Infinity INF 05

Show all: Infinity tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Infinity INF 05 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 45 tyre reviews averaging 44% over 269,400 miles driven.

Infinity INF 05

48%

31%

Tyre Test Results:

Infinity INF 05 Reviews

Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Sportwagen 150 TiD (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 16,000 average miles
I have had these tyres on an SAAB 9-3 Sportwagen for just under one year and 16,000 miles.

At first they were seemingly fine although it took three attempts to get them balanced properly (at additional expense).

However in the last few weeks I have noticed that the grip has all but disappeared. Initially I thought that it was me even though I am not an enthusiastic driver but having driven the car in rain last week it is most definitely the tyres. Driving across roundabouts at low speed caused the traction control to kick in at approx 20mph.

I am off to get new tyres tomorrow. The old addage is true: you get what you pay for. These may have been cheap but to get only 16,000 miles from a set of tyres (even though they still have at least 6mm of tread left) is ridiculous...
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2012
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z3M Coupe (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Do not buy!!!! These were on the car not even 1/2 worn when I purchased the car.. Okayish in the dry, but like many others have said on here (first time just reading about these tyres) they are manic... Understear followed by sideways power oversteer at the touch of the throttle! Took them off in under a month and put my good old faithful falken 452's on. Much better/safer/quality tyre for not alot more than these are!!
tyre reviewed on May 17, 2012
Looking to buy the Infinity INF 05? Click here to search for the best price for the Infinity INF 05 or any other tyre.

Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (205-45-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 200 spirited miles
Inherited a pair of these on the rear of an 10 year old MX5, and having driven cars from the old BMC Mini to a Daimler Sovereign, and also steam trains, I can only say what a total pile of poo these tyres are in the wet.

In the dry, the MX5 is great, good roadholding, very little tyre noise, but I've just gone around a roundabout and had the back end sidewards when the grip went without warning. At first I thought, hmmm diesel spill, but managed a controlled repeat at the next roundabout, but with the same level of drama. Agreed it's my first rear wheel drive car for 30 years (and I own a Mondeo TDCi 130) but hell fire!

These tyres are lethal.

Either I dont drive the car in the wet or get them swapped out for something better. It's a shame as they are only 6 weeks old and were put on by the previous owner who clearly wanted cheap tyres to get the MoT done. Others who have experienced similar brown trouser moments are not alone.
tyre reviewed on May 15, 2012
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (205-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 600 easy going miles
I drive like Miss Maples I’m the better end of 50 and drive an estate? It’s as boring as it gets, I don’t normally do write ups as they can be misconstrued and obviously different people have different opinions not always the correct one. However I feel it a duty to warn people about these tyres. So I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the normally £110 + costs for a single tyre for my Ford mk3 Estate Tdci 130 BHP. Well can’t go wrong I always drive sensibly so what could go wrong?
The infinities 05 fit my 205/50/17 Ghia rims and they cost about £45 each? The write ups on here were mixed but I went with it anyhow.
I had the tyres on my car for about 5 weeks and have only one thing to say: DON'T FIT THESE TYRE'S to a Ford Mondeo Estate? Or for that matter anything that requires road traction and grip in damp or wet conditions. They do not like wet weather or even damp roads, I was coming home late last week entered an island at normal speed and found myself almost drifting? I stopped to see if diesel or oil was on the road just as well I was the only vehicle on the road, No oil so I continued my journey and this time tried to see if I could push the car a little more on the next island, it took seconds to find the grip just slip away the traction control light flashing like a Christmas tree. I have since tested the same on different road conditions, left turns, right turns and other island and every time they lose their grip even under normal road driving conditions you can feel them start to go, I have tried tyre pressures up and down with little affect it became a hazard to turn in the wet or damp so much so I took the things off and put a knife through the side wall so they could not be sold on or re-used and went back to COOPER tyres they have always been good. In the dry they drive at best I would say fair they have poor feedback and just don’t install confidence.
tyre reviewed on May 9, 2012
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 cc (205-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
These were fitted to my wifes car when we brought it and I havnt been that impressed.

In the dry they seem to be perfectly adequate for normal driving but in damp and wet conditions they are poor and grip fades very quickly indeed.

Ive not driven the car on a decent set of tires but I think that on tyres with better wet grip it would be a totally different experience.

That said wear and noise do not seem particularly bad and my wife seems happy to drive on them as she is quite cautious anyway.
tyre reviewed on April 25, 2012
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S4 (235-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Excellent value for money. I have an S4 so was unsure at first what with everybody saying you must buy premium with a V8 - what a crock... These tyres are quiet, have great dry grip and are excellent in the wet. Have put them through their paces and am very impressed. Dont listen to the tyre snobs.....
tyre reviewed on April 23, 2012
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Renault megane cc (205-50-17-)
Honestly you'd be better just wrapping some electricians tape around your wheels than buying these tyres. It is my opinion that anyone selling these should stop immediately and anyone buying thinking of buying these should look elsewhere.
tyre reviewed on February 1, 2012
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-50-17-)
These tyres are dangerous in the wet (true ditch finders). On the car when bought in summer, were passable in dry, but in the wet no grip felt like roundabouts were ice rinks. Could not comment on wear as changed as soon as funds allowed.
tyre reviewed on January 12, 2012
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 307 (205-50-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Terrible tyres. Just passable in dry but give little feedback and are very noisy (they sound like a failed wheel bearing) In the wet they are just dangerous with no feedback at all and giving a feeling of being on ice.
AVOID
tyre reviewed on January 3, 2012
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport Sportwagon (150) (225-45-17-)
These were fitted new by the dealer on the purchase of my used Saab 9-3 and are abysmal. In the wet you are little more than a passenger with massive understeer with little warning of your impending trouble from the front. How I avoided an accident is one of life's mysteries. Dry grip is fine but in this country this is hardly important. One plus is that they wore very well but this is probably as they are likely made of concrete.
tyre reviewed on December 19, 2011

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: