Kumho Solus HA31

Kumho Solus HA31 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Toyota (235/55 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought as a set for my RAV 4, I use them as I need a decent all season tyre whilst driving from the UK to Germany (where winter tyres are mandatory between October & March) but without having change them as they are all seasons.- have used them before and definitely will once these need replacing.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2019
Given 71% while driving a Audi A4 Quattro 1.9 TDI Avant (235/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
Decided I'd go for these on my winter wheels, I assumed they'd suit the UK better than an out and out winter tyre more suited towards ice, slush and snow capability, (to the detriment of motorway/fast road performance, most of my driving). Wasn't overly impressed last year to be honest but they did do everything reasonably well though.
Didn't have them on in the summer so can't comment, however I put them on a few months back for this winter, and in this recent weather they have been phenomenal!! Yes I drive a quattro, but I've been pulling out stranded cars, vans and even a lorry, the traction was unbelievable, these tyres never missed a beat, really REALLY impressed.
Yes I 'd say they maybe biased towards cold and wet weather performance (awesome in the snow) but they are more than capable of being a full on all year round tyre option, if you only have one set of rims and don't demand the performance required of a sports summer tyre.
13 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2018
Kia Motors (165/60 R14) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Used in heavy snow today, brilliant !
7 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Nissan altima (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Recently put these tires on my 2008 Altima coupe. Cannot believe the snow and ice traction. I have never had dediciated winter tires and always used a good all season tire year round. Usually I get around just fine, but I recently bought this car used with brand new a id envigorntiresnby yokohama. OMG!!! Never had an all season tire perform so poorly in winter in my 40 years of driving in Canadian winters. Was scared shitless to even drive the car, but finally got up enough couage one day to putz up to the tire dealer and see what we could do. Bought the HA31 all weather Kuhmo tire and was a bit nervous as I could not find that many reviews on line. I tell you, I left there in winter conditions, drove all over the city testing the traction, braking, taking fast corners, parking lots with 8 inches of snow, and these tires stuck like glue. I was Giddy, like a kid, slamming on the brakes, trying to get these tires to fail, I couldnt believe it. If this all weather is this good I can only imagine why people put on winter tires. Snow became slush and loads of water, tires were solid, no slipping what so ever. I have driven them on the dry highway, fairly quiet, going on an 800 km trip this weekend so we will see. So far, love the tires and even if I only get 50k kms out of these I will be happy just for the safety. As one writer posted on another site, if I have one accident because of stupid tires, that 1000 dollar deductable just paid for annice set of tires. Buy these, you will not be disappointed. Happy Driving.
21 - tyre reviewed on February 17, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 DI (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Great in snow and wet.I like these tyres in curve and wind.In wind weather feel like there no wind,the car is very stability.
88 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2016
Given 60% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Average in wet and dry. Not had the chance to test on snow yet, but given the last few winters in the UK i think I'll go back to a summer tyre or the CrossClimate next.

Meant to be very good in the snow.
17 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2016