Kumho Ecsta PS71

The Kumho Ecsta PS71 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 119,385 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 20th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning properties, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Very poor wear, very high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 18th of 45 tyres

2018 Auto Bild 20 inch UHP Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning result, short dry braking, cheap to buy.
  • Negative - Poor wet handling with slow steering and long wet braking distances.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta PS71

Questions and Answers for the Kumho Ecsta PS71

2019-08-19 - Which pressure do You recommend for track. I use 2.9 kg on road.

Start with your road pressure and keep adjusting back to it as the tyres heat up, then you can balance the car once everything is warm.

Top Kumho Ecsta PS71 Review

Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
same kumho problem... balancing & egg shape. 245/45/18 100Y XL
I've always used kumho because the price well reflects in proformance if only they didn't need constant rebalencing.
I've had 4 duff pairs, ku31 x 2 pair, ku 39 x 2 pair that had to come off in the end they were so bad.
No amount of balencing can sort an egg shape tyre.
These new ps71 are very soft, squishy, feel like running on 20psi with 30g wheel wobble even after twice rebalencing them & 1 of them is egg shape.
I am worn out with trying to get them right & think after years of kumho on various different cars I'm giving up on them.
Changing to Dunlop.
I always feel bad going back to the shop to moan they must think it's me lol but kumho have let themselves down & I will say so.
PS71 is more expensive, lower spec & lower quality, not for me, I like a tyre to be not thought about coz it's getting on with it's job instead of feeling there's a 60mph side wind blowing me around & the steering wheel hammering out of ny hands not to mention the amount spent on rebalencing & hanging around tyre shop waiting for my turn.
173 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2017

Latest Kumho Ecsta PS71 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta PS71 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecsta PS71.

Given 50% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Purchased these Kumho’s to try something different, I usual use Conti, Dunlop or Bridgestone.

I found them average in the dry but shocking in the wet. They did not like any patches of water and pulled the car into water spots but then in the dry they felt like any other tyre driving normal but did not take long to reach the limits when driving hard.

I will be going back to my normal choice next time.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Honda Civic SI Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Amazing tires, they work really well. Highly recommended
7 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Very very good tired. Higly recomanded.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 18, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Golk Mk5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Best tyre for that price! Love it
5 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2019
Given 79% while driving a BMW 335d (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyres. Cannot fault in the wet or dry. Will be buying again after my first 8 tyres wear out (on separate high power 2 cars).

Not the most comfortable tyre but then again I run high tyre pressures, the price/cost is excellent and noise levels are perfectly fine to me.

Car is nigh on 380 bhp in power and very close to 553 lb/ft torque and these tyres are great for the price.
11 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2019