Kumho IZen KW27

The Kumho IZen KW27 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 290,800 miles driven.

2014 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 13th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good traction and short braking distances on snowy roads. Good aquaplaning scores
  • Negative - Understeer in the wet, long dry braking, average wear

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 11th of 48 tyres

2009 Sport Auto Performance Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning performance. Safe, understeer bias in the wet and snow
  • Negative - Poor wet and snow grip levels
265/35 R18 97V   C E 73
245/40 R18 97W   C E 75
235/45 R18 98V   C E 75
225/40 R19 93V   C C 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho IZen KW27. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho IZen KW27 Review

Given 100% while driving a Maserati Granturismo (275/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 55,000 average miles
Best winter tyre on to date. Perfect for 350+ bhp cars. Faultless winter traction on ice and snow and pretty impressive in normal driving conditions all the way up to 175mph.
Fuel efficiency is impressive and they have worn very well. Braking when wet and cold is also impressive.
perfect for the safe drivers and true petrol heads alike
41 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2014

Latest Kumho IZen KW27 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho IZen KW27 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the IZen KW27.

Given 86% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Saloon (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,500 average miles
Overall an excellent tyre - especially good on winter roads - these are winter tyres after all! I've driven in the UK and across the continent to Germany and back in deepest winter. I've driven in the high hills north of Frankfurt with steep snow covered roads and tracks and found the adhesion excellent. No comparison with my usual Michelin summer tyres which would be comparitely useless in these conditions. Normal driving/roadholding is good with a little less steering response than my Michelins - they feel a little softer when changing direction but nothing untoward. In the wet they are not as good as my Michelins but then I did buy them for snow/ice/winter use - especially for the Continent and Germany. They wear well for a softer compound and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Given 79% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 V) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
I have drived for 1000 miles under the heavy winter conditions(snow-ice etc.) The tires suprised me with their performance. With this price, kw27 is the best option for the big wheel cars. highly recommended.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 19, 2016
Given 84% while driving a Honda CRV (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I had these on all 4 wheels on a Honda CRV 2.2 4x4. I used them to replace two sets of contis that only lasted about 9k each. Had these on all year round for 3 years done nearly 30k and they were still going strong when I traded the car - therefore wear was excellent. Driving was good in wet and dry, saved me in the snow on several occasions allowing me to pass stranded proper 4x4'S. I was so impressed that I then put them on my next car an AUDI A4 all road again they performed well but I only had the car for 12 months before twins forced the sale for another new version CRV which when the current yokohamas give up the ghost - which I am guessing wont be long then I will go back to the Kumho's.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2016
Given 60% while driving a CitroŽn DS4 (225/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
This winter I have had these on all 4 wheels my Citroen DS4 and I'm surprised I've not had a major crash yet. If I hit water on the motorway between 70-80 mph the aqua plane and loss of control and feel is so frightening,tonight once again I lost the back end! at first I thought it must be me but it has happened so many times now that I'm going to remove them before I crash. Last year I had them only in the front and it did not seem to be so bad but this year it's a bargain I just can't afford to keep, a real shame as in the dry and at speed they behave quite well and a great price for a car like mine with oversized wheels.
11 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2015