Laufenn I FIT

The Laufenn I FIT is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 63% over 10,500 miles driven.

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 53rd of 47 tyres

2018 51 Winter Tyre Shootout - 43rd of 52 tyres

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 16th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very low fuel consumption, good in the dry, low wear
  • Negative - Very weak in the wet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Laufenn I FIT
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Laufenn I FIT. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Laufenn I FIT Review

Given 50% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/60 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I would not recommend this tire, not even to my worst enemy.

The good: They were decent in the snow, they did not make a lot of noise and were extremely comfortable.

The bad; They were a budget winter tire in the most negative way possible: catastrophically bad in the rain and wet, I would say dangerous even. I did not feel at ease driving and I always felt like the next corner might be the last one, They would give me understeer and aquaplanning at slow speeds. They were slightly less bad in dry conditions. The tire would not communicate anything up until the point it would start to slide heavily.
Perhaps they were just not for me or my driving conditions, perhaps they would have been better on motorways but I took them off as soon as I could afford to and replaced them with something I felt was better.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2019

Latest Laufenn I FIT Reviews

Have you driven on the Laufenn I FIT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the I FIT.

Given 46% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
They were bought by the previous owner of my car a couple of months before I got it. I usually buy Hankooks and never had any problems with them, so I was happy learning that Laufenn is a Hankook brand.
Then I tried them...
While they are good enough on dry road and snow they become really scary in wet conditions. Sometimes they lose grip for no apparent reason and without warning even at low speeds.
The ride is pretty comfortable, but this doesn't make up for the "oh god, this time I'm going to die" sensation these tyres can give you on even slightly damp roads.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2019
I would not recommend this tire, not even to my worst enemy.

4 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2019
Given 85% while driving a BMW 320i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
I bought these as my first ever set of winter tyres and fitted them to my BMW 320i Sport Auto.
As most of you will be aware the 3 series is about as much use in snow as an ashtray on a motorbike and over the years I have been of the same opinion and the 3 series has sat at the house and the Yaris has done sterling service.
Now the Yaris has gone and the replacement TT is not up to much in the slippery stuff so I decided to bit the bullet and go winters. WOW, what a transformation it has wrought on the BMW. On summer tyres I could not get back up my driveway let alone approach hilly roads. Not any more, just point the car in the direction you want to go, press the pedal and you are on your way. The tyres are superb in snow, on ice, on wet or dry roads are all in all confidence inspiring. To early to assess wear, only 500 miles covered, but at the price, if they last two Winters I will be very happy.
The driving experience is a bit dull as the feedback is not on a par with my 19inch Summer tyres but if you drive them in adverse conditions with the same care and attention as you would with Summer tyres you cannot go wrong, they are not rally tyres.
I will buy them again and have no hesitation in recommending them for UK Winter use.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2019