Landsail LS388 AS

The Landsail LS388 AS is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 31,412 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail LS388 AS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Landsail LS388 AS Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 405 (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Got a pair of these on the front of my old workhorse Pug around June last year. The car's used mainly for business, carrying stock and tools, and regularly has it's load carrying abilities pushed to the limit.

Since then it's covered 11k miles of local (country roads), some town work, and 3 or 4 long distance motorway trips, including a couple fully loaded with camping gear and with a trailer attached.

Frankly, the tyres were chosen because they were cheap. I didn't expect much from them but needed a couple as the old ones were getting low. I've always taken the view that ditch-finders don't find ditches unless you go looking for them, but these certainly aren't ditch-finders despite only costing about £40 each fully fitted and balanced!

Within a few miles of having them fitted I noticed that they were appreciably quieter than the old Goodyears and seemed at least as responsive. I tend not to intentionally push the grip limits on public roads but did put these "through their paces" just to get an idea of how they'd react.

Grip is plentiful for cornering and braking - they happily gave just over 90% straight-line-dry brake efficiency (measured by Tapley) before complaining and cope well with damp roads and standing water (common around these parts!). Pushed to the limit they give a nice gentle warning back through the wheel, followed by a bit of a squeal, and will regain grip easily unless you just keep pushing.

Admittedly, some of their ability with standing water will be down to the very narrow width by today's standards but that's the size I needed!

Haven't had much of a chance to try out their cold / snow / ice performance but, on the 2 or 3 icy days we've had since, I've had no problem with traction or control even on re-frozen snow "the morning after" an unexpected couple of inches.

Comfort is good, undoubtedly helped by the high (again, by today's standards) profile and noise, as mentioned earlier, has remained pleasantly low - a definite benefit when your car's not as soundproof as most are today!

The one slight downside is that they have a slightly soft compound so wear rates aren't great. That soft compound probably explains a lot of their positive characteristics but, in 11k miles, they've used up about 4mm of tread so will probably end up lasting around 18k miles total. That said, that's on the front, driven, wheels of a fairly heavy diesel that's been used to carry considerable loads around twisty local roads and on motorway at multi-lepton speeds.

As to the "would I buy again" questions - I've just replaced the rears with a pair of the same.
30 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015

Latest Landsail LS388 AS Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS388 AS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the LS388 AS.

MINI (195/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Had a pair fitted two weeks . Back. Basically because of price. The tyre is OK . But I found the side wall had to much movement if you pushing along . Made the rear quite unsettled. I'm no racer . But even at 50mph in a bend in the dry the car was not planted as it was before . I'm going to put them on the front because it's quite nervous as it is .
4 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2018
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon 2.0 TFSI (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
I bought these tyres for my Seat Leon FR 2.0 tfsi to replace Pirelli summer tyres on the front. I did a lot of research first and would have preferred to have a higher end brand but money is tight so went for these at £84 the pair delivered, from eBay. I have to say I'm extremely impressed! These tyres are barely different from the Pirellis they replaced. They are sturdy to drive on even in this low profile size, not 'squishy' at all. They grip incredibly well in both wet and dry, I was concerned that I might lose some of the handling ability and would have to drive more carefully but I have not had to alter my style at all. I can continue to throw the car about as it was designed for! They cope well on country lanes, town roads and motorways. After having them fitted I attempted to wheel spin off some traffic lights and the tyres did not want to; spinning slightly but easily finding grip and pulling away despite not being worn in yet. Also performed an emergency stop test which was to my satisfaction. For the money these are exceptionally good and well above my expectations. The only time they really lose grip is when I brake hard on a poorly positioned manhole cover on my road in the wet, which sometimes causes my ABS to kick in. An ideal all round budget tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2018
Mercedes Benz A (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
Garage recommendation for my Mercedes A150. I do a lot of motorway driving and these tyres were absolutely terrible. Car felt unresponsive and wobbly. After a month I have had enough. Replaced today with Pirelli’s which feel so much safer.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Modus 1.5Dci Authentique (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Just a short Review, i bought these Landsail 388 after reading reports, i was fed up with paying in excess of £100 per tyre to find they felt second rate, not The premium tyres i had expected, so back to the Landsails, i checked out their website, done my homework and bought a set...... Wonderfull they feel like a premium tyre, great feel, good grip, only done 2000 miles but still look as new,, will definitely be buying these again.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2017