Infinity INF 05

Show all: Infinity tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Infinity INF 05 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 53 tyre reviews averaging 45% over 311,100 miles driven.

Infinity INF 05

47%

33%

Tyre Test Results:

Infinity INF 05 Reviews

Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-45-17-)
If you value your life......your partners life....... Your families life and your friends life I'd recommend to stay clear from these tyres.

Going around town and driving like your 90 years old doing about 15 mph is fine.

If your like me and every now and then or when getting on a motorway you like to give it a boot these tyre are a no no, I won't touch this tyre or brand unless I decided to make a tyre swing in the back garden,

I was unfortunate to have purchased a lovely civic type r with what I believed would off come with at least mid range decent tyre but have realised that I need to lay out about £500 because I do value my life and the infinity 05 are total rubbish.

Don't skimp on tyres mid range or top range are a must, these budget budget tyres are dangerous
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2013
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (215-55-16-W)
One thing I can be confident with, is that the ABS functions properly on the Passat, because in the wet, it's always coming on, even more in recent weeks - And Ireland is a very wet place so these tyres are not ideal. These tyres were on the front of my Passat when I bought it and at about €70 each, I suppose it's not surprising that they perform so miserably in the wet. As for the dry, I don't generally drive so hard as to push them beyond their limit, but I did notice a few times entering the M50 motorway that they were were slipping & unstable. Unfortunately they still have about 65% of their thread left so I cannot justify replacing them (but on the other hand they are a health hazard so maybe I should). I will try Avons next as I have been told they are the best wet weather tyre in their class which which should be the primary factor determining tyre choice for for general purpose driving in Ireland. The Avons should have a stiffer sidewall too which will help with responsiveness.
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2013
Looking to buy the Infinity INF 05? Click here to search for the best price for the Infinity INF 05 or any other tyre.

Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Evolution (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres were on the car when I purchased it, as soon as I have the money I am going to replace them. They seem ok in the dry but as soon as the surface is wet they are awful, I would never buy budget tyres myself and this is one reason why I urge no one to buy these tyres. Even when driving the car normally in the wet it makes one of the best handling saloon cars feel on edge. With the amount of rain we get in the uk its not worth it.
tyre reviewed on January 3, 2013
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
DON'T BUY Infinity tyres! If you care for your life, that is.

I agree with most views given here and my experience was the same as some described here.

I have a 3-door RAV4 and had 2 tyres replaced recently (due to wear&tear). The Garage said they were OK I didn't know better, so went with them.
First time it rained after I had them (just last Sunday), and also going round a roundabout, I almost lost control of my car! It was pretty scary, to say the least and I immediately went back to the garage to complain. They said the expected; never had any complaints about them; etc.

I wish I'd had the chance to read about these tyres before I went with them.

Since they don't accept the tyres back, I asked them to move them to the back, and will see how it goes; but I wanted to post my experience here too, so you know - DO NOT BUY THEM!!

They have NO grip in wet conditions and they WILL cause you an accident!

Listen to the road users who cared to give their opinion here.

Stay safe. Don't buy these tyres!
tyre reviewed on October 30, 2012
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (225-45-17-)
In the dry these tyres are okay, as I'd expect of a budget tyre really. In the wet... Awfull, just awful. In fact I would say they feel dangerously low on grip and feedback and consequently I have had to drive ludicrously slowly in wet conditions and I am scared to drive with the children on board in heavy rain.
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2012
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Silvia (225-45-17-)
I have used these as both an all out drift tyre and as a road tyre. As a drift tyre, they performed just fine, a little vague but they wore evenly and with no delamination at extreme temperatures. However as a road tyre, I would never buy these again. Having gone from Maxxis MA-Z1's to these, they are just terribly unresponsive and uncommunicative. I actually found it scary to drive with these tyres, grip was extremely low and completely unpredictable and sharp movements would take a noticeable amount of time to feel the rear of the car respond.
tyre reviewed on October 3, 2012
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (225-45-17-V)
Had the standard Goodyear's on all 4 when i got the car and the handling was pretty good for such a big car. I then had cause to replace 2 because of wear and a puncture so i thought id replace all 4 to keep the car even and because of the cost i came across these which were mid of the range price wise.

Traction in the dry was noticeably less and reduced my cornering speed and confidence a fair amount but still did the job.

Traction in the wet was poor at best. Miss daisy would give me a run for my money. The car seemed to take a week to stop and had no feeling or grip in the corners. when accelerating at a decent rate i would struggle to tell that the wheels were spinning if it wernt for the traction control lighting up the dashboard like an xmass tree.

Never drove with them in snow or ice so couldnt comment.

Lasted a good long time they seemed to not have worn by the time i came to getting rid.of tue car a good 10k if not more after fitting these.

Overall i would never buy less than the best on the market. the difference between goodyear and infinity was about £30 a tyre but that difference killed the car and i would not buy infinity again and ill stick with my big brands. Now having kids and experiencing cheap tyres braking in the wet ill not but these again.
tyre reviewed on August 30, 2012
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9Tdi (215-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 20,000 easy going miles
I have to agree with the majoirty of the reports posted on here. I drive a VW Passat estate, 1.9tdi. Whilst the tyres on the rear of the car seemed to perform OK (good mileage and wear) the same tyres on the front of my front wheel drive passat are nothing less than worringly under performing. Taking large roundabouts at a moderate speed causes the car to understeer and you could be forgiven for thinking that there is no grip whatsoever (both in the dry and wet!)

With hindsight I should not have put these tyres on the drive wheels. I foolishly thought that as my rear tyres seemed to be ok, the same could be said for putting these on the front. In addition to the poor response to the grip/drive they also suffer from increased levels of road noise.

As it happens I am looking to sell the car shortly (there is still a very good amount of tread left of all 4 tyres so I'm not going to throw money away) but would never buy these again. Had I been looking at keeping the car I believe I would have needed to bite the bullet and shell out for a set of Falkens or Federals as they are of similar price (but heaps better).

Steer clear. This is merely my personal point of view, factual and honest. I'm not out to slur any company but look how many consumers are experiencing the same old problems.
tyre reviewed on August 23, 2012
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Sportwagen 150 TiD (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 16,000 average miles
I have had these tyres on an SAAB 9-3 Sportwagen for just under one year and 16,000 miles.

At first they were seemingly fine although it took three attempts to get them balanced properly (at additional expense).

However in the last few weeks I have noticed that the grip has all but disappeared. Initially I thought that it was me even though I am not an enthusiastic driver but having driven the car in rain last week it is most definitely the tyres. Driving across roundabouts at low speed caused the traction control to kick in at approx 20mph.

I am off to get new tyres tomorrow. The old addage is true: you get what you pay for. These may have been cheap but to get only 16,000 miles from a set of tyres (even though they still have at least 6mm of tread left) is ridiculous...
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2012
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z3M Coupe (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Do not buy!!!! These were on the car not even 1/2 worn when I purchased the car.. Okayish in the dry, but like many others have said on here (first time just reading about these tyres) they are manic... Understear followed by sideways power oversteer at the touch of the throttle! Took them off in under a month and put my good old faithful falken 452's on. Much better/safer/quality tyre for not alot more than these are!!
tyre reviewed on May 17, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: