Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These tyres came on the car when I got it but had only just been put on. I've had a few months with the car and tyres and can happily say that they do a brilliant job! They aren't the best tyres in the world as when it is damp I can spin the tyres going from 2nd to 3rd at 55mph which can be a bit scary but these tyres aren't meant to be drag slicks so I can forgive them for that. What they excel at is cornering! They hold the road so damn well even in the wet, for me, it's mind bending... If you live in the countryside then you will LOVE these tyres. The road noise isn't bad by any means and the comfort is actually decent! I have had no discomfort with these tyres and they have been really good for long journeys. The only thing bad about them is the tramlining, they follow every curve in the road which is good when you're alert all the time but not great if you just want to have a relaxing cruise about
3 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2018
BMW 120d M sport (215/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Before I rant, apologies, this is a bit of a premature review, but it is a review of sorts none the less.
I bought these tyres today and can only say I am already disappointed in them and they are not even on the car yet! When I do eventually get them on the car however (when I swap them with the winters I have on at the moment), I am going to have to park V carefully, due to the fact that on this premium grade, run flat, more likely than not to be wrapped around some expensive alloy due to the 18 inch diameter tyre, I find that these tyres have no rim protection edge whatsoever. The rim edge is almost dead flush with the edge of the tyre. I am a fairly careful driver and won't be mounting the kerb to park, but when it comes to replacing these in however long it takes me to get to that time, regardless of how well they perform, I can pretty much guarantee I will now have to factor in the cost of a wheel refurb as well as new tyres. So in short, although I may have saved myself £20 in purchasing these tyres, over the next more expensive tyre, in the long run its going to cost me more.
Hope you have found this review of use, I wish I had read one similar before buying as I would have gone for the next tyre up!!
Yours, Mr already fed up.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2018
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON ST 1.6TDi SE DSG (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 36,000 easy going miles
They came fitted on my SEAT LEONwhich I bought on 10/2015. I have been using them ever since, after 60000km front ones are almost at the wearing limit, they started squeaking while parking at ~25.000 miles. Rear ones are still ok, so I´m going to switch them to the front wheels.
They have a stunning performance on wet conditions and the dry grip is ok. After 20000 miles they started to lose some grip on starting to move on certain conditions (mostly trying to get on a roundabout) and the ESP had to take control for a second.
They have behaved well, and although I´m considering to try another brand, these are good tyres.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335i (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Really like them, took the car from the UK to the Nurburgring at high speed, did a couple laps and the car never felt like it was going to let go at speeds in corners I'd never do on a public road, and came back with the cruise set to 130mph on the autobhan

Car handles great even after chipping it to 350BHP and the tyres seem to be able to cope well except when too much throttle is used, but reckon most other tyre brands would give up as well
9 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2018
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDi (235/55 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Fitted as standard to my 2017 Kodiaq 140kw TDi and they are superb. Yes a summer tyre but I took them to the mountains and they coped fine with compacted snow / ice without chains. They are very quiet, no perceptible road noise, and the dry grip in an SUV is phenomenal. Early days to adequately judge wear but so far so good. I will definitely look to replace like for like when it comes around for a change.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (275/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Superb grip vs conti5 or Sport Maxx
9 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
75 40 18 are a rip off size made so made it a mission to compare makes.

WAY better traction ie no wheel spin at junctions in normal driving like Contisport 5 which came with the car from new, or Dunlops sport maxx (where the only benefit is quietness).

4 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2017
Mercedes Benz E300 Bluetech Hybrid (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
This tires are crap it last 7000 miles driving only in city in about 3 mont , 275/30/19 i do not recommended paid almost 180£ on each one
17 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2017