Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212

Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212

The Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212 is a Extreme Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 79,524 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212
195/60 R14 00
215/45 R17 91Y
235/45 R17 94Y
265/35 R18 00
235/40 R18 91Y
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus RS2 Z212.

Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon 2007 2.0 150 hp (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Great tyre for the price.awesome grip on dry roads, very noisy tyre. They wear out real quick, below average on wet road. One of the best tyres for dry but they are not good on wet roads. Good price, very responsive.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 24 spirited miles
I'm back for the final review on the Z212, as they are nearing the end of their useful life.

Great, great tyres. Good for either spirited use on B-Roads and trackdays. Just watch the pressure and you'll have a blast with them. Their limit is found much easier than the standard semis one might use on track, but even on limit they are progressive and let you play a lot. I would prefer them to overheat a bit later though. Generally, they are more sensitive to overheating and external temperature than I would prefer. But again, the pressure is the key.

Braking is awesome. Same is the feedback you get.

I wouldn't recommend them just for commuting, their sidewall is stiff. Road noise isn't that bad though.

On wet conditions they are OK, although now that are worn aquaplaning can be an issue.

After 24,854.24 miles the front ones are worn out so, I substituted them with the back ones. Hopefully, they'll last a couple of months so I'll change all of them together.

Too bad I can't find them in this size any more.

0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2013
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT ibiza 2.0 8v (MEXICO) (225/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 9,000 spirited miles
very good tires. i live in mexico, cuernavaca to be precise. overall temperature 30 degrees celcius. perfect tires for this weather. excelent dry grip. wet grip is average i could say that 40% less grip in the wet than in the dry. a little bit noisy. very hard sidewalls. in irregular asphalt are very unconfortable. they wear very fast, but i have to say that i drive very fast all the time on high speed roads maybe thats why i im finishing them un very fast. i love how they look.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2013
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Great tyre.

It has a great compromise between grip and wear. I prefer them over similar options like Toyo R1R (less duration and more intended to light cars, mine is 1350 kg).

In wet they are pretty bad, but nothing to do with almost dangerous tyres like Pilot Sport Cup or R888 (idd, you have to be careful just when it's actually raining).

Pretty stiff sidewall, much better feeling than my previous Goodyear Asy F1.

It takes some time to them to get the right temperature, but living here (Granada, AndalucĂ­a, Spain) is not a problem -at least in Spring, Summer and the beginning of the Autumn-.

One of the best value for money tyres I've ever tried. Only problem is they're hard to find in Europe (just Camskills afaik) and we still can't buy RS3s -if I don't buy those, I will repeat with RS2s-.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2011
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki (205/45 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I got these to use as a combined track/road tire in order to replace the TOYO T1-Rs (on the road, size 205/45-16 on my everyday 16x7 wheels) and TOYO R888s (on track, size 195/50-15 on 15x6.5 wheels), because I got bored of wheel changes plus I tend to seek the pleasure of cornering pretty often on mountainous roads.

After a Track Day with these and many good milleage on B-Roads I can definately say that they are really a bargain. They handle a bit worse than the R888 on the dry (either on track or on road) but they reach optimum temperature faster without overheating (unlike T1-R), although they can handle pretty good even if cold. Braking is equally strong with the R888 and what I really like is the progressiveness they provide. Also, they are quite quiet on the highway (much unlike the R888; a bit more noisy than the T1-R), but the stiff sidewalls remind you that this is a sporty tire on every bump on the road (much unlike the T1-R, pretty much like R888). Performance on the wet is astonishingly good, I expected much more hydroplanning, but they are not to be trusted at high speeds.

Till now they have aprox. 6000 miles under their belt and wear till now is minimal to my delight.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2011