Kumho Solus KH15

The Kumho Solus KH15 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 24 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 240,604 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Kumho Solus KH15
235/50 R18 97V   E C 71
255/60 R18 108H   C C 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Solus KH15. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Solus KH15 Review

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai (185/60 R15) on mostly motorways for 23,500 average miles
Bought the i20 from new with Kumho tyres. After 23500 miles, mostly dual carriage way and motorway, they still had 2 - 3 mm of tread left. Generally I found them very good, even in the snow! The only negative comment was the road noise. Running my second i20 now, fitted with Hankook tyres, road noise is definately reduced. Would I buy them again? Probably.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2011

Latest Kumho Solus KH15 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Solus KH15 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Solus KH15.

Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors Picanto (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 14,375 average miles
Bought a Kia Picanto 2014 brand new, came with Kumho tires. Since new, the tires slip a lot when youre pushing on your throttle, even in low revs. My city has a lot of hills and sloped stop lights, and the traction is not very good when starting to accelerate uphill. Everytime you start moving they will slip, specially if the floor is wet. However, they do no slip for a lot of time, 1 second aftewards it has traction again. But it is annoying that every time you try to start moving, it happens. Does a good job on handling, but sometimes you feel that youre pushing too hard on the tires, about to loose control and actually youre just going about 50km/h on a curve, slightly oversteering I guess. Noise is quite hard, and comfort isnt too good, specially when driving on bumpy roads. I have driven in dirt, pavement and many country side roads with good results afterall. The thing that gets my nerve the most about these tires is the weardown. 22 000 km for these stock tires. Really sucks, I believe that it is because of all that slipping when trying to start from a traffic light. Also, got a flat tire after 2 weeks of using them, not a very big sharp object pierced through one of the tires. Im impressed that some people say they got 60 thousand km from them. very low-average tire in my opinion...
0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2018
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 405 (185/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 43,000 average miles
its a midrange tire.. just for family car.. not bad!
0 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2017
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 30 average miles
These tires had no tread left after 30 000Kms that's not acceptable I think. It didn't have much grip when there was read tho... Kept spinning the tyres, going to get a different tyre don't like then at all
3 - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (205/60 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 10 spirited miles
Excellent tyre for cost. Fitted to front of my pd 130 vow passatt. Simply a good all round tyre and will buy again.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2013
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors Cerato 2 litre auto (Tiptronic) (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 55 average miles
I first rode Kumho on my 2007 Kia Cerato limited (leather option) bought new.
They are Solus KH15
The tyres have been excellent, wearing well. One was replaced early after a puncture, could have been repaired but I decided to fit a new one, bought via a Goodyear depot which I had previously used. Cost NZ$160 fitted.
The rest lasted over 50,000km in mostly stop-start city driving in Auckland New Zealand where many roads are coarse stone-chip surface. Also I was doing commercial real estate meaning I was often in and out of parking buildings negotiating tight spaces which is hard on tyres. Similarly at our residence.
Just before 50,000 the front tyres were looking decidedly worn so I enquired as to replacement to find a local Kumho dealer had two left before changeover to KH17 fitted NZ$120 each. I bought these and took them home for later fitment. These eventually went on 6 months later! The dealer honoured his promise to fit them later. He offered a 50,000km warranty, which involves regular inspectiosn etc at extra cost. I didn't bother. During the final months the tread looked rather worn but there was never any grip problems wet or dry, except for one wheel spinning on an uphill start on a roundabout out of a drain gutter, a lousy dangerous spot. The tyres did get noisier but not nearly as badly as Bridgestone RE92s I had on several Toyota Camrys. They were HORRID tyres. The Bridgestones lost the minor sipes on the shoulders half way through the wear cycle, so half the pattern disappeared as the tyres wore! The Kumhos never did, even the finest grooves were there until the end. Thoroughly recommended. I am told the KH17s are even better, but decided to stay with what I knew and trusted for another 50,000km or so.
I do find modern cars provide very little "seat of the pants" feedback and the Kia is no exception. You cannot "think" it around a corner. Whether the tyres influence this I don't know, but I feel modern chassis are for want of a term "sanitised" to remove any "uncomfortable" feelings for the mass market. The last car I owned which provided proper feedback was my Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 (Cosworth), quite a different piece.
Also I never taken the Kia to the limit..
Kumho = highly recommended.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2012