Hankook Ventus Prime2

Hankook Ventus Prime2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
CAN NOT WAIT FOR THESE TYRES TO WEAR OUT THIS IS THE THIRD HYUNDAI I HAVE HAD ALL WITH HANKOOK TYRES ON MUST BE OWNED BY HYUNDAI HAS THEY ARE THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER HAD
0 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2017
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 2.0 D (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Solid tire without any sporty intentions, no shine no big issues, tire for normal straight driving limousins. Can’t compare with previous Sport Contact 5, cause this is touring tire, unlike Conti is UHP. The biggest different is from the road feedback where Conti was top. Tire is comfortable, no special noise. I took Hankook because of the price and comparing quality among similar price level. But, definitely i am driver for UHP and Continental is in my top. Now, for BMW 3 no touring tires.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2017
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2TSI 77KW(stage 1 to 100KW) (155/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 1,100 average miles
bought tyres on fitters recommendation not disappointed a good mid range tyre. There wearing well
0 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2017
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (225/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
These tyres came as OE fitment to the car; My 2012 Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Elite came with Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115 205/55 R16 91 H tyres (EAN: 8808563330099). Its factory default values are Class E for fuel efficiency and Class A for wet grip and 69 dB external rolling noise according to official company website. I had almost 80.000 kms (ie. 50.000 miles) with the very same tires. The wear is extremely low, I had been told that I could use them for another 15.000 kms (~9.000 miles) due to authorized service. Of course the wear is closely related to driving style and the road conditions. But, I could assure you the tyres even stand for the harsh road conditions in Turkey and my aggressive driving style with lots of immediate brakes and fast pace changes. Anyway, I am far from glad about the wear condition of this tire comparing it to the ones I used so far. However, on the contrary; the comfort, the road feedback and the overall feeling of the tires are far from average, making it one of the worst I could ever experience. They are noisy, cannot respond well on almost all surfaces except dry and paved roads. They are especially useless on wet grip and winter conditions where any amount of snow cause serious trouble. I will not prefer to buy these tires although they are cheap and endurable. I will definitely opt for buying a more secure and comfortable one rather than this. But this one is still an economical choice for those using it mainly on paved roads and dry conditions.

4 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2017
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Had these tyres on the front for only 11 months and around 8000 miles and they're almost down to the wear blocks. The S60 is a heavy, powerful car and known for getting though tyres but expected Hankooks to last a bit longer @ £75 each. The grip and feel have been great, much better than the cheapies I bought the car with, but have become progressively noisy and seem to reverberate every bump and pothole back into the cabin now. I'm waiting for some Michelin Primacy 3's to put on the front, more expensive but I value grip over wear.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester (245/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 21,500 spirited miles
An exceptional tyre - have manged 21k miles on a set fitted to a Subaru Forester (rotated at 12k). Stunning wear rate, excellent limit handling slight drop in fuel mileage - but I don't drive for economy anyway.

You will struggle to find a better set of boots
3 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2016
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very disappointed with these tyres. Feedback low and nosie too high. They are also wearing far too fast. Winter has set in, and I have no confidence in these whatsoever. Even though there is still a bit of tread - I will be ditching these and spending the rest of the night checking out other tyre reviews!
1 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2016