Hankook Ventus Prime2

Progressiveness 68%
Hankook Ventus Prime2

The Hankook Ventus Prime2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Tyre review data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 339,024 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Autoreview Touring Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - Best aquaplaning result, strong grip on dry and wet roads
  • Negative - A little unstable during the wet handling tests

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 2nd of 50 tyres

2014 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 3rd of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good wet grip, good handling in the dry, low noise
  • Negative - Average wet grip, comfort
  • Overall - This year, the Hankook OE approved for much of the Mercedes S-Class, and we can see why! The Hankook Ventus Prime2 provide excellent traction on wet roads and confidently resist aquaplaning. On a wet track the car's behavior is rather darty - somewhat reminiscent of driving on tyres Pirelli, but they both allow you to go fast. And on dry pavement - quickly and enjoyably. Reaction to steering clear and accurate even at a speed of 150 km / h, and for the comfort of the tyres, Hankook has the same evaluations as Pirelli. Nois is the same, and the difference is that the Hankook slightly stiffer respond to small irregularities, but slightly softer for larger bumps. Are you still wondering about the Korean origin tyres? Not us. At least for summer tyres, Hankook can be put on the premium cars. The winter models are still lagging behind, for now...
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime2

2016-04-15 - Please could you give me rough estimate on how many miles I should be fit to get out of front tyres on 2016 Hyundai tuscon 2016 ? , best regards

Tyre mileage is extremely variable based on driving style, conditions and load. Looking at the reviews, if you have an average driving style, the Hankook Prime 2 should see around 20,000 miles on the front.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime2 Review

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 12 average miles
have these in XL format on the front of an ageing Volvo V70 auto, maybe it's the XL variant making the difference but they have been fantastic... quiet, sure footed and lasted over 12k on a car that normally requires new tyres after about 7-8k..... they have done a mixture of dual / motorway and very wet Welsh country roads and are about to be replaced with 2.5-3mm left on them..... and just because it's a Volvo I do not drive like the pipe and trilby brigade
couple of things that may contribute towards my success with them, as said previous, XL variant used, which for some reason carries a double B rating whereas the 91s are higher... car is always fully geo-tracked on a hunter machine, wheels also balanced on Hunter equipment and tyres nitrogen filled, that said have used other tyres with lesser results.....
they seem well suited to my vehicle and that could also be part of the success, have had some tyres which were great on one car and awful on another
4 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2015

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime2 Reviews

Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON ST 1.6TDi SE DSG (215/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 22,000 average miles
These tyres came as OE fitment to the car. They have been disappointingly noisy right from the start, with noticeable tyre noise even at low speeds (30mph up), particularly bad on concrete motorways. The grip drops off markedly in the rain, with the increased braking distances noticeable at all speeds. There is also a marked increase in fuel consumption in the wet, suggesting the tyres are pushing a lot of water rather than dispersing it. Wear has been good, with 2-3mm left on the fronts at 22K miles of mainly A and B road driving in the Welsh hills.
I won't be buying these as replacements, looking for something better in the wet and quieter.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I've done 12K miles at the front end of Peugeot 3008 and still going strong! Great in dry and wet. Tyre wear is great I've done about 12K on heavy front Peugeot 3008 and still has a lot of meat. I've had Michelin Primacy 3 and Bridgestone turanza and the Hankook is the best tyre for the job!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Hankook Tyres / Car / Hankook K115 Ventus Prime 2 Hankook K 115 - 225/45 R17 94W XL TL
is the acutal tyres I have been buying for my Volvo S60 2.4 D5, I am now on my 6th pair, I average 20,000 miles per tyre change, I do buy them on line for £56.00+ & postage, plus fitting at my local garage, as I have three cars in the family. Hence to save money where I can, but not on performance.

I am very happy with the performance of these tyres, I don't hang around on my journey sometimes, and they do hold the road well. the only time they start to follow the ruts and markings are when the tread is getting close to the limits
1 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2016
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Very hard tyre - would not buy again. Feed back is vague - almost like there is no grip (which there is but trust is a big issue). I expect them to wear well. I have tested many tyres over the years over many thousands of miles - I just cannot feel comfortable with these
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 average miles
Good tyres, bought to replace Falkern tyres which were not bad but did not last as long as these. Now looking to change front tyres and looking at Batum 3hm tyres based on reviews and price.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2015