Landsail LS388 AS

The Landsail LS388 AS is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 27,612 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS388 AS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail LS388 AS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Landsail LS388 AS Review

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 405 (175/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Got a pair of these on the front of my old workhorse Pug around June last year. The car's used mainly for business, carrying stock and tools, and regularly has it's load carrying abilities pushed to the limit.

Since then it's covered 11k miles of local (country roads), some town work, and 3 or 4 long distance motorway trips, including a couple fully loaded with camping gear and with a trailer attached.

Frankly, the tyres were chosen because they were cheap. I didn't expect much from them but needed a couple as the old ones were getting low. I've always taken the view that ditch-finders don't find ditches unless you go looking for them, but these certainly aren't ditch-finders despite only costing about £40 each fully fitted and balanced!

Within a few miles of having them fitted I noticed that they were appreciably quieter than the old Goodyears and seemed at least as responsive. I tend not to intentionally push the grip limits on public roads but did put these "through their paces" just to get an idea of how they'd react.

Grip is plentiful for cornering and braking - they happily gave just over 90% straight-line-dry brake efficiency (measured by Tapley) before complaining and cope well with damp roads and standing water (common around these parts!). Pushed to the limit they give a nice gentle warning back through the wheel, followed by a bit of a squeal, and will regain grip easily unless you just keep pushing.

Admittedly, some of their ability with standing water will be down to the very narrow width by today's standards but that's the size I needed!

Haven't had much of a chance to try out their cold / snow / ice performance but, on the 2 or 3 icy days we've had since, I've had no problem with traction or control even on re-frozen snow "the morning after" an unexpected couple of inches.

Comfort is good, undoubtedly helped by the high (again, by today's standards) profile and noise, as mentioned earlier, has remained pleasantly low - a definite benefit when your car's not as soundproof as most are today!

The one slight downside is that they have a slightly soft compound so wear rates aren't great. That soft compound probably explains a lot of their positive characteristics but, in 11k miles, they've used up about 4mm of tread so will probably end up lasting around 18k miles total. That said, that's on the front, driven, wheels of a fairly heavy diesel that's been used to carry considerable loads around twisty local roads and on motorway at multi-lepton speeds.

As to the "would I buy again" questions - I've just replaced the rears with a pair of the same.
27 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2015

Latest Landsail LS388 AS Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS388 AS tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the LS388 AS.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Modus 1.5Dci Authentique (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Just a short Review, i bought these Landsail 388 after reading reports, i was fed up with paying in excess of £100 per tyre to find they felt second rate, not The premium tyres i had expected, so back to the Landsails, i checked out their website, done my homework and bought a set...... Wonderfull they feel like a premium tyre, great feel, good grip, only done 2000 miles but still look as new,, will definitely be buying these again.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Had a pair of thesse fitted to the front of the car first having been thru the various better known makes all too soft and short lived i have done about 2000 miles since they were fitted and am happy with them i have now had them on the rear as well they do give up a little in the damp BUT that is me pushing the curve AND the car needs the antiroll bar stiffening up as it tends to lift a corner that will be solved shortly .

Overall Pleased with them .
3 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2017
Ford (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Simply put these tyres are awful. Will never buy these again for my car. Have no confidence in these tyres in the wet and make driving on wet days a very nervous experience.
They are okay-ish in the dry and are not that noisy.
I am glad the front tyres have worn down sufficiently enough to warrant changing them, can't wait to get them off!!!
12 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 2.0 cdti vx line (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I'm not usually one to buy budget tyres. I wanted to match the other 2 XL tyres that were already on my car when I bought it. So I went for two of these & put them on the front. They've been great. Very good grip in the wet, as good as continentals, in my opinion. Never seem to let go in the wet. I'd give them a good score in dry conditions, perhaps not quite as good as premium brand tyre, really not far off. Acceptable grip levels in dry & wet conditions, for a performance car. Not at all disappointed, as they were half the price of a premium tyre. I've not tried them for winter use yet., so cant comment there. If they're half as good in snow, as they're are in the wet. I'd be happy. I certainly wont just pay for the name/brand anymore. Would I buy these again? Yes I would. These have definitely improved from the older budget tyre days.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 200 easy going miles
On a standard VXR corsa these are more than capable of normal driving conditions in wet and dry. Not recommended for those who drive it like they stole it but ideal for those who drive it like they own it. Higher profile has the added comfort and perfect for everyday use.
12 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2017