Linglong Green Max

Linglong Green Max Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 84% while driving a Peugeot 607 (235/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
Bought 4 new tyres for my 607 2.7 hdi
Which is a comfi car of 1800 kg
I life in the south of France and commute 160 km a day on the highway.
Since it is almost never wet I could not be bordered with that.

Comming from P zero what was a disapointment at the price 178 a piece. ( mounted )
It always a nice feeling to treat youself and nowing you have got one of the best tyres beneath you.
They look nice to but I already had exeperience wih LingLong so I went back to the greenmax.

Bought 4 new Linglongs at 65 euro's mounted

Finaly silence and ease back in my car.
For that money the best tyre for me and my car.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Bora Tdi Sport (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
I purchased these tires as i had some budget constraints and couldnt really afford to go with anything else, prior to these i had Goodride SV308 which was not a great tire, a friend of mine told me to try the Linlong's as he was also using them so i gave them a shot expecting a mediocre tire and instead i was pleasantly surprised..the car changed dramatically, cornering was now excellent, overall ride quality much softer and there was considerably less noise whilst on the highway, The roads here in Chile are terrible but these tyres have surprisingly escaped intact from some pretty vigorous driving and potholes. my car is lowered on H&R Sports suspension and the ride quality remains comfortable. havent really tried them in the wet as it doesn't rain often here. overall very happy with the purchase and performance of these tires.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Firstly I bought my VW golf with the Linglong GreenMax fitted to the rear, these had done atleast 25,000 miles last year and I was impressed with the overall performance. When I come to renew the tyres I thought I would once again buy a full new set of Linglong greenmax. 18" 225 45 Honestly these tyres are great, stick to the road well in the dry and a grade B performance rating in the wet and are an amazing price for 18" low profile at £170 online! Why not buy 4new tyres everytime! I can't stand cars with multiple tyre brands and wouldn't even consider a part worn replacement ever, whatever the brand was! If your not a brand snob (I work in branding and packaging and I understand you can buy quality without having to pay over the odds) Ling Long may not be the most well know brand but the GreenMax tyre is there best tyre made and performs well if not better than some of the the more expensive mid range tyres in the class. I also have another VW project car which I have bought another set of Linglong Greenmax for these are 16" 215 40 and I'm looking forward to seeing how these perform! Overall my experience with the Greemax tyres is great and I would recommend them to anyone if they are looking at replacing a ful set of tyres! Price paid £170 for 4thres from tyre leader, fitting at my local garage £60.
13 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2017
Given 40% while driving a Mazda 323 C 1.5 BA 1997 (185/60 R14) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I can't review all points cause I lack the (comparasion) experience. Just can say that grip is afwul and very unpredictable once lost track. It's not due to the cars alignment which is perfectly fine. Continental winter 175/65 and PremiumContact 2E 155/70 offer much better grip on same car, difference is really huge. Please avoid this tyre if you drive high speeds or like sporty cornering.
Grip on wet is so bad that these tyres don't deserve further attention so I won't go into detail on other points. I think this kind of tyres should be forbidden, probably better alternatieves from known brands (falken/fulda/nokian/toyo/yokohama/kumho/hankook) have a slighly higher price (10-20%) so it's not worth the risk to me.
11 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5SE (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
an all round good tyre that offers value for money .
i use them on an all wheel drive jaguar .
they are excellent in the wet as they are in the dry road noise is very low and on new roads all you can here is the engine.
I've used these tyres many times before from being on a 2.5 sri to a normal 1.8 ford Mondeo .
i normally get over 10000 miles from a full set of these .
id recommend them to all who are looking for some thing that offers max grip in the rain and on dry roads and don't want to have loads of road noise ..would i get them again yes i would will be ordering my next set very soon ready to put on the car when i need them
11 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2017
Given 66% while driving a Fiat Stilo (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Whilst my car is no Porchse, nor is it a BMW 7 series, however, I cover and continue to do.so every wk-end 520mile round journey. Approximately 80 mile is very very narrow, pot holed back twisty country lanes, leading to M4, and M25. I have yet to encounter ice or snow, however, I have driven in heavy at times vision down to 5metre heavy water logged roads. These tyres have not let me down, and I push the car hard on every inch of the journey. The grip in dry weather has not diminished in wet, and to be honest, I read the drivers review from.Cyprus and glad I ignored it. Not the quietest, however, found it hard to knock them for the price. Couldn't quote on wear, as coming up to a year and don't think they are down 50%.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2017
Given 67% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTI 180 (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
After one year use of this tire i am convinced that is very good low budget tire for use on normal driving mode
16 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
My Peugeot 207 was fitted with a brand new set of greenmaxes when i bought it last year. I've now done just under 20000miles and they are now reaching the point when the fronts need replacing. These Tyres are excellent and i wouldnt hesitate to buy another set.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2016
Given 69% while driving a Peugeot 607 (235/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
Bought 4 new tyres for my 607 2.2 hdi because of the German test
I was looking for a silent cheap tyre.
I life in the south of France and commute 140 km a day on the highway.
Don't care to much about grip because the highway is strait.
And since it is almost never wet I could not be bordered with that neither.

A nice silent and comfy tyre.
Nice feedback about grip, there is on corner near Aix en Provence where you can test this and it stays stable until high speed.
Tyre wear is more than expected but did a 30k and still 4mm left.
The only problem is that 2 out of 4 are unround.
So I had the balanced at least 5 times and finally changed one rim but still rubbish
Ordered 2 new ones and hope they are round otherwise the supplier is in trouble.
I would recommend these tyres since the are 60 euro a piece and the next silent tyre in this dimension is at least 90 euro.
But check it they are round otherwise you can lose the price advantage at the balancing shop.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 2, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Yaris (175/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 80,000 spirited miles
When I bought my used 2001 Toyota Yaris/Echo from a Toyota dealer, they fitted new tyres to the front. I was aghast to see they were cheap and nasty Chinese Linglongs. Three days later, after finding my light, fwd hatch was excessively tail-happy, I ditched the reputable brand rears and fitted matching Green Maxes. My weekly commute is 100km (600 miles) on a mix of country roads, highways and a winding, narrow 15km hill pass which goes from sea level to 555m. The car is driven quickly on the challenging hill road and in nearly three years of driving, 130,000km (80,000 miles) in total, I have not had a single fright with these tyres. Terrific grip and progression, dry and wet. The only arguable fault is they wear quicker than most tyres - but I have stuck with the brand unhesitatingly because a bit of extra wear, on a very cheap tyre, is a tiny price to pay for the reassuring grip. I can't vouch for them on big cars, but on lightweight hatches these are an excellent tyre at any price and an absurd bargain given their low price. And to reiterate, my car is driven briskly.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2016