Hankook Optimo 4S

The Hankook Optimo 4S is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 31 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 334,352 miles driven.

2016 ADAC All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 7 tyres

• Positive - Relatively low fuel consumption
  • Negative - Very weak in the wet, weak on dry roads

2014 All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Balanced, safe handling on snow covered and dry roads. Good aquaplaning performance
  • Negative - Limited grip in the wet with long braking distances and understeer. High rolling resistance

2013 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Versatile with secure handling on snowy and dry roads, good aquaplaning safety.
  • Negative - delayed steering response and driving behavior in wet conditions, long dry braking distances.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Optimo 4S
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook Optimo 4S. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Hankook Optimo 4S Review

Given 81% while driving a Chevrolet Uplander Van (225/60 R17) on mostly town for 2,400 easy going miles
I purchased these tires in October 2013. While I've only put 4200 Kms on them and mostly in snow (I am in Montreal,
Canada), I've been extremely pleased with them. As winter tires are mandatory here, I didn't want to go through the hassle of purchasing both all season and winters. The Optimo 4S is the only certified all weather tire here so I thought I'd give them a shot. So far so good. They handle extremely well in all weather conditions including deep snow and ice.
45 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2014

Latest Hankook Optimo 4S Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Optimo 4S tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Optimo 4S.

Mazda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I do not know why I have had several of these tires wear in extraordinary ways. I take my winters off and put my alloy rims and tires on and immediately have problems.i had wheel alignments, rim checks, even bought to other rims and still they wear mostly on the one edge, can be in board or out. Can only figure they are bad quality tires. Never had this issue with other tires in 50 years
0 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 34,500 spirited miles
Absolutely brilliant tyre! Have them on a Peugeot 308 hdi & over 34000 miles on them so have ordered another set to be fitted! The only thing is when new they sound a bit grippy ?
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 90% while driving a Toyota Corolla (185/65 R15 T) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I live in BC, Canada...and I only used all seasons tyres ever since, but this time of winter I decided to have all weather tyres on my 2003 Toyota Corolla, driving my daughters everyday to school on an uphill and downhill snowy and icy roads...The Hankook Optimo 4S 185/65R15 gave me more confidence and safe driving. The tyres deliver and I'm satisfied, went back at Canadian Tires to buy another 4 sets of tires for Honda Odessey but their is no size available 235/65R17 hopefully Hankook Tires Co. will make one?
7 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Pontiac trans am ws6 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10 average miles
Replaced OEM Hankook on GM with 4S. Was hesitant at first with 4 seasons due to wear ability. So far the response on ice and snow has been impressive/ Will have to see hoe long the last. Drive 200k daily on highway.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2016
Given 91% while driving a CitroŽn xsara picasso (185/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Great tyres, selected because I drive all year round and must get to work, even in winter. I also drive to the Alps in both summer and winter. No problems at all with handling, comfort or noise, good in dry and very good in standing water and wet. As for Snow- excellent in deep snow, ice, as in ski lift car parks. Never needed , or felt the need for chains. Max depth of snow 20cm . And this is with tyres with 11000 miles on them. - Also great value.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2016