Kumho Ecsta KU39

Show all: Kumho tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Kumho Ecsta KU39 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 90 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 959,720 miles driven.

Kumho Ecsta KU39

72%

82%

80%

Kumho Ecsta KU39 Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 90 20v Quattro (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 24,000 spirited miles
Used on my Audi 90 Quattro, 24,000 miles in last 18 months, great tire and perform well in the corners and wet, really can't fault and might buy again depending on price of others
tyre reviewed on July 31, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (225-45-17-)
i still use them on my Audi 235/40/18 and i can say only the sidewall is not as hard as need to be for low profile tire but otherwise very happy !
I drove them for 30k km which i think is not that bad - still above 3mm left so i hope they will do 40k km
Apart from the side wall i can say they are very good ! Nearly time for new tires and i'm planning to try something else but may go again for them - 90 quid fully fitted - i can't go wrong !
Buy with confidence!
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Looking to buy the Kumho Ecsta KU39? Click here to search for the best price for the Kumho Ecsta KU39 or any other tyre.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Got 4 of these to replace the cheap budgets that were on my new (to me anyway) car when I bought it. Doing a mix of motorway & city driving & I can't praise these enough.

Dry grip is good, like others have said wet isn't as good but 100% better than the tyres that were on before!! I don't understand people complaining about wear, I've just done 10k with mine on & they've hardly moved, still plenty of life in them (6mm)

tyre reviewed on June 19, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328i (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Let it be said that I never wanted Kumho tyres on my car. I was a horrendous brand snob until I got these.

Dry grip- second only to Bridgestone RE050s. That is very high praise from me. These tyres stood up to twisty roads well into triple figures and were utterly confidence inspiring. They managed speed runs at 160+mph on the German autobahns and never showed signs of blowing out or failing (or I probably wouldn't be here today). They also took on track days and were phenomenal.

Wet grip- still very good, but definitely less grippy and not very progressive with it. They had a tendency to 'snap'- comical the first few times, irritating from that point on unless I was provoking the car.

Wear rate was incredibly good. I had them on my car for many thousands of miles, and they refused to show signs of wear at the front... but they wore at the back, eventually. Took them a while though.

Road noise was acceptable, they were comfortable. The only thing I will say is that they are not progressive. They grip and they grip and they grip and then suddenly you're backwards, with very little warning.

Overall, great tyres that I'd happily have again.
tyre reviewed on June 14, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
I've got these on my personal/company car. Ill start by saying i drive quite aggressively and usually floor it away from the lights. These were on the rear axle of my 525d and lasted 4 months for me (15,000) miles.
In the dry, they are great...though my car isnt that powerful (177BHP) they are very grippy and progressive. In the wet, they often break traction before the continentals on the front, would i buy again? Yes!
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 S line (225-45-17-)
If you know the characteristics of your cars handling very good tyre , I find them better if inflated to maximum recommendation for your car ,
tyre reviewed on June 3, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford focus c-max 2.0 tdci (205-55-16-W)
Good value for money.
tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Budget tyres IMO, not fantastic in the dry, not bad in the wet but gives you a false sense of security of just how much grip you have and when you loose grip on them its sudden and sharp.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen passat w8 4motion (235-35-19-)
Have these tyres on my w8 Passat and for the first 5 months awesome. Lots of feedback and pretty good grip in most conditions. Now snow in sunny qld so can't comment there. Lost two tyres on the front cruising at 110kph inside tyre wall blew out on both tyres not at the same time thankfully. Anyone else had this issue? Are they known for soft tyre walls? I still have two on the rear which seem to be ok at this stage but am unsure if I'll ever buy them again. Didn't get to test them on the track on the front as they blew before I made it.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225-35-18-)
Great all rounder for < £100/each fitted. Wet grip is good but under hard acceleration can feel a bit 'wanting'
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: