Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23

The Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23 is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 324,810 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23 Review

Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 60,000 average miles
I mostly used on highway and got it over 90,000km and still can use at least another 15,000km before I change to Toyo PROXES CF2. City drive is okay but on highway especially wet road condition can feel it float on water rather than cut through. The tire feel is hard and not comfort.
Overall if you are city drive and not a racer, don't see another wrong with it but if you can spend a bit more for a more comfortable and safety tire. Why not then..
117 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2016

Latest Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kenda KOMET PLUS KR23 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the KOMET PLUS KR23.

Given 69% while driving a Daihatsu coure (155/70 R12 S) on mostly country roads for 70,000 average miles
i have been using komet plus kr23 Kenda Radial tyres on my Daihatsu Cuore since last 3 years.. i am satisfied with its performance , grip and looks.
the city roads are rough and tough but it stills manages to complete 3 to 3.5 years.
recommended for normal usage.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Hyundai I10 (165/60 R14 H) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Four new tyres were needed at the wrong time, due to premature perishing of Kumho Solus KH17 after two years. Kenda Komets were reluctantly fitted and are abysmal. Grip is OK, but the amount of heat generated after a long run is worrying. Fuel economy has dipped by 4mpg at motorway speeds and, during hard cornering, it feels as though the tyres will come off their rims. This is despite inflating by 3psi over the recommended maximum. The tyres are marked M+S and do seem passable in the winter. The I10 has always performed decently in the snow. I'll switch to a decent brand soon. At 15,000 miles a year, the increase in economy will probably pay a decent chunk of tyres' cost.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 41% while driving a Kia Motors Rio 2 (195/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
My mechanic put these on, because I forgot to remind him I prefer a mid range. They are the worst tyres I have ever had. My Kia 1.5 diesel puts down a lot of power in first, and these tyres cannot cope when pulling away unless you are going straight. At roundabouts and t junctions they are prone to spinning even in the dry, and it is impossible to avoid that from happening in the wet. Twice I have almost lost control on a roundabout. luckily at low speed. I would steer clear of these, they are unsafe.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
I am a customer from India and recently I changed my tyres to Kenda Radial Komet KR23 on my Duster RXL [215/65/R16].
This is my first review after 1200 KMs drive. The drive includes combined road conditions with highways and village roads.
Dry Grip:- Tires have very high road grip and it impacts fuel efficiency as well. On my previous Apollo Apterra, Vehicle was well enough to give a FE of 20 KMPL on Diesel on highways. But now it doesn't give more than 18KMPL now. But It may change with reduced luggage and improved fuel quality.
Wet Grip:- On rainy days, I was comfortable at speeds 80 KMPH and on braking, vehicle responded very well. But didn't experience any emergency braking so far.
Noise and comfort:- The tires have surprisingly very low noise on any road condition. Provides excellent passenger comfort on potholes and humps. Steering response and cornering [ I never avoid a chance for cornering ] grips are awesome.
From my experience with 5 days driving, I like the tires except on the Fuel Efficiency. I would like to hear on the fuel efficiency, if anybody experienced the same.
My review is based on my experience with Apollo Apterra and I have taken in account the reduced pricing of Kenda Radial Komet KR23. Your vehicle may perform better with other brand tires. Apollo was excellent for road grip, comfort and cornering in the initial days and when it came to end of tire life [40K - 52K], the tires were really bad on passenger comfort,Braking and handling [with tread remaining]
18 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Mitsubishi magna (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
Whilst I was a copper, I drove different vehicles on different tyres in situations that the average driver would never do (or at least never have a need to do). I began using Kendas on my own medium sized cars (magna, cressida, commodore, falcon) and found them to be much better than most. The grip, wear and ride are much better the avergae 'big brand' tyres. If any tyre is pushed harder than we did, then they shouldn't be driving. I don't know how well Kendas stand up on large cars (fairlane etc) as I never got a chance to fit some before trading my NC in. On both highway and city driving I like them. On the 'down' side, like Yokohamas they do wear a little quicker than most of the harder compound tyres but provide better grip and comfort. With any tyre, regular pressure checking will improve the performance and life of the tyre.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2016