrips at all costs.
I found them very poor in the wet.
I never felt confident to push my car with them fitted, there was absolutley no feel to the steering what so ever.
tyre reviewed on May 6, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (205-50-15-)
I was looking to replace the Dunlop SP 07 tyres that had become very noisy on my car. Read various reports, including reviews on this site before having four new tyres fitted. These Goodyears are very quiet, I am pleased to say. Wet and dry grip is very good. As far as the 'jellylike' feeling that some have reported, I can only say that these tyres are not quite as sharp when cornering as tne Dunlops fitted previously, but they do grip well and are a very comfortable ride. To those who want a tyre for a high performance style of driving, these may not be your first choice. For the majority of drivers who value a quiet tyre with good grip, these are the ones to choose. I have not yet covered enough miles to truthfully comment on their durability.
tyre reviewed on April 19, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 19,000 easy going miles
Noisy tyre.

poor wet grip.

dry grip is decent.

lasts pretty long
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (215-50-17-W)
Third review having renewed the front ones at 2.5mm. Completed approx' 2000 miles and cannot fault these tyres on my car and my style of driving. They have never shown any sign of "letting go" either in the wet or dry and this "Jelly" feeling described by others is just not there. Maybe as I said before it is because I have to have the XL version. Try as I may I cannot see where all this negative stuff about these tyres comes from.
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2013
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X1 2.0 Xdrive (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres came fitted new to my BMW X 1 4x4 and seem to have wasted the extra cost of the 4x4 system. In the recent snow these tyres have resulted in having less grip than many 2 wheel drive cars. I would say that they verge on dangerous and have seen the car sledge at speed on snow downhill completely out of control. Dry weather grip is good and they are quiet, but really if the are poor in slippery conditions it negates all safety benefits. I cannot wait to get them off the car.
tyre reviewed on March 24, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 60,000 easy going miles
These tyres are fitted on my Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI and they are brilliant.
They run dramatically quieter at higher speeds >60mph than my previous tyres, and they have been no trouble at all in the snow and rain. I have yet to have any negative press for these.
tyre reviewed on March 23, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan almera 1.5 (225-45-17-)
Brought these to replace the Runway Enduro's that I was given by a friend, so far I'm pleased with them. Dry grip is good and wet grip is average to good. I've noticed the difference since buying these compared to the cheap budget Runway tyres. I'm using less fuel now and road noise is considerably quieter.

After reading a few reviews I was unsure whether I should buy the efficient grips has allot have given bad reviews on here. However, a friend recommended them has she has them on her car and has done 30K+ miles and still has around 10k+ more miles left on them.

After buying them though, I disagree with a lot of people here. The old saying "you get what you pay for" rings true. If you plan on driving to the limit in your car, then spend the extra buying tyre's that fit your driving style. I'm more of a laid back driver so these suit my style of driving.

At £78 per tyre fitted for the 205/60R15 95H XL's I'm happy with them and would recommend them to the average driver.
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: