Jinyu YH12

Show all: Jinyu tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Jinyu YH12 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 50,181 miles driven.

Jinyu YH12

79%

72%

Tyre Test Results:

Jinyu YH12 Reviews

Given 45% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (195-55-16-)
These were fitted to my car when purchased with around 5/6 mm tread remaining.
Grip in the dry is adequate although nothing special.
However, grip in the wet is way below average and the tyre has, on a number of occasions aquaplaned, in fairly moderate standing water.
The car's steering also feels vague in heavy rain.
The edges of the tread seem to be wearing quicker than the centre even though the pressures are regularly checked.
The tyres have worn to 4 mm in around 3500 miles, so the rate of wear appears fairly quick.
They might be inexpensive to buy, but the fairly rapid wear rate may not be cost effective in the long run.
That, and the below average (dangerous?) grip in the wet would lead me to steer well away from these in the future.
Can't wait to get my winter tyres on.
I'll get these replaced when I switch back to summer tyres, even though they have a fair bit of tread left.
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2014
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205-60-16-)
It is an update of my review written previously. Can say the tires are good in the dry and surprisingly good in the wet, great handling. The bad thing is there is no protection for the rims at all and i've noticed slightly increased fuel consumption. Overall good tire if you are on a budget, good grip both dry and wet, good wear rate, comfortable and quiet. Probably i am not buying again, but if you dont have expencive rims and you dont mind paying a few extra quid on fuel these are a very good buy.
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Looking to buy the Jinyu YH12? Click here to search for the best price for the Jinyu YH12 or any other tyre.

Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan ntec (185-55-16-)
A deceptively devious buy! Initially I was well impressed - good grip, progressive, much more quiet than the Contis fitted previously, more comfortable (these tyres are nowhere near as stiff in the sidewalls as the Contis). Initial impressions brilliant for the price - but then the catch...
These tyres wear very badly on the outer edges I am presuming because of the lack of sidewall strength when cornering aggressively (my fault I know - I should drive less aggressively - bad boy!) - so I have rotated them twice (in 12000 miles) and now they are getting to the point where they will need changing soon - the ride is still good, but the grip is now quite poor, and not at all good in the wet - If I was a very slow and totally unagressive driver doing a very low mileage these would be great - but me I 'm back on the Contis next time I think... shame really as they initially promised so much...
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (195-60-15-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I overcame my initial prejudices, read the good reviews these tyres had and bought a pair. They are as good as most people say and I am really pleased with them. I will have no hesitation in buying them again.
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205-60-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I was on a budget and had to replace two Dunlop's SP 300 as they were too old and hard as a rock. First impression from Jinyu YH12 is that they are very quiet and comfortable, with good dry grip and road feedback. I never push the car to the limit so cant say nothing about progressiveness. Yet to try them in wet condition and to see how they wear, after i will decide if i will buy again, but so far so good. The only thing against is their name. Not realy nice for europian buyers as the chinese brands have bad name on the market. The company should think about changing it. Will come back with update for the wear and the wet grip.
tyre reviewed on April 30, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (195-60-15-V)
Driving on mostly town for 20,000 easy going miles
good tires in given price range
tyre reviewed on March 15, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Tacuma (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Bought a pair of these part-worn from e-bay for my wife's car (Chevrolet Tacuma), for £50 with 6mm. I drove her car the other and the first thing I noticed was how quiet they were, grip wet and dry was good as well and performed well under braking. I was so impressed that have today bought 2 more for my Hyundai coupe which is driven in a more spirited fashion than the Tacuma will post after they've done a few miles. Devon roads mainly twisty A & B's with a bit of dual carriageway.
tyre reviewed on November 26, 2013
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (185-55-15-V)
Never again! this tyre slides too much so easily... I recomend it only if you are a fan of drifting
tyre reviewed on July 2, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Urban Cruiser (195-60-15-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 150 average miles
02-06-13
Had the two front tyres on for a week and done 150 miles.I found the front quite vague on first outing. Felt like the tyres were too hard. Checked the pressure the garage had put in, and it was 5 psi too high. Dropping PSI to 33, which is the recommended pressure. The feeling is very good. These tyres do not feel any different from the original Yokahama E70. My car is a commuter and I will never test the tyres to any limit of adhesion. My aim is to get as much life from the 8mm of tread as possible. Correct tracking and tyre pressure will do that. I will be buying two more, for the rear, when required
tyre reviewed on July 2, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Urban Cruiser (195-60-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Only just fitted two to the front of Toyota Urban Cruiser. 74.00 each. Look and feel ok at first road test today, Wet and dry. Will post again when settled in.
tyre reviewed on June 27, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: