Infinity Ecomax

The Infinity Ecomax is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 203,220 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Infinity Ecomax
255/35 R19 96Y XL   E C 73
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Infinity Ecomax. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Infinity Ecomax Review

Given 80% while driving a MG ZT T (190) (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I´ve got 4 of these on my MG ZTT 190 and they are great. Silent and grippy... I´ve had to do a full emergency break at one time from 90km/h and they sure did handle the awesome breaking power of the MG ZTT.

93 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2016

Latest Infinity Ecomax Reviews

Have you driven on the Infinity Ecomax tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecomax.

Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall 3.2 v6 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Had a pair of these on the front of a V6 Omega for six months and can't fault them. Haven't tried to put me in a ditch yet. Having said that, neither have any other brands. Maybe it's the way people drive.
No sign of excessive wear and perform in wet and dry to a very satisfactory level.
On price - can't see any reason to spend more than the 50 pounds each that I paid for them.
Overall a cracking tyre which I would recommend to anyone on any car.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLA200 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I'm now on my second set of fronts and my first pair of rears on my 2015 CLA200 diesel. The Infinity Ecomax replaced the original continental tyres that came on the car.

I do a fair bit of driving and one thing I hate is going through tyres as the premium brand can be expensive. I tried these after reading reviews and all I can say is I'm glad I did.

I get these fitted, balanced and disposal of the old tyres for £45.00 a corner from Asda tyres. This includes a 10% discount too. They are well worth the money.

My driving style is pretty much drive it like you stole it I've been told by my passengers who clutch whatever they can for dear life. Although I can get the traction control light to come up it does take a bit of effort. If you are progressive on the throttle it shouldn't come on at all.

In the dry they are good from the get go. In the wet I find I have to warm the tyre up with 1-2 miles of careful driving before being spirited.

I can complain about the wear. All my tyres have worn evenly and I generally get 9000-13000 miles per front (front wheel drive) and about 20000-30000 per rear.

The noise in the cabin is quiet. Not the quietest I've had but for £180.00 for all 4 corners I don't expect it to be.

I can't comment on fuel consumption as if I'm honest I don't really care.

In short. These are great tyres at £180.00 all 4 corners you can't go wrong. You will only be disappointed if you expect premium performance at budget prices. Having said this evening though they are over 50% cheaper than premiums they are by no means over 50% worse. I would say they are only marginally worse than the premium brands but still an excellent tyre Vs price.

Hope this helps.
13 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
The label that was on my tires is Fuel :E and Wet:B
21 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Hi,

This is an INITIAL review of Infinity Ecomax base on 2 months & 1,000km driving, including wet roads.

I did have doubt about this model (Ecomax) especially when there are a few bad reviews of Infinity's other models, eg . INF 05. Being a Chinese made, read many bad reviews & come across people who had bad experienced , I did lots of RE-considerations & RE-read the reviews of Ecomax. I even had a plan-B just in case they were bad. I eventually took a gamble bought a pair.

Here is my reviews from running them on the FRONT wheels of my 2011 Mazda3. Note that Adelaide has mild weather: winter days are 10+ degree Celsius.

Infinity Ecomax is almost as good as the ‘premium’ brand and likely to be among a handful of Chinese made tyres that is decent. BTW in 10 years time, many of us will be driving on Chinese tyres.

I tested on BOTH dry & wet roads. In the dry, I can feel the tyres grip so much that they are putting stress on the front ends on hard cornerings. I driven these tyres to the limit of adhesion & the lost of traction is progressive. Mind you, I used 2nd gear & slowly builded up the speed until the front ends start to slide around large round-abouts, with some run-off just in case I made a mistake.

I think that for cars up to 1,600kg. They are fine, even with spirited driving.

Tread Pattern: I think they copied Michelin Pilot Sport 3 & Continental Sport Contact 3. The design is good for wet roads (3 straight & wide vertical groves) & low road noise (aren’t many horizontal & wide groves).

Structure: tyres are light (9kg) compare to a Michelin Pilot Sport 4, same size. I think that their weaker tyre-structure contributed to a VERY slight poorer performance compare to the ‘premium’ brand.

Compound: likely that they are not as good, but only slightly behind the ‘premium’ brand.

Shoulders have Less rubber: this was fixed by select a wider width (extra 10mm), which also help to protect the rims from gutter scratches.

Loudness: very quite because they are 2 months old. There aren’t many horizontal & wide groves hence unlikely to get noisy, even with age.

Wear: seems to wear well, although early days. They have 7+ mm thread height when new.

Buy again: YES. $AUD 85 each, fitted & balanced for 235 40 R18 that is almost as good as ‘premium’ brand….a bargain.

FYI, not only that there are many Chinese tyre makers, many release ‘NEW’ brand & model, but using the same tyre & tread pattern as previously made. It is a business decision to lose their past even though the same tyre had bad reviews under an earlier brand & model. It is too risk to buy without reviews. Even with those that had reviews: read widely & from many sources. Be VERY careful, when buy base solely on LOW price. Many have been caught out & many more will continue to make the same mistake.

Also, not only they have lower tread height, the poor rubber compound technology cause tyres to wear-out fast & dangerous on wet roads.

Thanks for reading.