Hankook Optimo 4S

Show all: Hankook tyres, Passenger Car All Season High Performance tyres
The Hankook Optimo 4S is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 162,342 miles driven.

Hankook Optimo 4S

88%

92%

Tyre Test Results:

Hankook Optimo 4S Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Uplander Van (225-60-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 2,400 easy going miles
I purchased these tires in October 2013. While I've only put 4200 Kms on them and mostly in snow (I am in Montreal,
Canada), I've been extremely pleased with them. As winter tires are mandatory here, I didn't want to go through the hassle of purchasing both all season and winters. The Optimo 4S is the only certified all weather tire here so I thought I'd give them a shot. So far so good. They handle extremely well in all weather conditions including deep snow and ice.
tyre reviewed on April 20, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215-55-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Could this be the only tyre we should buy? I think so! After driving on a wide range of tyres over the years I can say with confidence the Hankook Optimo 4S is the best tyre I have ever had.
Still need to try it in the snow and if it performs as well as it does in the heavy rain we've had I will be very happy.
It is quiet - comfortable and stable It has changed the feel of my car dramatically I no longer want to sell my car...
If we get some snow I will update this review but for now put this tyre on your wish list you won't be disappointed.
tyre reviewed on February 19, 2014
Looking to buy the Hankook Optimo 4S? Click here to search for the best price for the Hankook Optimo 4S or any other tyre.

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (195-65-15-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
Bought these to replace the OE Michelin Energy Savers. The Hankooks use the same fuel, ride fine and are no noisier. No braking or handling issues in the dry or wet (or very wet). But on snow and ice they are just as good as Winter tyres I had on the previous car. Rears have hardly worn at all, the fronts by 2 mm after a lot of summer motorway miles. And they were a very reasonable price, certainly alot cheaper then the Michelins. I can't see a down side to these. So much so I now have these on our other car too.
tyre reviewed on November 20, 2013
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Toledo (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
I've just brought a pair of GoodYears and the're FANTASTIC:

- low noise
- excellent grip
- outstanding quality
- great confort

Do I have to say more???
tyre reviewed on September 30, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Toledo (225-45-17-)
They came with my Seat Toledo car.
They were ok (mixed seasons), BUT I've decided ti take a step further and I've just brought a pair of GoodYears for summer.
They weared and at the end the cars was a little bit noisy.
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2013
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI (205-60-16-V)
Living in north Wales with a very varied weather system with lots of rain, mud on roads and snow, a & b rds combined with lanes. The combined with cost and storage space I cannot really justify a set of summer wheels and a set of winter wheels and tyres. These new type of 4 season all year round tyres seemed ideal for me in the area I live and drive so I gave them a try, from my experience I can tell you that I'm totally of the opinion that these type of tyre should be fitted as standard to all normal everyday road cars! Fantastic tyre, improved fuel economy from Dunlop response tyres fitted previous & also quieter. Rain- fantastic, doesn't aquaplaned and gives much more feel on wet roads. Now the crucial bit- snow, well on my way home from work late in the depths of winter when large amounts of snow fell in north Wales I decided to really test them............ I took a detour through Snowdonia and was passing 4x4's which were stuck due to being on rubbish tyres and laughing at them! The only time I lost grip was in a 2 foot of snow over the Denbigh moors where I had to admit defeat, believe me the snow was half way up the doors and piled up the front bumper like I was ploughing!! The tyres didn't fail just the ground clearance of the car got beached in deep snow so I had to reverse back down. Braking in snow is fantastic, pulls up straight and in half the distance than on summer tyres in snow. So in snow they are bloody fantastic and more than adequate for the british winter, the combination of these tyres a heavy high torque diesel front wheel drive car is very good in the winter and you don't need a 4x4, even a 4x4 with the wrong tyres on it in snow is useless. An octavia 4x4 tdi with these fitted must be amazing!! These types of tyres are the way forward for motoring in the uk for the country not to stop dead to gridlock with a sprinkle of the snow. They are not a sporty tyre for really pushing on with but I see no real lack of grip compared to the Dunlop summer tyres that were fitted before and the 4 season tyres are not designed as a track day tyre anyway, they are designed as a good, practical all year round everyday normal tyre to which they excel at.
I have currently done 16000 mixed road driving with mixed driving style and have just swapped them front to rear as the rears were like new and the fronts were around 3/4 worn, I see no reason why they won't do approx 22000 before needing changing.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan almera 1.5 (195-55-16-)
As I could not justify buying 4 winter tyres and set of 4 steel rims, I thought I would try 2 of these on the front (Almera is front wheel drive)
They are a very good compromise and much better in snow than normal summer tyres; but as the rears do not have the grip of the Otimo’ the car can oversteer in snow! time for a dab of oppo lock.

I might buy another 2 and run the car all year on them and just accept the cost.

In the UK only having full winter tyres on the front can invalidate your insurance, but my insurance company is OK with the 2 Optimo’ as they do not class them as winter tyres.
tyre reviewed on January 23, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (175-65-14-)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
I bought them in Calgary last November and kept them on all year. i have gone about 12000 kms on them. They handle very well in the snow/ice in calgary, a real challenge. I am now on vancouver island and they seem to do well also in the rainy season. Will replace them with 4S again.
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2012
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan SE 2.0TDi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Not done many miles yet but in terms of noise and comfort these tyres are so much better than the Michelin Primacy HP they replaced. The Michelins lasted 32,000 largely motorway miles but they were hard/noisy and I was pleased to trade (no doubt) this sort of mileage for some comfort and grip. These are a Premium tyre fitted by a mobile retailer so I got what I was after, not what the the local retailer had on the rack. I did do a lot of research.There is a given rotation but the tread is not asymmetric. Predictably there is no sign of wear, most of the mileage being north/south, M6 or M1. Will post again, don't hold your breath, its a second car so mileage builds slowly.
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2012
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 e HDI (165-65-16-V)
Put on front wheels last winter after dreadful experience with Michelin Energy Savers the previous year. They worked well in the snow and performed well in the wet and dry so kept on during summer. No fall off in mpg, good tyre, would buy again.
tyre reviewed on October 22, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: