Landsail LS388 AS

The Landsail LS388 AS is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 52,662 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 33rd of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail LS388 AS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Landsail LS388 AS Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 405 (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Got a pair of these on the front of my old workhorse Pug around June last year. The car's used mainly for business, carrying stock and tools, and regularly has it's load carrying abilities pushed to the limit.

Since then it's covered 11k miles of local (country roads), some town work, and 3 or 4 long distance motorway trips, including a couple fully loaded with camping gear and with a trailer attached.

Frankly, the tyres were chosen because they were cheap. I didn't expect much from them but needed a couple as the old ones were getting low. I've always taken the view that ditch-finders don't find ditches unless you go looking for them, but these certainly aren't ditch-finders despite only costing about £40 each fully fitted and balanced!

Within a few miles of having them fitted I noticed that they were appreciably quieter than the old Goodyears and seemed at least as responsive. I tend not to intentionally push the grip limits on public roads but did put these "through their paces" just to get an idea of how they'd react.

Grip is plentiful for cornering and braking - they happily gave just over 90% straight-line-dry brake efficiency (measured by Tapley) before complaining and cope well with damp roads and standing water (common around these parts!). Pushed to the limit they give a nice gentle warning back through the wheel, followed by a bit of a squeal, and will regain grip easily unless you just keep pushing.

Admittedly, some of their ability with standing water will be down to the very narrow width by today's standards but that's the size I needed!

Haven't had much of a chance to try out their cold / snow / ice performance but, on the 2 or 3 icy days we've had since, I've had no problem with traction or control even on re-frozen snow "the morning after" an unexpected couple of inches.

Comfort is good, undoubtedly helped by the high (again, by today's standards) profile and noise, as mentioned earlier, has remained pleasantly low - a definite benefit when your car's not as soundproof as most are today!

The one slight downside is that they have a slightly soft compound so wear rates aren't great. That soft compound probably explains a lot of their positive characteristics but, in 11k miles, they've used up about 4mm of tread so will probably end up lasting around 18k miles total. That said, that's on the front, driven, wheels of a fairly heavy diesel that's been used to carry considerable loads around twisty local roads and on motorway at multi-lepton speeds.

As to the "would I buy again" questions - I've just replaced the rears with a pair of the same.
34 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015

Latest Landsail LS388 AS Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS388 AS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the LS388 AS.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT ALhambra TDi (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
My Sest Alhambra uses front tyres every 10,000 miles, whether they are cheap or premium tyres. I was pleasantly surprised that the cheap Landsail lasted 13,000. They have handled fine in all kinds of weather. I haven't seen any ditches in the last year, so don't believe the negative reviews. Fuel economy is just as good as with all previous tyre brands I've tried. So ... I've just put another pair on the front.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 250 spirited miles
These were fitted to my Type R when I bought it and I fully expected to be fighting for grip, but I have been pleasantly surprised to find that they are actually quite good, plenty up to the task of my daily B Road bast to work. Even more surprising was how little tramlining there was even in such a large size, so little it is barely noticeable. They are still quite new so I can't speak for longevity or how well they might perform when worn but so far, I'd happily buy again.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat doblo (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
not bad for the money paid £77 for two fronts fitted a year ago. only done 8k and they're being replaced with Avons / Firestones. We've done over 200k in this model of Doblo in 13 years. There aren't that many XL brands to fit and these cars are heavy on front tyres. todays trip was nearly 63mpg. we've been averaging around 53mpg on Landsil. yes i'd recommend if you need to save pennies. we didn't and i'd rather fuel economy as this is a second car in a low use rural family. runs are either 25 mile or 100 mile round trips. plus maybe four 500 mile round trips a year. was so desperate to have new fitted before the promised snow we took in stock GT Radial City FE1. they initially appear very quiet in comparison to the last year. handle well for braking and initially show 10mpg better. I know this will drop off and will review again when they're end of life! actually enjoyed driving the shed again today as the steering is much less heavy
3 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2018
MINI (195/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Had a pair fitted two weeks . Back. Basically because of price. The tyre is OK . But I found the side wall had to much movement if you pushing along . Made the rear quite unsettled. I'm no racer . But even at 50mph in a bend in the dry the car was not planted as it was before . I'm going to put them on the front because it's quite nervous as it is .
8 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2018