Hifly HF805

The Hifly HF805 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 44 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 312,885 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 29th of 43 tyres

235/40 R18 95W XL   E C 71
245/35 R19 93W XL   E C 72
255/35 R20 97W XL   E C 72

Questions and Answers for the Hifly HF805

2018-03-18 - 235/40 R18 Challenger DSRT`s on a 2008 Mondeo 2.0 petrol.. What`s the correct tyre pressure? Have tried 28 psi front and 32 psi Front ( as recommended by Ford ) and none of these pressures give correct wear. Always end up with excessive wear in the center of tread?

Tyre pressures are manufacturer dependant, so the correct tyre pressure is set by the vehicle manufacturer. That said, centre tread wear usually indicates overinflation.

Top Hifly HF805 Review

Given 79% while driving a Honda Integra R DC5 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 40,000 spirited miles
Have 205 55 R16 fitted to my Integra.
I avoid hard braking but love cornering at speed. I inflate my tyres to 38PSI front and 36PSI rear.
I've managed to get 40,000 miles or 65,000km from my set of Hifly HF805s. I believe they'll make it to 80,000km.

So far, I can see a lot of negative comments about these tyres... maybe because they're Chinese and it's ok to vent racist comments about anything Chinese. Maybe it's the car... like the guy whose Yaris is spinning it's front wheels.

The HF805 is a summer tyre. There's no ice in summer.

On dry and wet, braking and cornering are absolutely excellent. The performance is actually amazing. Durability has been great.

I'm surprised at the number of ignorant people who think tyres are made with secret recipes that only some manufacturers know.

If I use a slick tyre in the wet, it doesn't matter whether it's a Michelin or a Pirelli. If it's a soft compound it's going to give better grip but wear faster than a hard compound. Wider tyres give better lateral grip. Thinner side walls give better handling but are harsher.

The HF 805's pattern, compound are more than appropriate for the list of ordinary cars I've seen in this thread.
153 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2016

Latest Hifly HF805 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hifly HF805 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the HF805.

Given 57% while driving a Fiat Panda (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 19,000 spirited miles
Take my review with huge dose of distance and humour, please. Okay? ;)
Fiat Panda doesn't sounds serious enough for most of people. Especially if modified. But yeah, I'm the owner of Panda 100HP deeply modified. 240HP from 1.4 engine sent on 15" rims which usually wraps the asphalt and ignites rubber ripped off from tyres ;) So generally absolute craziness ;) I've had fitted looooads of rubbers and surprisingly quite often 'big famous circles' couldn't make it any better than Chinese brands. So for me it wasn't a good point to spend pile of tough earned coins if I could have the same or sometimes even better effect for much less. Toyo Proxes or Goodyear Eagle in my opinion the biggest 15" tyre crap ever if to choose for track day. Falken doing very well on dry and Uniroyal on wet from 'big brands'. But in everyday life, for ordinary people or all those with tight budget and looking for 15" rubbers, they can stick with Highfly HF805's with no fear for everyday miles. Good quality as for the price you need to pay for. But, of course, your choice is in your hands... ;) It's my choice too because I am saving money when I changing tyres 1-2 times per month according to my mad driving style... :P
BTW looking for decent 15" rubbers for serious track days? Google it and count for around 1k per set. Life hurts bro! ;)
4 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2019
Volkswagen Transporter (255/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 miles
I use these on a VW T5 9 seater and will continue to use them.

They give a fair grip in the wet and are awesome in the dry. They are a summer tyre with M&S (mud and snow) markings and they reacted well - we didn't get stuck when others did.

Road noise is minimal. They wear out just as fast as the Continentals I had before and are just as grippy.

The van is a heavy weight and these tyres have proven their worth.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2019
Given 42% while driving a Mazda 6 (215/45 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Very disappointed. These tyres fitted in my Mazda Atenza 2006 and only lasted for 14000 km.
I mainly drove in New Zealand town roads and some motorway, day grip was average but when wet it was dangerous.
I drove on heavy rain day when it first fitted (day 3 I believe) and it had very limited grip, it slips very often when i re-start in the lights in wet condition and I was just doing normal acceleration, always had to be extra careful in wet condition.

The tread was almost all gone when i replace them in just 14k km.
I understand it is a budget tyre but with the total performance and experience i would not recommend it at all.

Dangerous, do not last. I end up replace them with Good Year Eagle F1 Directional 5, so far so good.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 100% while driving a MINI Mini Countryman Cooper Petrol (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
Put on front of a 2013 plate Mini Countryman to replace 2 worn Continental’s just before a spell of really bad weather set in (snow, sleet and ice) and l was amazed at the superb levels of grip these two Hi Fly’s gave in such conditions.
Don’t listen to the people who knock Chinese tyres as they are usually the one’s who’ve never even tried them! Indeed, most of the so-called premium tyres these days originate from the Far East anyway. Save yourself a fortune and buy Hi Fly.
Geoff
6 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
bought my golf and it had Hifly 805 on the back with continentals on the front, the fronts quickly wore out so decided to fit same as on the back Hifly 805 and was delighted with the tyres.... good grip in dry ...good in the wet and lasted easily 20k... liked them so much that when tyres needed replacing got full set fitted for just short of £200... no issue in recommending
13 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2018