Kumho Ecsta 712

The Kumho Ecsta 712 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 52% over 150,250 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Kumho Ecsta 712
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta 712
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Ecsta 712. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Ecsta 712 Review

Given 70% while driving a Audi TT (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
GOOD ALL ROUND TYRE FOR PRICE, VERY GOOD IN SNOW.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2010

Latest Kumho Ecsta 712 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta 712 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecsta 712.

Honda Civic (195/50 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 31,250 spirited miles
This is my old tyre from 2002, buy this with new set of wheels for my 6. gen Civic sedan, it's long how I not drive this tyres so will try to be objective about review.
First I don't know that this is all season tyre and not summer, when this tyre is be new is have good handling on dry and averge on wet, I must take off this tyres after 5 years because almost crash my car on road wet buy fog, is become very unpredictable and slippery, almost like last 3 to 4mm lyre is made of plastic or maybe is just troug 5 year of use it's become older and "less tyres" .
0 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2015
GOOD ALL ROUND TYRE FOR PRICE, VERY GOOD IN SNOW.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2010
Given 70% while driving a Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo (245/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 16,000 average miles
The factory fitment is Yokohama Advans. They were replaced by a set of these Korean tyres by the previous owner just before I purchased the car. I immediately noticed how inferior (dry grip in particular) they were to the Bridgestone Potenza SO2 on my earlier model GTO I had been driving for 4 years. Two of the Kumho were failed at 21,000km at the six-monthly vehicle inspection for being "out of round" with 5mm+ tread still left. The remaining two have 2.5mm tread remaining at 26,000km. The tyres have been rotated at 8000km intervals.
For the price the 712 is an adequate high performance tyre for general city & motorway driving, but remembering how good the Bridgestone SO2 were, do not inspire great confidence for spirited driving on New Zealand's generally narrow & twisting chip seal surfaced secondary roads.
Replaced the "faulty" 712s under warranty with Kumho Ecsta KU31 which rate similarly. Am about to replace the last two 712s with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s and am hoping for a better outcome.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2010
Given 45% while driving a SEAT Toledo (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Got these tyres as part of a alloy/tyre package, not the worst tyre I have had experience with but not great either. Dry grip seems fine in an average car always hed well, though never pushed the car too far. Wet grip I found quite bad with the rear kicking out even at fairly low speeds around corners and roundabouts. The ride is also quite firm and I immediately noticed a drop in mpg as soon as tyres were fitted.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2010
Given 40% while driving a Toyota Altezza RS200Z (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had these on the rear of my car when I brought it. They made for lots of fun around town wet or dry as you could skid up anywhere but on the open road they're just plain scary. In the wet the rear would slide out at 100km/h. I have since replaced them with Bridgestone Potenza RE001 which are far superior.

Spend a little more & get a better tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2010