Hankook Ventus Prime2

Hankook Ventus Prime2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (225/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
These tyres came as OE fitment to the car; My 2012 Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Elite came with Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115 205/55 R16 91 H tyres (EAN: 8808563330099). Its factory default values are Class E for fuel efficiency and Class A for wet grip and 69 dB external rolling noise according to official company website. I had almost 80.000 kms (ie. 50.000 miles) with the very same tires. The wear is extremely low, I had been told that I could use them for another 15.000 kms (~9.000 miles) due to authorized service. Of course the wear is closely related to driving style and the road conditions. But, I could assure you the tyres even stand for the harsh road conditions in Turkey and my aggressive driving style with lots of immediate brakes and fast pace changes. Anyway, I am far from glad about the wear condition of this tire comparing it to the ones I used so far. However, on the contrary; the comfort, the road feedback and the overall feeling of the tires are far from average, making it one of the worst I could ever experience. They are noisy, cannot respond well on almost all surfaces except dry and paved roads. They are especially useless on wet grip and winter conditions where any amount of snow cause serious trouble. I will not prefer to buy these tires although they are cheap and endurable. I will definitely opt for buying a more secure and comfortable one rather than this. But this one is still an economical choice for those using it mainly on paved roads and dry conditions.

2 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2017
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Had these tyres on the front for only 11 months and around 8000 miles and they're almost down to the wear blocks. The S60 is a heavy, powerful car and known for getting though tyres but expected Hankooks to last a bit longer @ £75 each. The grip and feel have been great, much better than the cheapies I bought the car with, but have become progressively noisy and seem to reverberate every bump and pothole back into the cabin now. I'm waiting for some Michelin Primacy 3's to put on the front, more expensive but I value grip over wear.
6 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester (245/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 21,500 spirited miles
An exceptional tyre - have manged 21k miles on a set fitted to a Subaru Forester (rotated at 12k). Stunning wear rate, excellent limit handling slight drop in fuel mileage - but I don't drive for economy anyway.

You will struggle to find a better set of boots
3 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2016
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very disappointed with these tyres. Feedback low and nosie too high. They are also wearing far too fast. Winter has set in, and I have no confidence in these whatsoever. Even though there is still a bit of tread - I will be ditching these and spending the rest of the night checking out other tyre reviews!
1 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2016
Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON ST 1.6TDi SE DSG (215/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 22,000 average miles
These tyres came as OE fitment to the car. They have been disappointingly noisy right from the start, with noticeable tyre noise even at low speeds (30mph up), particularly bad on concrete motorways. The grip drops off markedly in the rain, with the increased braking distances noticeable at all speeds. There is also a marked increase in fuel consumption in the wet, suggesting the tyres are pushing a lot of water rather than dispersing it. Wear has been good, with 2-3mm left on the fronts at 22K miles of mainly A and B road driving in the Welsh hills.
I won't be buying these as replacements, looking for something better in the wet and quieter.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I've done 12K miles at the front end of Peugeot 3008 and still going strong! Great in dry and wet. Tyre wear is great I've done about 12K on heavy front Peugeot 3008 and still has a lot of meat. I've had Michelin Primacy 3 and Bridgestone turanza and the Hankook is the best tyre for the job!
1 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Hankook Tyres / Car / Hankook K115 Ventus Prime 2 Hankook K 115 - 225/45 R17 94W XL TL
is the acutal tyres I have been buying for my Volvo S60 2.4 D5, I am now on my 6th pair, I average 20,000 miles per tyre change, I do buy them on line for £56.00+ & postage, plus fitting at my local garage, as I have three cars in the family. Hence to save money where I can, but not on performance.

I am very happy with the performance of these tyres, I don't hang around on my journey sometimes, and they do hold the road well. the only time they start to follow the ruts and markings are when the tread is getting close to the limits
4 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2016