Kumho Solus KH17

Show all: Kumho tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Kumho Solus KH17 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 506,447 miles driven.

Kumho Solus KH17

74%

71%

70%

Kumho Solus KH17 Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 16v (185-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 easy going miles
not sure how to make the rating for these : (Dry Grip, Wet Grip, Raod feedback, Progressiveness, Wear, Comfort, Buy again), because i have not got others to copare it with - this is my first one.

basically, i have just done the full service and from the vehicle health check, i have still 6mm. however, i have already drove 30,000 miles (yes, 30k. i work everywhere in England regios, travelling 600-800 miles per week, sometimes more)

so, 6mm left after 30000 miles, this should be good?
i dont know.

my car: Valkswagen polo 1.4
i don't normally speed, and went above 80mpg once (from manchester to leeds)

sometimes i do fel a bit of noise when driving on motorway, but again i can't give review as i haven't got otehr to compare.
tyre reviewed on October 6, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Sentra (195-60-15-)
Works fine for me. I just replaced my two front tyres this year.

I needed to change my my front tyres two years ago and decided to get kh17. I was impressed by its performance that I decided to replace the 2 remaining Goodyear tyres I have ( they are due to be replaced anyway ) with them as well. Now I have all four wheels running on kh17 tyres and I have to say I'm impressed. The grip is very good. It's quiet and smooth and gives a comfortable ride. The only issue I have is the side wall that I find soft as compared to my previous tyre. No problem when the car is not full or the trunk is not loaded with stuff, but when it is the rear tyre look flat even if inflated in the recommended psi.

Overall this is a good tyre for me.
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2014
Looking to buy the Kumho Solus KH17? Click here to search for the best price for the Kumho Solus KH17 or any other tyre.

Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Panda (155-80-13-T)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,000 easy going miles
Quite possibly the worst tyre I have ever driven on, and certainly the worst fitment we have ever had on our Fiat Panda (155/80/13). These replaced a set of Uniroyal Rain tyres, which proved to be very predicatable in the dry, and dependable in the wet. These Kumhos, now with 2.5k miles on them, are extremely poor in comparison to both the Uniroyals, Continental and Pirelli tyres I've fitted previously and are even worse than the budget ones the Fiat dealer fitted when we bought the car originally. The tread blocks are far too soft, as are the side walls. At town speeds its like driving on jelly, you can feel the tyres moving around rather than just gripping. On major A roads and motorways they are OK, with lowish road noise, but as soon as you need to move the steering there is just no precision in either feedback or lateral grip. even my partner, who knows pretty much zero about tyre technology, immediately noticed the poor characteristics. I've tried alternign tyre pressures (within sensible limits) and it makes little difference since the tread blocks have insufficient stiffness. I'm seriously considering taking all four off and replacing with Uniroyals again, I just dont' trust the tyres - goodness knows what would happen in an emergency avoidance situation. These are the only Kumho tyres I've bought, and will most definitely be the last. Do yourself a favour, pay £3-5 more and get a Uniroyal or another £10-12 and get a premium tyre.
tyre reviewed on September 15, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 8v (175-60-13-)
I was looking for some replacement tyres, with a smaller sidewall for improved responsiveness and found these within my budget.

At first I was quite unimpressed with the lack of grip, although that could have been toe out related, they felt very hard and solid, after putting a few miles through them, and having the alignment sorted they really came into there own, especially compared to other tyres.

Wet grip was pretty average, and when loaded up you could accurately predict the limit, Dry grip was very good, almost surprising infact, you could really load up the tyre, feel the flex in the steering wheel and just hear it roar slightly in the corners, approaching a chirp as it got to the limit or if you carried too much speed. SO it goes hand in hand that the feedback and progressiveness of these tyres was great, there wasnt a sharp cut off it warned you before hand.

There are a couple of drawbacks, all the luxury of grip and feedback does come at the quick wear rate, I went through a set on the front a lot quicker than I would have liked, at the price they were though, not big money to replace. Road noise wasnt that bad, relatively speaking, but my cabin isnt the best for sound proofing, comfort wise, the sidewalls do flex quite well under load, but you can tell theres stiffness there when tootling over speedbumps etc.

I would reccomend these to anyone looking for a good tyre on a budget.
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Micra (155-70-13-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
Great tyre overall, but after year and a half there was small cracks all over the tyres. Will not buy again for that reason.
tyre reviewed on August 12, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-)
Bought kia rio 2012 1.4 turbo D brand new
just getting mine replaced on front wheels, done 18,000 miles
backs still look new though
i am keeping to the same tyres as were on the car as they are really good
they are just as good as 150 quid + tyres ive had in the past on other cars
they do sometimes get driven hard and they never complain
I can't honestly fault them at £62 each fitted
tyre reviewed on March 31, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Accent (185-65-14-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
Its my car's stock tires! Since i got it from my dealer. until now, still 35% and waiting for another 2000miles to replace it with a new one that i have on my garage. GOOD TYRE FOR ME!!!
tyre reviewed on January 19, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai I10 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 800 average miles
Replaced the Hankooks with Khumo K17's as they are the new OEM replacement tyres for the i10. At 65mph plus, the car started to drone as if a wheel bearing had gone. The chassis, bearings, steering and suspension were all checked and given a clean bill of health. As a last resort the tyres were changed - droning gone. No way to replace or exchange, so will be replaced with something else. Waste of £100, during the 800 miles use I did get before they were found to be U/S, I was not impressed.
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 1.6 16v (185-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
GRRRRRRIIIIIPPPPP!! The grip on these tyres are phenomenal. Usually after pulling away in 1st I get wheelspin but after fitting these my car launches itself down the road. I would definitely recommend these tyres. Great for the price.
tyre reviewed on May 23, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Charade (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 spirited miles
Very easy tyre to drive with, I don't understand the haters, considering every person that has had an issue with tyre wear drives a Hyundai, and everyone else is fine, maybe that's your issue? Buy a quality car... /rant

Dry grip is excellent and the tyres are rather quiet, very little squeel.
Comfortable ride.
Lower road noise than the tyres they replaced.

A lot of tyres feel good in dry conditions but are horrible in the wet, rest assured the KH17s are very decent. Even hitting one tyre on a wet patch under hard braking, the car remains stable and lockup was prevented (no ABS.)

One of the best budget tyres on the market, no question.
tyre reviewed on May 15, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: