Kumho Ecowing ES01 KH27

Kumho Ecowing ES01 KH27 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 91% while driving a Toyota Corona (195/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 50,000 spirited miles
very good tyres on Toyota fielder. I have done 50,00km but still have some threat to roll on. Weaker Sidewall for the Kenyan roads king-potholes. generally they are very good tyres. good value for money.
21 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX (195/60 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 3,000 spirited miles
Best Choice tyres
26 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2017
Given 95% while driving a Kia Motors Cerato Forte (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 40,000 miles
Very comfortable tyres and have good traction control
25 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2017
Given 66% while driving a Vauxhall (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
These have to be the worst tyres I have ever owned. In the dry they are fantastic, low noise, good grip and great fuel economy. In the wet if you are cornering or pulling away they slip and slide all over the place. In a straight line they seem to disperse the water as there rating seems to suggest. I have no confidence in them when negotiating bends and if you push them at all when cornering you start to drift across the road rather disconcerting at motorway speeds. I definitely would not buy again.
28 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
Given 29% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had them on Nissan Qashqai for 6 months during the summer (British summer). Have slid more times on these tyres than any literature ever. Been driving for 25years never slid until fitting these. Can't take a large roundabout at 30mph. I am changing back to Yokahama in October. I would not trust these even in mild British winter.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2015
Given 45% while driving a Volkswagen TakeUp (165/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
I had these fitted to my VW Up and after the second skid on a damp roundabout, I replaced them with proper tyres. The tyres were dangerous. I have in 18 year never had a skid, except on ice due to driver error. About a month after replacing all my tyres, I was going acorss a very wide and damp roundabout, about to exit, and I lost control of the rear. The car spun 180 degrees and came off the road. I was going no faster than other cars, about 30mph, and the driving was smooth. By some miracle I did not hit another car, or a lamp post. Three weeks later, going round a smaller damp roundabout, at 20mph, the same speed as the car in front, I lost the rear again. This time I was able to regain control. Even on a dry road the steering felt wooly, and I had the sensation sometimes of the tyres sliding. I put on some decent premium tyres, and the improvement is dramatic. The car was originally supplied new with Hankook Kinergy tyres which were fine. The KH27 tyres I had are not fit for purpose. Note that straight line braking was fine. But transverse grip on a damp road was very poor. I owned these for about three months, which was three months too long. Kumho asked for them back, so perhaps they were faulty. Note that the front and back were from two batches, since I had the rear ones fitted a few weeks after the front ones. At the time of the first skid I had done maybe 1,000 miles.
19 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2015
Given 75% while driving a Mazda mx 5 (185/60 R14 R) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Only just got these tyres a few days ago, so I can't speak for some of the categories.
Initial impression is very good, its been chucking it down since I got the tyres fitted and the wet grip is much much better than with the previous set of Conti's.
Its quieter and smoother with a nice amount of feedback.

So far well worth the change.
112 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015