Infinity Ecomax

Infinity Ecomax Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 77% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
The Infinity Ecomax replaced the Pirelli Zero Nero.
After 600 miles they are ready to get the best of them.
In the dry they are good from 1st gear. When cornering i feel the soft sidewalls(fitted polyrethane silent blocks).In the wet I find I have to warm the tyre up with 1-2 miles of careful driving before being spirited.
Ware: After 13000 miles seems to have about 10000 miles more.
The noise in the cabin is acceptable.
Pirelli's was better except wear.
I get these fitted and balanced 260 euros, allmost 200 euros cheaper than Pirelli's.
It's good tyres and i'm thinking buying them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Mazda 2 SP (205/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Just purchased another set of these tyres as when I purchased my car it had a set on. The ride was good grip was great in dry and wet excellent choice for the price.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2019
Given 86% while driving a BMW 330CI M Sport (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I've had 255 35 18 rears and 225 40 18 fronts for the past 5 years, going through two complete sets of rears and one set of fronts. Both front and rear are shortly in need of replacing. In that time I've covered about 25,000miles on a mix of motorway and Welsh winding A-roads.

I only gave these tyres a 7 for wet grip, it's actually closer to 7.5/10 or 8/10 for daily wet driving but I've had two really serious aquaplaning events which had there have been an oncoming car, I'd a-bin-a-gonner for sure. I was driving at 60mph, in the dark, on a bend and there was a flooded road stream crossing/flowing from left to right so I'm not sure that many tyres would have coped in those conditions. Maybe driver error not the tyre's fault.

Ok, enough of the negative! In the dry, 231bhp rear wheel drive is well under the threshold of these tyres. As you go from 7.5mm new depth to 3mm, the tyres just get better and better on steep bends. I'm now taking some of the bends at silly speeds (85, 90, 95). These give me more and more confidence every day to push it that little bit extra. My most enjoyable times have been versus Subaru Impreza 4x4 who I could not shift despite nearly reaching these tyre's limits. The second was me chasing an Audi quatro 3.0 v6 diesel. He couldn't shift me. Mid-Wales roads.

I first came to know about Infinity Ecomax through buying a set of wheels from a chap who had them fitted to his BMW 135M. He told me that they had served him well and there were no scare stories about the tyres. Having had quite a lot of experience with this brand and model, I can safely say that I would be advising friends and family to buy without hesitation.

I've just completed a mid-life BMW underbody refresh, replacing suspension parts, breaking system, hubs, barings, diff oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, power steering, coolant, engine oil. De-rust body panels, new paint where needed, brake lines and hoses, intake hoses and abs sensors all round. Finally, poly bushes on control arms, front and rear anti-roll bars (sway bars). The Ecomax fit perfectly with this car having previously had contisport 2 all round and Uniroyal rainsport 2. I wouldn't go back to spending big-bucks when these Infinity tyres are my tyre of choice from now-on.

Road noise more than bearable. General handling good, wet handling, ok, wear good, breaking dry - brilliant. Wet, dont know as I've never had to emergency brake in the wet. I did an emergency stop to test my new components and set-up on 15 May 2019, they were sublime in the dry. Obviously not just the tyres; the whole car of which the tyres are a major part! Thanks for reading.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall 3.2 v6 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Had a pair of these on the front of a V6 Omega for six months and can't fault them. Haven't tried to put me in a ditch yet. Having said that, neither have any other brands. Maybe it's the way people drive.
No sign of excessive wear and perform in wet and dry to a very satisfactory level.
On price - can't see any reason to spend more than the 50 pounds each that I paid for them.
Overall a cracking tyre which I would recommend to anyone on any car.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLA200 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I'm now on my second set of fronts and my first pair of rears on my 2015 CLA200 diesel. The Infinity Ecomax replaced the original continental tyres that came on the car.

I do a fair bit of driving and one thing I hate is going through tyres as the premium brand can be expensive. I tried these after reading reviews and all I can say is I'm glad I did.

I get these fitted, balanced and disposal of the old tyres for £45.00 a corner from Asda tyres. This includes a 10% discount too. They are well worth the money.

My driving style is pretty much drive it like you stole it I've been told by my passengers who clutch whatever they can for dear life. Although I can get the traction control light to come up it does take a bit of effort. If you are progressive on the throttle it shouldn't come on at all.

In the dry they are good from the get go. In the wet I find I have to warm the tyre up with 1-2 miles of careful driving before being spirited.

I can complain about the wear. All my tyres have worn evenly and I generally get 9000-13000 miles per front (front wheel drive) and about 20000-30000 per rear.

The noise in the cabin is quiet. Not the quietest I've had but for £180.00 for all 4 corners I don't expect it to be.

