Landsail LS388 AS

Landsail LS388 AS

The Landsail LS388 AS is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 22,612 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail LS388 AS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Landsail LS388 AS Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 405 (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Got a pair of these on the front of my old workhorse Pug around June last year. The car's used mainly for business, carrying stock and tools, and regularly has it's load carrying abilities pushed to the limit.

Since then it's covered 11k miles of local (country roads), some town work, and 3 or 4 long distance motorway trips, including a couple fully loaded with camping gear and with a trailer attached.

Frankly, the tyres were chosen because they were cheap. I didn't expect much from them but needed a couple as the old ones were getting low. I've always taken the view that ditch-finders don't find ditches unless you go looking for them, but these certainly aren't ditch-finders despite only costing about £40 each fully fitted and balanced!

Within a few miles of having them fitted I noticed that they were appreciably quieter than the old Goodyears and seemed at least as responsive. I tend not to intentionally push the grip limits on public roads but did put these "through their paces" just to get an idea of how they'd react.

Grip is plentiful for cornering and braking - they happily gave just over 90% straight-line-dry brake efficiency (measured by Tapley) before complaining and cope well with damp roads and standing water (common around these parts!). Pushed to the limit they give a nice gentle warning back through the wheel, followed by a bit of a squeal, and will regain grip easily unless you just keep pushing.

Admittedly, some of their ability with standing water will be down to the very narrow width by today's standards but that's the size I needed!

Haven't had much of a chance to try out their cold / snow / ice performance but, on the 2 or 3 icy days we've had since, I've had no problem with traction or control even on re-frozen snow "the morning after" an unexpected couple of inches.

Comfort is good, undoubtedly helped by the high (again, by today's standards) profile and noise, as mentioned earlier, has remained pleasantly low - a definite benefit when your car's not as soundproof as most are today!

The one slight downside is that they have a slightly soft compound so wear rates aren't great. That soft compound probably explains a lot of their positive characteristics but, in 11k miles, they've used up about 4mm of tread so will probably end up lasting around 18k miles total. That said, that's on the front, driven, wheels of a fairly heavy diesel that's been used to carry considerable loads around twisty local roads and on motorway at multi-lepton speeds.

As to the "would I buy again" questions - I've just replaced the rears with a pair of the same.
16 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015

Latest Landsail LS388 AS Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS388 AS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the LS388 AS.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 cdti vx line (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I'm not usually one to buy budget tyres. I wanted to match the other 2 XL tyres that were already on my car when I bought it. So I went for two of these & put them on the front. They've been great. Very good grip in the wet, as good as continentals, in my opinion. Never seem to let go in the wet. I'd give them a good score in dry conditions, perhaps not quite as good as premium brand tyre, really not far off. Acceptable grip levels in dry & wet conditions, for a performance car. Not at all disappointed, as they were half the price of a premium tyre. I've not tried them for winter use yet., so cant comment there. If they're half as good in snow, as they're are in the wet. I'd be happy. I certainly wont just pay for the name/brand anymore. Would I buy these again? Yes I would. These have definitely improved from the older budget tyre days.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 200 easy going miles
On a standard VXR corsa these are more than capable of normal driving conditions in wet and dry. Not recommended for those who drive it like they stole it but ideal for those who drive it like they own it. Higher profile has the added comfort and perfect for everyday use.
7 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2017
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Allroad 2.7TDi (2007) (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 12 easy going miles
The car dealer i bought the car from had these tyres fitted just before i bought the car. I was a little dissapointed when i first saw them never having heard of the brand, after an internet search i realised what a large company they are.
I was impressed from the first drive, very quiet tyres, dry grip good but i was dreading driving in the wet. i need not have worried as they were more than good, as good as any 'premium' brand i have used.
After 12,000 miles the fronts are needing replacing having worn away on the outer edges, more to do with my cars setup not being correct i think as the rears are fine.
I am replacing them with the same brand as im so impressed, cost not being much of an issue, but its nice to save some money!
4 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Almera Sport+ 1.8 (195/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Had never heard of the make but bought them on their wet rating and price. Fitted 2 to front of Almera last April, have been so pleased just ordered 2 for rear. Grip excellent, noise excellent and having done 11000 klm wear seems to be very good too.
8 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2016
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had these tyres fitted all round recently. Previously I've had got radials which were noisy and split a lot. Khumo, which again were noisy and Pirelli p7's which were ok. The land sails grip better than the pirellis! They are a softer ride and give far less road noise. For £50 per corner fitted I don't have any complaints yet. I've not done enough mileage yet to comment on wear but to be honest , the pirellis didn't last very long either so at half the price I don't think I'll be complaining.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2016