Kumho Ecsta LE Sport

The Kumho Ecsta LE Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 315,378 miles driven.

2018 Auto Review 225/45 R17 Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

2015 AMS Performance Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distance on dry roads
  • Negative - Poor resistance to aquaplaning, poor dry handling, high rolling resistance

2013 Auto Review Performance Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - High resistance to aquaplaning, low rolling resistance, price
  • Negative - Grip on wet and dry roads, handling on wet and dry roads
  • Overall - The Kumho Ecsta LE Sport is most disappointing on wet roads. This applies to the braking, and the reactions to the actions of the wheel. Dry running isn't much better, with poor high speed stability. Good resistance to aquaplaning gives the Kumho some plus points.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Ecsta LE Sport Review

Given 79% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (225/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 50,000 average miles
Bought these to replace the Conti Sport Contacts which were OEM fitments and the only real differences for "normal" driving are that the Kuhmo's are cheaper and last longer so overall much better value
40 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2015

Latest Kumho Ecsta LE Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecsta LE Sport.

Given 93% while driving a BMW Z4 3.0Si (255/30 R19) on mostly country roads for 800 spirited miles
I bought these to replace a worn pair of Nexen's on a Z4 3.0Si I've not long had, the Nexen's were great so I done some research instead of just buying the usual premium brand, The Kumho rears have been on for roughly 800 miles now and I cant believe the level of grip from a so called budget tyre. I recently had a very spirited club run in some pretty horrible weather and despite the majority of the group twitching all over the road I had no issues at all.

The wear level may be worse than premium brands (will find out in due course) but for budget price and premium performance I'll be sticking to these from now on.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 44% while driving a Mercedes Benz E250CDI Coupe Automatic (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 30 easy going miles
I have just changed the Kumho tyres after 2 years and 30k the rear didn’t last quite as long as the front, being a rear wheel drive car. Generally an average tyre that doesn’t perform beyond expectations. The front pair, changed today for Firestone’s, had 3.5 mm left but were castellated and we’re becoming noisy. It is only now with the Firestone’s that I notice the difference. The drive now is quieter, smoother and the steering is lighter.
The Kumhos were £90 each fitted, I wouldn’t buy them again as there are better tyres for the same money or a few quid more (Firestones £100 fitted): I suppose getting 30k I shouldn’t knock them but I don’t drive with too much enthusiasm so I can’t really rate wet and dry performance and I would expect that sort of mileage from any tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2018
Looking for the best all season tyre? Watch this video!
Given 96% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 177bhp quattro (255/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Had these fitted since laat april almost a year. Fantastic in the dry. And excellent in wet albeit on my quattro. But i find i can still push and push and cant fault them. Definately buy again
2 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Alfa Romeo 1.9 JTD M (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
I have these tyres for my Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTD. I bought them one year ago and i'm very happy with them. Why? Well... The tyres are quiet. A lot of grip. And the wear is good. Some people in this review complain about the grip that its not good. I have a message for you; If i drive around 200km/h and i go from left to right, the tyres give you a safe feeling couse i never slipped out of the corner. The same with rain; No unsafe feeling if you go speeding on a corner.

I have these tyres for 50.000km(!) and still a profile on it. Mayby i can reach the 60.000km with it. And i drive most of all sportive. Earlyer i have Toyo Proxes T1R and i driven 15.000 - 20.000km and the tyres are completley gone!!

I want to buy them again for sure!
1 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 cdti vx line (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
20,000 miles and gubbed no hard driving thought i would get more out of them