Jinyu YH12

Progressiveness 66%
Jinyu YH12

The Jinyu YH12 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 95,681 miles driven.

195/65 R14 89H   E C 70
195/65 R15 95T XL   E C 70
195/65 R15 91H   E C 70
215/65 R15 96V   E C 71
205/45 R16 87V XL   E B 73
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Jinyu YH12. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Jinyu YH12 Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Rapid TSI (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 28,000 average miles
One year on since my last review. - Still good!

I have just replaced all 4 tyres and bought new set of these jinyu yh12 tyres. £29.50 per tyre.
The previous set that I'm reviewing covered 28,000 miles! The tread depth was 3mm, and at this shallow depth there was a noticeable reduction in effective breaking in very wet conditions from new, tyres were also louder than before. Dry grip was still top notch and the comfort and reasonable fuel economy remained. Overall these tyres are great for my driving style. Still commuting at around 55mph with the odd overtake here and there, but generally quite easy going, I checked tyre pressure twice a month and these tyres lasted along time, longer than other premium tyres I've used, for an economy or budget tyre at the low cost it's great.
I highly recommend these tyres to all who drive at reasonablely sensible speeds.
The weather permitting, I've pushed the tyres a little harder than usual, three things stand out.
1, the tyres are very stable at higher straight-line speeds, possibly due to the continuous centeral rib.
2, my car has very sharp turn in due to electronic steering not hydraulic power steering and these tyres match the turn in rate and are very responsive.
3, when pushed to the limit it tyres are reasonably forgiving, an audible squeal is heard before the tyres break away and loose lateral grip. These tyres corner well for its size and type, it's no track tyre so don't expect that but it's safe for some fun.

The newer tyres have a redesigned tyre sidewall. The text jinyu yh12 is no longer raised but flush with the tyre and that addition text gallopro is also visible. Still holds tyre shine well so compound hasn't changed much. Balancing is easy I can only recall getting my previous set balanced 2x over the life of the tyre, and that was due to swapping the jinyu for barum winter tyres.

Great tyre, safe tyre, we'll constructed for the money.

9/10

Shibby
1 | - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2016
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Wear rate is poor compared to other budgets, especially vulnerable to tracking errors.

Wet and dry grip consistent with other budgets, not bad for the price of £31 each.

Very hard uncomfortable tyre.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.9 Tdi (195/35 R16) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
At 47.50 a corner fitted I was not expecting too much, suffice to say I am pleasantly surprised. On a car running 183hp through the front wheels, they put the power down well, especially in cooler temperatures in the wet, although I can say the sidewalks are soft and a little vague when giving feedback.
The tyres give plenty of warning when pushed to their limits and I would say that they perform well in all aspects especially considering the very low purchase price.
The sidewalls are quite thick (although they are soft and deflect slightly) and fitted instead of 205's they have increased my fuel economy very slightly.
After 3000 spirited miles the tyres are down to 6mm from their original 8, which means they have lasted better than the Toyo t1r's they were fitted to replace. As a rough guide I would say the wet grip as actually better than the Toyo, however they are not as good in the dry.

I would buy these tyres again especially considering how well they have exceeded my expectations.
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Rapid TSI (185/60 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 8,500 average miles
This is an update of my last review of these tyres.

These tyres still remain impressive for their price.
Over an additional 7500 miles these tyres have worn well only 1.5 mm.
This tyre is best in the wet. Its stability and grip in the wet is impressive and in the wet, the braking is at its best. It resists aqua planing well at reasonable speeds and offers great levels of confidence in adverse road conditions.
In the dry the tyres perform pretty good. Dry grip and control is satisfactory and the braking in the dry is pretty decent up to the speed limit.
Wheel spin is limited even under hard acceleration.
These tyres are very quiet and comfortable on the road. And fuel economy is no worse than the original Dunlop's fitted from factory.
These tyres also are also great to apply tyre shine too. For some reason the tyres hold their product longer than other tyre brands, possibly in the chemicals or materials used.

I commute 50 miles to work and back daily @55 - 60 mph, from city centre to the motorway. And for this type of driving at these speeds this tyre is highly recommendable.
And at £49 fitted per corner for my tyre size it's an easy choice.
I rate this tyre 7.5 / 10 and the best used on this vehicle/tyre size to date

(Note: Other tyres used; Dunlop sp 01, kumho ecowing, Michelin energy saver).

Shabby
3 | - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Rapid TSI (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
These came fitted to my vehicle when i bought it. They are not too bad, very comfortable especially on the motorway, reasonably quiet and fairly grippy in the dry. Wet handling and braking is average and have improved since the tyres have bedded in and worn down abit. This is driving pretty much at the speed limit, not very aggressivly so the tyres have not been pushed very hard. For the money they perform as they should, safely.
If im tight on money when i need a new set id happily but another set, but if i can afford abit more like kumho or toyo id look to them instead just for better than average performance and fuel efficiency.
Not a bad tyre tho. 6.5/10
1 | - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (205/45 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Very comfortable and quiet for most highway driving (average 110-140km/h (70-85MPH)) most of the time.
Good wet grip. The tyre is now around 25-30% thread left since new. Significant difference then when it was new. It hydroplanes occasionally now, but still able to cope with thin water crossing during rainy season.
Always put in about 5psi more air then recommended (due to highway driving) and the thread is evenly worn across the width. (checked regularly, once a month at least & haven't done tyre crossing).
2 | - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2015
Given 45% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
These were fitted to my car when purchased with around 5/6 mm tread remaining.
Grip in the dry is adequate although nothing special.
However, grip in the wet is way below average and the tyre has, on a number of occasions aquaplaned, in fairly moderate standing water.
The car's steering also feels vague in heavy rain.
The edges of the tread seem to be wearing quicker than the centre even though the pressures are regularly checked.
The tyres have worn to 4 mm in around 3500 miles, so the rate of wear appears fairly quick.
They might be inexpensive to buy, but the fairly rapid wear rate may not be cost effective in the long run.
That, and the below average (dangerous?) grip in the wet would lead me to steer well away from these in the future.
Can't wait to get my winter tyres on.
I'll get these replaced when I switch back to summer tyres, even though they have a fair bit of tread left.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2014
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
It is an update of my review written previously. Can say the tires are good in the dry and surprisingly good in the wet, great handling. The bad thing is there is no protection for the rims at all and i've noticed slightly increased fuel consumption. Overall good tire if you are on a budget, good grip both dry and wet, good wear rate, comfortable and quiet. Probably i am not buying again, but if you dont have expencive rims and you dont mind paying a few extra quid on fuel these are a very good buy.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan ntec (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
A deceptively devious buy! Initially I was well impressed - good grip, progressive, much more quiet than the Contis fitted previously, more comfortable (these tyres are nowhere near as stiff in the sidewalls as the Contis). Initial impressions brilliant for the price - but then the catch...
These tyres wear very badly on the outer edges I am presuming because of the lack of sidewall strength when cornering aggressively (my fault I know - I should drive less aggressively - bad boy!) - so I have rotated them twice (in 12000 miles) and now they are getting to the point where they will need changing soon - the ride is still good, but the grip is now quite poor, and not at all good in the wet - If I was a very slow and totally unagressive driver doing a very low mileage these would be great - but me I 'm back on the Contis next time I think... shame really as they initially promised so much...
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (195/60 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I overcame my initial prejudices, read the good reviews these tyres had and bought a pair. They are as good as most people say and I am really pleased with them. I will have no hesitation in buying them again.
1 | - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2014