Kenda Emera A1

The Kenda Emera A1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 94% over 900 miles driven.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 7th of 45 tyres

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 19th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance, short dry braking.
  • Negative - Understeer during dry handling, very poor wear.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kenda Emera A1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kenda Emera A1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kenda Emera A1 Review

Given 91% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 600 spirited miles
Bought these tyres very recently to replace my badly worn Pirellis at the front of my Jaguar XF. I've had good results from other budget brands in the past so had no hesitation in buying tyres made by a relatively unheard of company (a quick search revealed that they've been in business for over 60 years and a Finnish tyre test last year rated these very highly) To buy 2 of these tyres cost significantly less than the cost of a single tyre from a well known brand. The day after fitment I needed to do a long run from London to Bolton and back, going north I came off the motorway to enjoy a more scenic route through the Derbyshire dales and peak district. At this point the weather was relatively dry and the grip was just fine through the hills and winding roads. I did detect a slight hint of under steer in some of the sharper bends, certainly not concerned by this it was easily compensated for. I did the return journey on motorway only as the weather was dreadful, torrential rain all the way home for over 200 miles. These tyres had no grip problems at all in the wet and not once did I suffer any aquaplaning (there was a lot of standing water on the M1, I stayed in the fast lane for well over 100 miles) The road noise from these tyres is better than the pirellis that I had before, and I have not noticed any significant drop in MPG over this trip. These cost me £55 each and I am very pleased with them, will definitely buy them again. Bear in mind that in this instance they were fitted to the front wheels of a rear wheel drive vehicle, they may behave differently if they are also used for propulsion.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2019

Latest Kenda Emera A1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kenda Emera A1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Emera A1.

Given 96% while driving a Subaru 2011 Impreza WRX STI (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Very good tyres. Grips well. A lot more quiet and sharper cornering feedback than my old bridestone potenza.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2019