Kumho Ecsta KU39

Show all: Kumho tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Kumho Ecsta KU39 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 95 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 1,002,720 miles driven.

Kumho Ecsta KU39

Kumho Ecsta KU39 Reviews

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D Coupe (255-30-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
Second time I've used this tyre on two different cars, the result both times....awesome. Switched from nasty run flats to these and have them on all corners, car grips well in all conditions. Dry grip rate is outstanding, you can feel the tyres biting as you accelerate and push into corners, equally in the wet they won't let you down, they heat up quickly offering extra grip! One thing I didn't realise was the lack of rim protection, my alloys are £550 a piece from BMW and although I'm extremely careful when parking a flange protector wouldn't have been a bad thing.
Only had these on for 2k so far and still looking as new, would definitely buy these again, a great tyre for a fraction of the price of the bigger brands.
tyre reviewed on October 31, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d e60 m sport (225-45-17-)
I really rate these tyres, I used to swear by continental sport contacts but just couldn't justify the price and quick wear on a bigger tyre. These are almost as good, not quite as progressive but unless you are really pushing it's not an issue. Wear much better than continentals, I've had them on the back for about 8000 miles now and they're showing very little sign of wear. Just got both fronts replaced as well and they make a huge difference.
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015
Looking to buy the Kumho Ecsta KU39? Click here to search for the best price for the Kumho Ecsta KU39 or any other tyre.
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Holden commodore (225-45-17-)
These tyres are definitely a great option but left more to be desired. when they heat up they become a bit unpredictable, and on a heavy car they exaggerate body roll. They definitely have extremely high levels of grip in a variety of good and bad conditions but seem to be a bit funny when cornering. I probably wouldn't buy these again, but definitely a solid choice of people who like/ need streched tyres.
tyre reviewed on September 13, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-R)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio RS200 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Great tyres, they have 95% performance and life a premium Conti/Goodyear tyre but at 50% of the cost. Have had these on cars before and have lasted well, the grip in dry is excellent and wet is very good. The only negative is they are a slihtly bit noisy than others but not very noticable.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 90 20v Quattro (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 24,000 spirited miles
Used on my Audi 90 Quattro, 24,000 miles in last 18 months, great tire and perform well in the corners and wet, really can't fault and might buy again depending on price of others
tyre reviewed on July 31, 2015
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (225-45-17-)
i still use them on my Audi 235/40/18 and i can say only the sidewall is not as hard as need to be for low profile tire but otherwise very happy !
I drove them for 30k km which i think is not that bad - still above 3mm left so i hope they will do 40k km
Apart from the side wall i can say they are very good ! Nearly time for new tires and i'm planning to try something else but may go again for them - 90 quid fully fitted - i can't go wrong !
Buy with confidence!
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Got 4 of these to replace the cheap budgets that were on my new (to me anyway) car when I bought it. Doing a mix of motorway & city driving & I can't praise these enough.

Dry grip is good, like others have said wet isn't as good but 100% better than the tyres that were on before!! I don't understand people complaining about wear, I've just done 10k with mine on & they've hardly moved, still plenty of life in them (6mm)

tyre reviewed on June 19, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328i (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Let it be said that I never wanted Kumho tyres on my car. I was a horrendous brand snob until I got these.

Dry grip- second only to Bridgestone RE050s. That is very high praise from me. These tyres stood up to twisty roads well into triple figures and were utterly confidence inspiring. They managed speed runs at 160+mph on the German autobahns and never showed signs of blowing out or failing (or I probably wouldn't be here today). They also took on track days and were phenomenal.

Wet grip- still very good, but definitely less grippy and not very progressive with it. They had a tendency to 'snap'- comical the first few times, irritating from that point on unless I was provoking the car.

Wear rate was incredibly good. I had them on my car for many thousands of miles, and they refused to show signs of wear at the front... but they wore at the back, eventually. Took them a while though.

Road noise was acceptable, they were comfortable. The only thing I will say is that they are not progressive. They grip and they grip and they grip and then suddenly you're backwards, with very little warning.

Overall, great tyres that I'd happily have again.
tyre reviewed on June 14, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
I've got these on my personal/company car. Ill start by saying i drive quite aggressively and usually floor it away from the lights. These were on the rear axle of my 525d and lasted 4 months for me (15,000) miles.
In the dry, they are great...though my car isnt that powerful (177BHP) they are very grippy and progressive. In the wet, they often break traction before the continentals on the front, would i buy again? Yes!
tyre reviewed on June 6, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: