Hankook Ventus Prime2

Progressiveness 68%
Hankook Ventus Prime2

The Hankook Ventus Prime2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Tyre review data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 339,024 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime2

2016-04-15 - Please could you give me rough estimate on how many miles I should be fit to get out of front tyres on 2016 Hyundai tuscon 2016 ? , best regards

Tyre mileage is extremely variable based on driving style, conditions and load. Looking at the reviews, if you have an average driving style, the Hankook Prime 2 should see around 20,000 miles on the front.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime2 Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 12 average miles
have these in XL format on the front of an ageing Volvo V70 auto, maybe it's the XL variant making the difference but they have been fantastic... quiet, sure footed and lasted over 12k on a car that normally requires new tyres after about 7-8k..... they have done a mixture of dual / motorway and very wet Welsh country roads and are about to be replaced with 2.5-3mm left on them..... and just because it's a Volvo I do not drive like the pipe and trilby brigade
couple of things that may contribute towards my success with them, as said previous, XL variant used, which for some reason carries a double B rating whereas the 91s are higher... car is always fully geo-tracked on a hunter machine, wheels also balanced on Hunter equipment and tyres nitrogen filled, that said have used other tyres with lesser results.....
they seem well suited to my vehicle and that could also be part of the success, have had some tyres which were great on one car and awful on another
4 | - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR TDi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Satisfactory. Got this set as I had to replace a whole set for a used hot hatch I bought. Light fast hatchback cars are not very well insulated so the tyre noise gets through. These tyres are loud.

Performance is good and I recommend these on more heavier well insulated cars (Volvo, BMW or Merc). I will be buying a little more expensive but very quiet set of Vredersteins for my car next time. But looking at the way this set is wearing its going to be a long way away.

2 | - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 2008 1.6 (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These are replacing two terrible Sunitrac tyres that scared the living day lights out of me 18 months. Great grip, but best of all there was vibration in my steering wheel that the terrible Sunitrc made worse, and the previous Bridgestone Turannza ER 300 couldn't remove - it's gone now. Not sure about any improvement on fuel efficiency but this is a brilliant tyre to drive on. I have 75k miles on the clock and the car feels like new with these.
1 | - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2014

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime2 Reviews

Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON ST 1.6TDi SE DSG (215/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 22,000 average miles
These tyres came as OE fitment to the car. They have been disappointingly noisy right from the start, with noticeable tyre noise even at low speeds (30mph up), particularly bad on concrete motorways. The grip drops off markedly in the rain, with the increased braking distances noticeable at all speeds. There is also a marked increase in fuel consumption in the wet, suggesting the tyres are pushing a lot of water rather than dispersing it. Wear has been good, with 2-3mm left on the fronts at 22K miles of mainly A and B road driving in the Welsh hills.
I won't be buying these as replacements, looking for something better in the wet and quieter.
1 | - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I've done 12K miles at the front end of Peugeot 3008 and still going strong! Great in dry and wet. Tyre wear is great I've done about 12K on heavy front Peugeot 3008 and still has a lot of meat. I've had Michelin Primacy 3 and Bridgestone turanza and the Hankook is the best tyre for the job!
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Hankook Tyres / Car / Hankook K115 Ventus Prime 2 Hankook K 115 - 225/45 R17 94W XL TL
is the acutal tyres I have been buying for my Volvo S60 2.4 D5, I am now on my 6th pair, I average 20,000 miles per tyre change, I do buy them on line for £56.00+ & postage, plus fitting at my local garage, as I have three cars in the family. Hence to save money where I can, but not on performance.

I am very happy with the performance of these tyres, I don't hang around on my journey sometimes, and they do hold the road well. the only time they start to follow the ruts and markings are when the tread is getting close to the limits
1 | - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2016
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Very hard tyre - would not buy again. Feed back is vague - almost like there is no grip (which there is but trust is a big issue). I expect them to wear well. I have tested many tyres over the years over many thousands of miles - I just cannot feel comfortable with these
-2 | - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 average miles
Good tyres, bought to replace Falkern tyres which were not bad but did not last as long as these. Now looking to change front tyres and looking at Batum 3hm tyres based on reviews and price.
1 | - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2015