Kumho Road Venture M/T KL71

The Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 100,123 miles driven.

2016 All Terrain and Off Road MT Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Overall - Kumho still can't compete with market flagship, and had poor dry braking in particular.
195/0 R15 100Q XL   G F 76
285/75 R16 126Q   F C 77
205/80 R16 104Q XL   G F 76
235/85 R16 120Q   F E 78
265/70 R17 121Q   F C 78
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 Review

Given 76% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Classic (265/70 R16) on mostly country roads for 40,000 easy going miles
Norway, Arctic Russia, Siberia, Kazakhstan steppe...all in winter, these tyres managed everything I threw at them...only had to go to chains in the deepest off-road snow...Noisy on the tarmac but then my truck is modified with little soundproofing...Handled the sand and stone of the central deserts of Syria, Turkey, and Jordan's Wadi Rum easily...mud and wet sand with ease...My truck is for expeditions first, road driving second so I can't say whether they would be any use on a suburban SUV but if you want a 30% road 70% off-road tyre...then this beats all comers.
25 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2013

Latest Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Road Venture MT KL71.

Given 88% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (285/75 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
i just but these on Kuhmo KL71 285/75/16 and i'm very impressed. i drove across the cape from kowanyama to cairns on them yesterday, the 1st 200 k were in a storm and and on wet gravel and mud at 38psi was a bit slippery on the newly topped gravel.but ate the mud for breakfast. once i got to the dry high speed dirt and gravel. they were fantastic. bends where i'd normally be tip toeing round and tailing out at 70kph i was taking at 90 with ease and holding firm. when i got to cairns it was raining again but going down the kuranda range was like driving in the dry; on the trip back 1 dropped my tyre pressure to 28psi when i got to the wet gravel and what i found slippery earlier in the day, i had no trouble with. easily the best tyre i've ever had or driven on off road or on a 4wd on road
4 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 86% while driving a Land Rover Defender (235/85 R16) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
these are great tyres just bought another set foe my landrover defender but gone bigger size good on and off road
7 - tyre reviewed on September 21, 2014
25 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Nissan patrool y61 (225/45 R15 P) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
best tires for what I am trying. I ride a lot of off-road dirt and asphalt in fact have never driven on snow, but soon to try out :)
0 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2012
Given 64% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (275/75 R15 Q) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
This is the 3rd set I have run on, the first 2 set succeeded in surprising me at the ability to handle anything I chucked at them.
Wear is exceptional for a directional tyre, even the tread laying on the road gave considerable feedback with surprisingly little road noise for a mud tyre.
Even on their last legs they performed as they did new.
In the dry they were superb gripping like mad on the road and off road wow, the best tyre I have ever been on.
In the wet they gripped just as well as in the dry and surprisingly the tyres gave you the confidence to drive on anything and I did just that, snow, mud, rocks, grass, tarmac and even river beds, you name it they held up to the challenge passing every time.
So good I bought a 3rd set which are now on the motor and thats where it has all gone wrong...
I dont know what has happened with this set, 1stly I had diffaculty obtaining them and then they wouldnt balance properly,it was found one tyre of the set was 'deformed' as the garage put it.
There is somewhat considerably more road noise than my other 2 sets and they rumble along on tarmac vibrating every nobble on the tyre through the steering wheel.
(Yes they are correctly fitted, yes they are at the correct pressures and yes they are on the correct rotation direction and no there is nothing wrong with steering or suspension) they just arent the same tyres as the other 2 sets.
I did managed to get a puncture through the side wall (a massive piece of sharply pointed wood I could have put 3 fingers into the hole) I could not get a new tyre anywhere in the country, I was informed by Kumho that there was only 6 tyres available in the country and a new delivery wouldnt be in for another 2 weeks so I ended up running around without a spare for a time until the local dealer managed to get one for me.
No good when you need a tyre - a national shortage.
The wear isnt even on all 4 tyres and they haven't done as many miles either.
I have done nothing different to this set than the other 2 sets before - I cant wait to get this set off my motor (sometime this year I hope) this set is the worst tyre I have ever driven on!
Whats happened to the tyres I havent a clue but what I do know is I wont be buying a 4th set with all the problems I have had.
Ask me before this set of tyres I have now and I would have said they were the best tyre in the world, now I can only say they are the worst.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2011