Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 89% while driving a Mazda 2 SP (195/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought 2 of these last winter because I got stuck in snow the year previous. As luck would have it, I didn't experience any snow last winter. There was a lot of rain instead at, or below, 7 C. At this temperature winter tyres are supposed to grip better. My experience at this temperature, in the wet, is that these tyres are superb. They just make you much more relaxed and confident in these conditions. The guy that fitted them for me said (several times) that he really liked the tread pattern. So my driving is Monday to Friday urban - motorway - urban. Weekends, it's A roads and urban. I've just bought another 2 for this winter (2019/20). In the dry, I honestly didn't notice any difference from the all weather tyres I've used in the past. But I don't have a fast car and I don't go to the limits either.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2019
Given 76% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very good winter tyre for combined conditions, with generally wet roads.

For the price, it won't disappoint. Unless you want a sporty edge, with progressive manners near the limit, in which case I suggest trying another brand. (Goodyear Gen1, for example.)

0 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Suzuki CELERIO (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 7,500 average miles
Reliable tyres with normal roadfeeling and a good balance between comfort and stability. They have handled very well in rain, dry, snow and slush. They are remarkably resistant to aquaplaning. Was on the passing lane on highway going 110 km/h or maybe more shortly after some heavy rain and there was a section where the entire left lane was flooded. 2-3 inches of standing water for at least 50 meters and these just ploughed right through, not letting go at all. Given the tyres are fairly new, but still, I've tried aquaplaning on less water on other tyres with plenty of tread. I can hardly tell any sign of wear after 1 winter and around 12000 km. I've noticed around 10-15% increase in fuel consumption, compared to the eco summer tyres, (Bridgestone Ecopia EP150, 165/65R14 79S), but the Hankooks have a much better roadfeeling and are way more stable at highway speeds.
Would deffo buy again!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Hyundai I10 (175/65 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Winter arrived tonight and i got to see how these worked in the snow. i was stuck in a traffic queue with all the cars around be obviously struggling for grip. Being a narrow bendy lane i could not go around. When i finally neared the front of the queue (two hours to travel about a mile and a half), i saw the reason was a hill that cars were struggling to get up. Locals were out trying to push the cars up the hill. I had room to go around now, so i drove up the hill and just drove home. I even had the confidence to stop on the hill to let a tractor out (which was pulling a car). Stunning snow performance. At no point did i feel loss of grip. I even left a new range rover in my wake.
These tyres do feel spongier than my previous all seasons. but if you aren't a racer, what does it matter. Excellent in the rain. Aquaplaning seems to be non existent with these (but then my tyres are skinny also). Would i buy these again ? hands down yes !
Final thought - Winter tyres should be a legal requirement at this time of year. If they were i would have been home 2 hours earlier.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 73% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,800 average miles
This is an update of my previous review. I've added some extra miles to the tyres (around 800) in real winter conditions. They are excellent on slush as far as grip is concerned. However, snow grip is average. Worst still, ice grip is rather disappointing, but that's acceptabile for non-stud winter tyres. Overall impression is good, though I would reccommend these tyres for milder climate, where snow is not present full time over the winter season.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were not my first option as I was looking for Nokian WR D4 (which were up for delivery only by the end of November).
Dry grip on Hankook was a bit disappointing at first until they started to break-in. 1000 miles later, dry grip seems to have improved.
Wet grip has been good right from the start.
I haven't had the chance to test them on snow yet.
Noise level is a bit on the high side even at lower speed.
Overall, I am happy with the choice I've made.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 T) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
Great winter tire for a very good price. Highly recomended for small to medium vehicles. Suites for more asphalt driving than snow, but it still handles the slush and snow very well.
Definately will buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Hyundai Getz (175/65 R14) on mostly country roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Only two seasons. Excellent on snow and mud. Comfortable, changed my old Sava eximo, much better for me. Use it for commmuting.
18 - tyre reviewed on August 2, 2018