Kumho Ecsta XT KU37

Progressiveness 66%
Kumho Ecsta XT KU37

The Kumho Ecsta XT KU37 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 72,550 miles driven.

Sorry, the Kumho Ecsta XT KU37 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta XT KU37
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Ecsta XT KU37. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

225/40 R18 £67.75 - £79.96 (5 prices) Compare Prices >>

Kumho Ecsta XT KU37 Reviews

Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR 2.0 TFSI (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
These tyres were on the front of my Seat Leon FR TFSI when I bought it and after 2500 miles mainly in the wet I'm looking forward to changing them. Not a bad tyre in the dry but do scrabble for grip under hard acceleration and cornering. In the wet the tyres lose grip far too easily and fail to inspire any real confidence especially when cornering even on just damp roads.
On the plus side road noise is minimal, they drive well, don't suffer badly from changes in road surface and at least when they start to lose grip it is progressive.
The wear seems average for the use and is probably made worse by the lack of grip.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi a3 s line (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Only done about 500 miles on these tyres so far but I couldn't be happier. Just got sick of putting cheap Chinese tyres on my audi which is always false economy.Still getting a bit of road noise,but I still have crap tyres on the back so it's probably coming from them. Price wise they are mid range (about £75 each. Haven't found the limit of the grip yet in the dry or the wet as that's not the style I drive. Would recommend this tyre to anybody who is after value and quality.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2015
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Having bought a Golf R32 these are terrible. These were on the car from purchase, but getting to the point of pulling off for a set of Michelin PSS
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche BOXSTER 2.7 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
These were on the Boxster 2.7 from the used car dealer - previous owners choice. I have only driven around 100miles and they do not inspire any sort of feedback in steering - just hope people behind dont think I am a "granny" Wouldnt buy them myself, having had a z4 with Falken's and they were inspiring
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Superb II 4x4 2.0tdi (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
very BAD
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra R 225 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Great tyre for the price of £71 a corner. Instantly felt a difference in cornering stability on my Leon Cupra R, from the previous Conti's.
Not pushed hard in the wet yet, but moderate speeds are good with minimal wheelspin.
Deffo recommend as a cheaper contender to the high end tyres.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2013
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Bora Tdi Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2013
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Car is very nervous in damp conditions, you can easily lose the front end on roundabouts. In the dry they are good. They have noticeable wear after only a couple of thousand miles, wish i hadn't been tight and bought the Uniroyal rainsport 2s I have on my Golf!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2012
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 450 easy going miles
fitted these on and had them for about 600kms already. quieter than my previous yokohamas and comfortable as well. gives me decent feedback, probably still new. loads of confidence in straight line driving situations and will update once again as the tyre breaks in. overall great value for money and will recommend these
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2012
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
I have Kumho ku37 tyres fitted to the front of my Audi TT, I have covered approx 4000 miles on them with minimal tyre wear and I feel they perform every bit as well if not better than the Pirelli Pzero Rosso's they have replaced. I would definitely buy them again.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2012