Goodyear EfficientGrip

Goodyear EfficientGrip Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 sw 1.6 hdi (225/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
Good and reliable tires, they did performed very well with almost 5* regarding comfort and low noise, but, it did noticeable lost grip, in narrow curves, wet and dry, after 20000 miles, even with lot of tread remaining.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2018
Dacia stepway (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 11 average miles
I live in the Vendée, France, and August? I wrote a review of the Good Year Efficient Grip tyre so this is an update.
Also I am a Brit wrinkly of 74 yrs.

Tyre depth, 5.5 front, 6.5 rear.

So, température 8 degs, road WET-WET6-WET!
Roundabout on main road, nought about, Dacia Stepway Tce 90. Floored it going into the roundabout, bit of slip from wheels.
Exit, nearside wheel slipped a bit then then gripped.
Dacia went the direction I wanted, no slide. Mind you, Top Gear France used the Dacia Sanderro for 'fasted lap', never lost it.
I had to severely provoke the tyres to slip, but nought wrong.

Next test, dual carriageway, downhill with a bend and drop down of gracient. Damp road.
I had a Renault Modus before the Dacia, Matador tyres, not nice on this bit.
Good Year tyres, OK, was a bit concerned on that bend but no problems.

Wife was not amused!

1 - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Dacia stepway (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I live in the Vendee, France.
In summer the tyres give a nice ride on all roads, but in winter on country roads (very rough) not so good.
They have never given a problem driving in all conditions. Exception, wet cow dung, etc, they slip then.
Wear, well I have calculated about 24,000 kms on front tyres.
Dacia Stepway Tce 90 can be lively in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear (ECO off).
Mind you I am 74 yrs so do not push the car like a youngster, always make sure the passenger (wife) does not rock/roll in her seat!!!
All in all, the tyres have never given me any problems.
Swerve ability is good, done that a few times.

0 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2017
Ford (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,500 average miles
Had the tyres on now for about 18 months, there literally is no better tyre available for the price, absolutely sure handling, and in the wet they are simply fantastic like you're driving on dry roads, I have read some reviews on here saying they're dangerous, well something must actually be wrong with the people's vehicles as these tyres are on my car all round and my partners car too, and just perfect, I will not buy any different brand of tyre ever again, improved my mpg too, before these I had uniroyal rears and cheapo unbranded on the front, never again as they were scary in the wet! These are brilliant tyres!
1 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2017
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 D2 4.2 quattro (235/55 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 60,000 average miles
A comfortable ride slightly noisy on some surfaces. Excellent grip both wet and dry. Covered 60K on last set of Goodyear tyres. Certainly recommend these tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2017
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 28,000 easy going miles
This is the second time I've owned a Mondeo with Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres...as fitted from new. My experience has been almost identical. The front tyres wore almost catastrophically on the inside shoulders and were replaced at around 28000 miles. The rear tyres lasted very well but after about 25000 miles (and around half worn, they became increasingly noisy with a rhythmic noise at 20-30 mph. The road noise is so loud that eventually I changed the rear tyres with 4mm of tread remaining. According to Goodyear this is caused by uneven wear because of how the tyres are presented to the road. There are lots of similar reports on the internet. Can't understand why Ford persist with these tyres. I certainly won't buy Goodyear again
5 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2017
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (225/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Generally disappointed by wet road handling (they are really dangerous!!) and wear/tear issue. I had to point that 2 tyres was installed in front and they had in total +3 grades to internal side tracking issue and outer side was actually destroyed very quickly on both tires. Despite existing mentioned wheel alignment issue I expect them to be in a much better condition. On a wet road they are just dangerous I have no idea how these tyres had passed QA tests - I think they just should be banned from roads.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2017
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz B180Cdi (205/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Have a problem with directional stability on wet route.
11 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2017
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (185/55 R15 H) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
Worst tyres I ever had. The first time I had to make a full stop in a rainy day almost collided with the front car. HUGE braking distance!
Compared to the last ones (Continental Premium Contact 2) these are terrible...
Very dangerous to use the brakes on top of road crossings with these tyres!!!
6 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2017