Jinyu YH12

Progressiveness 65%
Jinyu YH12

The Jinyu YH12 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 67,681 miles driven.

195/65 R14 89H   E C 70
195/50 R15 82V   E C 70
195/60 R15 88V   E C 70
225/60 R15 96V   E C 74
185/65 R15 92H XL   E C 70
185/65 R15 88H   E C 70
195/65 R15 95T XL   E C 70
215/65 R15 96V   E C 71
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Jinyu YH12. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Jinyu YH12 Reviews

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Wear rate is poor compared to other budgets, especially vulnerable to tracking errors.

Wet and dry grip consistent with other budgets, not bad for the price of £31 each.

Very hard uncomfortable tyre.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.9 Tdi (195/35 R16) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
At 47.50 a corner fitted I was not expecting too much, suffice to say I am pleasantly surprised. On a car running 183hp through the front wheels, they put the power down well, especially in cooler temperatures in the wet, although I can say the sidewalks are soft and a little vague when giving feedback.
The tyres give plenty of warning when pushed to their limits and I would say that they perform well in all aspects especially considering the very low purchase price.
The sidewalls are quite thick (although they are soft and deflect slightly) and fitted instead of 205's they have increased my fuel economy very slightly.
After 3000 spirited miles the tyres are down to 6mm from their original 8, which means they have lasted better than the Toyo t1r's they were fitted to replace. As a rough guide I would say the wet grip as actually better than the Toyo, however they are not as good in the dry.

I would buy these tyres again especially considering how well they have exceeded my expectations.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Rapid TSI (185/60 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 8,500 average miles
This is an update of my last review of these tyres.

These tyres still remain impressive for their price.
Over an additional 7500 miles these tyres have worn well only 1.5 mm.
This tyre is best in the wet. Its stability and grip in the wet is impressive and in the wet, the braking is at its best. It resists aqua planing well at reasonable speeds and offers great levels of confidence in adverse road conditions.
In the dry the tyres perform pretty good. Dry grip and control is satisfactory and the braking in the dry is pretty decent up to the speed limit.
Wheel spin is limited even under hard acceleration.
These tyres are very quiet and comfortable on the road. And fuel economy is no worse than the original Dunlop's fitted from factory.
These tyres also are also great to apply tyre shine too. For some reason the tyres hold their product longer than other tyre brands, possibly in the chemicals or materials used.

I commute 50 miles to work and back daily @55 - 60 mph, from city centre to the motorway. And for this type of driving at these speeds this tyre is highly recommendable.
And at £49 fitted per corner for my tyre size it's an easy choice.
I rate this tyre 7.5 / 10 and the best used on this vehicle/tyre size to date

(Note: Other tyres used; Dunlop sp 01, kumho ecowing, Michelin energy saver).

Shabby
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Rapid TSI (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
These came fitted to my vehicle when i bought it. They are not too bad, very comfortable especially on the motorway, reasonably quiet and fairly grippy in the dry. Wet handling and braking is average and have improved since the tyres have bedded in and worn down abit. This is driving pretty much at the speed limit, not very aggressivly so the tyres have not been pushed very hard. For the money they perform as they should, safely.
If im tight on money when i need a new set id happily but another set, but if i can afford abit more like kumho or toyo id look to them instead just for better than average performance and fuel efficiency.
Not a bad tyre tho. 6.5/10
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (205/45 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Very comfortable and quiet for most highway driving (average 110-140km/h (70-85MPH)) most of the time.
Good wet grip. The tyre is now around 25-30% thread left since new. Significant difference then when it was new. It hydroplanes occasionally now, but still able to cope with thin water crossing during rainy season.
Always put in about 5psi more air then recommended (due to highway driving) and the thread is evenly worn across the width. (checked regularly, once a month at least & haven't done tyre crossing).
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2015
Given 45% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
These were fitted to my car when purchased with around 5/6 mm tread remaining.
Grip in the dry is adequate although nothing special.
However, grip in the wet is way below average and the tyre has, on a number of occasions aquaplaned, in fairly moderate standing water.
The car's steering also feels vague in heavy rain.
The edges of the tread seem to be wearing quicker than the centre even though the pressures are regularly checked.
The tyres have worn to 4 mm in around 3500 miles, so the rate of wear appears fairly quick.
They might be inexpensive to buy, but the fairly rapid wear rate may not be cost effective in the long run.
That, and the below average (dangerous?) grip in the wet would lead me to steer well away from these in the future.
Can't wait to get my winter tyres on.
I'll get these replaced when I switch back to summer tyres, even though they have a fair bit of tread left.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2014
Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
It is an update of my review written previously. Can say the tires are good in the dry and surprisingly good in the wet, great handling. The bad thing is there is no protection for the rims at all and i've noticed slightly increased fuel consumption. Overall good tire if you are on a budget, good grip both dry and wet, good wear rate, comfortable and quiet. Probably i am not buying again, but if you dont have expencive rims and you dont mind paying a few extra quid on fuel these are a very good buy.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan ntec (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
A deceptively devious buy! Initially I was well impressed - good grip, progressive, much more quiet than the Contis fitted previously, more comfortable (these tyres are nowhere near as stiff in the sidewalls as the Contis). Initial impressions brilliant for the price - but then the catch...
These tyres wear very badly on the outer edges I am presuming because of the lack of sidewall strength when cornering aggressively (my fault I know - I should drive less aggressively - bad boy!) - so I have rotated them twice (in 12000 miles) and now they are getting to the point where they will need changing soon - the ride is still good, but the grip is now quite poor, and not at all good in the wet - If I was a very slow and totally unagressive driver doing a very low mileage these would be great - but me I 'm back on the Contis next time I think... shame really as they initially promised so much...
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 7, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (195/60 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I overcame my initial prejudices, read the good reviews these tyres had and bought a pair. They are as good as most people say and I am really pleased with them. I will have no hesitation in buying them again.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205/60 R16) on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I was on a budget and had to replace two Dunlop's SP 300 as they were too old and hard as a rock. First impression from Jinyu YH12 is that they are very quiet and comfortable, with good dry grip and road feedback. I never push the car to the limit so cant say nothing about progressiveness. Yet to try them in wet condition and to see how they wear, after i will decide if i will buy again, but so far so good. The only thing against is their name. Not realy nice for europian buyers as the chinese brands have bad name on the market. The company should think about changing it. Will come back with update for the wear and the wet grip.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2014