Kumho Crugen HP91

The Kumho Crugen HP91 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

The Crugen HP91 replaces the KL17. The HP91 features an asymmetric tread pattern combined with four wide circumferential grooves. Its silica-enhanced compound results in improved wet weather handling and braking, and a rolling resistance Kumho states is comparable to that of most passenger car tyres. The product’s other major attributes include strong high speed stability, low wear rates, and better resistance to aquaplaning. The HP91 is manufactured in in V, W and Y speed ratings and is available in sizes to fit, for example, the Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque, BMW X5 and X3, and Volvo XC90 and XC60.

This tyre replaced the Kumho Ecsta X3 KL17 ASYMMETRIC

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 40,000 miles driven.

2018 All Road 265/60 R18 4x4 Tyre Test - 5th of 8 tyres

• Positive - High grip on sand and mud, balance in the wet, well priced.
  • Negative - Slow steering and understeer in the dry.
  • Overall - Satisfactory.

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good comfort and low noise, high traction on grass and dirt, low price
  • Negative - Average grip on wet and dry roads

2015 Off Road SUV 4x4 Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

• Positive - High resistance to aquaplaning, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Average handling and long braking distances on wet surfaces
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Crugen HP91
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Crugen HP91. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Crugen HP91 Review

Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/50 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres to our Ford Kuga 09. I can't fault them at all. We have done over 10k miles on them and they don't appear to be wearing at all. The car has never slid or spun on them. We have been off the road with them although not serious off roading obviously. I did think they were noisy initially but it turned out to be a wheel bearing so no complaints from noise. I wanted to fit michelins as I have them on my works van but the cost difference was too great, I am glad I didn't now. Don't be put off by the name, a really good mid price tyre.
63 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017

Latest Kumho Crugen HP91 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Crugen HP91 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Crugen HP91.

Given 87% while driving a Ford Kuga (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Having used Kumho Ecsta model which this tyre replaced I don't expect these to last long, however it's generally a toss up between grip and longevity with tyres and grip is far more important to me. These perform brilliantly with excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions, feedback is excellent as is handling with only a little roll when cornering hard. Compared to the Michelin Primacy tyres these replaced they are extremely comfortable, giving a much smoother drive with less noise. I did less than 100 miles on the Michelin tyres so can't really compare the other qualities.

I have marked these down for wear based on previous experience but will update my rating in time if required.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/55 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
I've been buying Kumho tyres for my cars for well over 10 years now. My most recent purchase of Crugen HP91s has made me reconsider buying them in the future. In terms of grip, handling, comfort and feedback there was nothing out of the ordinary. However these appeared to wear a lot quicker than any other Kumhos I've had before. They lasted just 15 months (12,000 miles) before my car failed the MOT on them. I've owned the same car for 3 years, and prior to the Crugen HP91s it had the tyres that were fitted by the previous owner, which lasted well over 2 years and 20,000 miles with me.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 83% while driving a Subaru XV 2.0 D (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
tyres were supplied new with the car and from the first drive the tyres were great for handling dry and wet weather used for one bad winter and the tyres worked well in the snow and ice. a little bit of tyre roll on fast cornering. over all a pretty good tyre just disappointed at how quick the tyre wore out .
3 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2018
Ford (235/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Replaced original continentals on my Ford Kuga. Far better in every respect. Just drove 200 miles in snow and behaved impeccably. Will definitely be buying again.
18 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Land Rover Evoque (225/55 R19) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I have never used KUMHO tyres before. Korean tire manufacturers are relatively lesser known than its European and American counterparts. Nonetheless, I decided to try as the price is very attractive. The tyre performed way beyond my expectation. The wear quality was excellent, road noise was significantly reduced compared to the Conti tyres that came with the Range Rover Evoque. I have far greater confidence on wet conditions. Simply a excellent value proposition for a tyre at this price. I highly recommend it.
14 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2017