I can't comment on fuel consumption as if I'm honest I don't really care.

In short. These are great tyres at £180.00 all 4 corners you can't go wrong. You will only be disappointed if you expect premium performance at budget prices. Having said this evening though they are over 50% cheaper than premiums they are by no means over 50% worse. I would say they are only marginally worse than the premium brands but still an excellent tyre Vs price.

Hope this helps.
17 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
The label that was on my tires is Fuel :E and Wet:B
25 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Hi,

This is an INITIAL review of Infinity Ecomax base on 2 months & 1,000km driving, including wet roads.

I did have doubt about this model (Ecomax) especially when there are a few bad reviews of Infinity's other models, eg . INF 05. Being a Chinese made, read many bad reviews & come across people who had bad experienced , I did lots of RE-considerations & RE-read the reviews of Ecomax. I even had a plan-B just in case they were bad. I eventually took a gamble bought a pair.

Here is my reviews from running them on the FRONT wheels of my 2011 Mazda3. Note that Adelaide has mild weather: winter days are 10+ degree Celsius.

Infinity Ecomax is almost as good as the ‘premium’ brand and likely to be among a handful of Chinese made tyres that is decent. BTW in 10 years time, many of us will be driving on Chinese tyres.

I tested on BOTH dry & wet roads. In the dry, I can feel the tyres grip so much that they are putting stress on the front ends on hard cornerings. I driven these tyres to the limit of adhesion & the lost of traction is progressive. Mind you, I used 2nd gear & slowly builded up the speed until the front ends start to slide around large round-abouts, with some run-off just in case I made a mistake.

I think that for cars up to 1,600kg. They are fine, even with spirited driving.

Tread Pattern: I think they copied Michelin Pilot Sport 3 & Continental Sport Contact 3. The design is good for wet roads (3 straight & wide vertical groves) & low road noise (aren’t many horizontal & wide groves).

Structure: tyres are light (9kg) compare to a Michelin Pilot Sport 4, same size. I think that their weaker tyre-structure contributed to a VERY slight poorer performance compare to the ‘premium’ brand.

Compound: likely that they are not as good, but only slightly behind the ‘premium’ brand.

Shoulders have Less rubber: this was fixed by select a wider width (extra 10mm), which also help to protect the rims from gutter scratches.

Loudness: very quite because they are 2 months old. There aren’t many horizontal & wide groves hence unlikely to get noisy, even with age.

Wear: seems to wear well, although early days. They have 7+ mm thread height when new.

Buy again: YES. $AUD 85 each, fitted & balanced for 235 40 R18 that is almost as good as ‘premium’ brand….a bargain.

FYI, not only that there are many Chinese tyre makers, many release ‘NEW’ brand & model, but using the same tyre & tread pattern as previously made. It is a business decision to lose their past even though the same tyre had bad reviews under an earlier brand & model. It is too risk to buy without reviews. Even with those that had reviews: read widely & from many sources. Be VERY careful, when buy base solely on LOW price. Many have been caught out & many more will continue to make the same mistake.

Also, not only they have lower tread height, the poor rubber compound technology cause tyres to wear-out fast & dangerous on wet roads.

Thanks for reading.
14 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5 AWD SPORT (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
I got these Tyres listed as "part worn". However when i got them they still had 7.5mm on them (approx) so I snapped them up at a bargain price. These are fitted a 2.5 V6 engine vehicle & so far so good!

They felt very similar to the previous Pirelli Tyres which were very old and on the car when I bought it but still had plenty of tread so I kept them initially, it was only because they were old (cracking) that I decided to replace them. The EcoMax were picked up at a bargain price which is why I went for them but I am very pleased I did. I saw some reviews on here and elsewhere, singing their praises and now I have to agree.

You get fair performance all around, good braking, decent wet & dry grip. The ware is impressive, 5000 Miles later and they hardly look any more used than when I fitted them. They're fitted to a AWD car which is rather heavy and they deal with this very well too. they feel responsive and predictable. Not twitchy or light as you might think.

Overall I would buy more of these, a good solid jack of all trades kind of Tyre that would suit an average driver well. I do some town driving but these spend a lot of time on cruise control and I never feel unsafe with regards to road holding either in the wet or dry. If you see them at a decent price, pick some up.
10 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2017
Skoda Suberb MkII (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Had 2 on the front of my skoda superb, wearing well at 8000
Liked them so much just replaced the rears with the Sam
The only difference between these and so called premium tyres is slightly noisier, and quite firm when cold
But you have to be a spirited driver to really notice
Well worth it at the price, bought via F1aotocentre as their current best budget tyre
Amazing value at a third of the price of the standard fit
6 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2016