Hero Milanza HZ1

Hero Milanza HZ1 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 16% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I will never ever buy these tyres again. they are awful, pathetic handling in the wet and in the dry. will cause somebody to have an accident!!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2017
Given 16% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 JTD (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
Awful, awful, awful!!! Truly terrible tyres on all accounts. Caused massive amounts of noise and vibration. Should not be used in the wet, become dangerous when going round bends. Wear rate is good but only because the compound is so hard. Would never ever go near these and I advise others to do the same.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2017
Given 69% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
I have been driving with these tyres for the last 18 months or so on my 1976 vw golf gti. The dry grip is acceptable but could be better. The wet grip is atrocious! I have lost traction many times just easing off from the traffic lights, all the way through 4 gears. Other reviews have stated that light cars do not perform well with these tyres and I couldn't agree more. I bought mine second hand (who knows how many kms) and they are still holding up in terms of wear, which is about the only plus I can think of. They are very progressive on the limits in dry conditions which is a nice reassuring characteristic. I can't comment on road noise as I can't here a thing in my car regardless of the tyre choice. Overall, I would not use these again unless they were the only tyres I could get in my size, simply because they are too dangerous in the wet conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2015
Given 100% while driving a Ford BA GT Falcon (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Best tyres I have ever fitted to my GT Falcon at a fraction of the cost. Fantastic grip in the dry & wet & the quietest tyres I have ever had on the Falcon. I will definitely be buying these tyres again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2015
Given 47% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Golf MK6 2.0 GT TDI - Not a tyre I would usually buy, but I bought all 4 new and were assured they were a submake of a premium brand. Overall, not happy. The noise the tyres make at motorway speeds is AWFUL (like something is wrong with the wheels or bearings). So much so, that I had to get the garage to check that there was nothing wrong with any wheels (there wasn't). Definitely going back to the Pirelli's I had before.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2015
Given 10% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
I have these tires fitted to my Mazda 3 and find it to be very noisy. Sounds like faulty wheel bearings. Not happy with these tires at all.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2014
Given 81% while driving a Alfa Romeo GTV (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 15 spirited miles
I own an Alfa GTV 6. These are very demanding on their front tyres when driven hard.
I first bought a set of Milanzas for my 2 litre GTV and was impressed with the levels of grip and handling through corners, particularly in the dry.
On the 3 litre they seem even better, possibly due to the increased front end weight.
I use my car for 2 hour motorway journeys, local shopping and track days.
Tread compound on these tyres is fairly soft, giving good characteristics for their intended performance road use and also on track.
In the wet there is an 'average' loss of grip and the directional tread pattern leaves 'dry' lines on the road in most situations when new. (standing water in the M5 fast lane excepted!) Obviously with the wear rate associated with the softer tread compound the wet drainage reduces more rapidly than a harder compound would.
Noise and comfort levels seem slightly better than Toyo Proxes and Falken FK452 which I have also used on this vehicle.
This tyre suits MY car, driving style and vehicle budget plan - which is why I bought another set!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2014
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I have had these on 3 different cars.
1997 Prelude VTI-R
2001 Audi A3 full APR
2010 VW Golf GTI tuned.
These handle amazing in the dry and also good in the wet.
I have taken these up many mountain roads and track days.
No they do not handle as good as semi slicks or even high performance road tires.
However for the price to what you get ratio I will continue to buy these
0 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2014
Given 86% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 se turbo 185 bhp (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 80,000 average miles
I have Hero Milanza tyres fitted all round on my 185bhp Saab turbo convertible and they are amazing. I've done over 30,000 miles on them and there is still plenty of wear left. They grip very well in both dry and wet conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 54% while driving a SEAT Arosa (195/45 R15 V) on mostly town for 4,000 easy going miles
These were on my daughters car, she only passed last year, she's not bad but I noticed when it rained she would drive unbelievably slow, when I asked her why "the car slides everywhere" being the old experienced Dad, I said "step out and watch the ol' man show you how it's done"........ lo and behold they are absolutely shocking in the wet on a light car, I must have looked like a right old tit!! The tread pattern does give a little noise but on a decent sized and higher spec car with better sound deadening probably wouldn't be a major problem. Dry grip was pretty fair to be honest, previous owner put them on so no idea how long they've been on. Overall; not great, better than some, had worse!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013