Infinity INF 05

Infinity INF 05

Infinity INF 05 Reviews (newest first) - Page 3

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Falcon Futura (225/50 R16) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
I read the reviews and thought I had made a serious mistake but happily I was wrong. On New Zealand roads, course chip, smooth bitumen or concrete, wet or dry they are as good if not better as any of the well known brands. Fitted to a '98 Ford Falcon station wagon 4.0 litre,(rear wheel drive, live axle), a car with very basic leaf spring rear suspension and a ton of torque, they have performed admirably.

They will lose grip in the wet under heavy acceleration but nothing major and few if any tyres don't lose it at some point anyway. They are quiet,the car handles as good as it ever did with possibly a bit more stability and so far the wear is completely acceptable although I had an alignment done at the time. Honestly recommended and very good value for money.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 140 TDI Sport Estate (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres to 08 passat TDI sport estate which is used a lot for towing and am now removing them even though they look like new . I would say these tyres are dangerous in the wet spin as soon as you try to apply any throttle under steer in even gentle corners.
Have used other budget tyres before with no issues but avoid these if you value your safety
0 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2013
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Came on the rear axle of a recently purchased SLK350. On a damp road they break traction with every dab of the throttle and the only way I can describe them is dangerous. They appear new but will be swapped out next week. As mentioned in the fast ford owner's review it feels like the ESP is permanently on and all that's between me and some very big slides.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2013
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330ci (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Use these on my BMW (front) with some hancook ventus v12(rear)

Really good for a budget tyre :)
0 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2013
Given 11% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST MP260 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 easy going miles
1 word - terrifying. Not great in the dry, but in the wet i have never been so scared driving. My esp light is like a flashing Christmas tree light, and is the only thing that kept me on the road. On a road i know very well and have driven many times, i had to crawl. Any touch on the throttle, even in 6th gear mid corner it pushed wide across the white line until the esp cut in.

The tyres are also wearing on the shoulders quite badly, not underinflated or anything, just really odd wear. I cannot emphasize how terrible these are, avoid at all costs. These will be replaced as soon as i can afford.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
WELL, surprised at the comments,(i am a heavy driver by the way), I have driven at least 12,000 miles on these tyres, 4 fitted new on my 2002 Volvo s60 d5 fwd , heavy car 1.5t front wheel drive , in the dry they offer the grip all good brands would,hardly any wear after 12k, all 4 fitted £200,in the wet the tyres do show there true colors,but they offer grip and stability even in the wet weather,sometimes slight wheel spin from the lights depends on the type of tarmac used,i drove 450 miles last week in the heavy downpours and loacalized flooding,no real drama's ,good stability plenty of ground water lift created by the grooves, only had 1 moment,but it still held well and didn't take me out of my comfort zone (40 mph round a unexpected rounabout, long story), would buy again
0 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2013
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (195/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
These were on my Rover 75 CDTi when purchased from the former owner. The tyre were almost 7mm and I covered 15k+ before a change was required. I have seen the effect of economy tyre before so I was a little wary. The car was/is for motorway travel and my start point was March 2013.

The motorway stuff was ok wet and dry however I did cover some back roads with some twists on hills. I had noticed the ABS being used but this was on tight down hills with some braking. I have now put 225/45 Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and the ABS issue has ceased.
No shocks but well short of the Goodyears.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2013
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz slk320 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
Only rated the wear as 10 because they would be a lot safer if they only lasted a day.
These were on my wifes Mercedes slk 320 when I bought it. She has been driving around in it for 6 months and has complained a couple of times that it doesn't feel right. She is a very cautions driver so there is no girl racer going on here.
Up till this weekend I had only driven it in the dry, ok the tyres aren't good in the dry but they are not bad enough to throw away nearly new tyres so just assumed she wasn't used to the car.
Drove it in the wet this weekend and it scared the life out of me. corners that my Mondeo will take 20mph faster had me grabbing armfulls of opposite lock, the braking is abysmal and they even aquaplaned despite having virtually full tread depth and the water not being deep.
These are being changed tomorrow at a cost of £460 to decent tyres, even though the tread is as new, wife only does 2000 mile a year. Says just about all you need to know about them.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2013
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 SW 2.0 HDI Sport (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Pretty good budget tyre, inherited these with the second hand car, in the 7k miles we did the only issue we had was that the tyres are very noisy on motorways and dual carrageways (in this size on this car)
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2013