Marangoni Meteo HP

Marangoni Meteo HP

The Marangoni Meteo HP is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 55,100 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Auto Bild 42 Winter Tyre Braking Test - 23rd of 43 tyres

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 41st of 48 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Marangoni Meteo HP
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Marangoni Meteo HP. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Marangoni Meteo HP Reviews

Have you driven on the Marangoni Meteo HP tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Meteo HP.

Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 130 (225/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I have these on my Vauxhall/opel insignia, In general they are not a bad tyre for the money, reasonably quiet on motorways although louder than my summer tyres (michelin pilot primacy). Just recently experienced light snow and they are good on snow, but very un-impressed with them on ice, I had Matador MP59 nordicca on my last car, and the matador was far superior. These seem to grip and then suddenly lose it without any warning. They are definitely not as sure footed as the matador, on cold wet roads they are good I don't lose confidence on corners although they allow the car to run a little wider than the michelin and matador, despite being a lower profile. I would suggest looking elsewhere and would not buy these new, I had a good deal on these buying with only 3 months use on them. If all else fails they are better than summer tyres, but not the best you could get for the money.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 e HDI (195/55 R16 T) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
After buying these winter tyres last winter I finally got a chance to test in snowy conditions. The difference compared with summer tyres is night and day. I was able to navigate hilly uncleared back roads without any problems. These tyres also perform well in normal conditions and are refined. Well worth the purchase especially for high mileage motorists.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 (205/55 R16 T) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Great benefit below 7 degrees. Lots of driving in forests and ice. Such a difference
0 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2012
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I drive a heavy Volvo s60 and I've chosen these tyres as the price was way lower than premium brands and I must say that I was really impressed with their performance. I previously had winter Pirreli ans Continentals and I am convinced these Marangoni are in a way, better than Pirelli, they are definitely much quieter and the grip on snow is about the same. Conti's are better hence the huge difference in price.
I'm now buying the 2nd set of these as I believe they're worth the money I spend.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2012
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 Estate (215/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Fitted these in October to a Citroen C5 tourer. Decided to purchase after the snow of the previous 2 years and living down at the bottom of a housing estate where my summer tyres would not get me out (they were Continentals which though very good in warm weather tests appear to have the worse grip of any summer tyre in snow and ice conditions according to a "What Car" test last year. A friend had them fitted to his Audi 2.5 diesel the year before and said they had worked well, so as they were resonably cheap I bought a full set.
As another person says this seemed to stop the snow.
In the dry they seem to have similar cornering grip to the summer continentals, and in wet weather they seem particularly good, with plenty of grip cornering and after an almighty deluge on the M1 on easter Monday they appeared to be very good resisting aquaplaning.
They seem fairly quiet though I think I get a resonance point at exactly 50mph where you can feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel (above or below 50mph it disapears)
So as a winter tyre for wet and cold conditions it seems to work very well.
Eventually last week we had some proper snow to test them on. There had been a few occasions before where it had snowed to cover the road and they appeared to brake well and provide plenty of grip cornering and accelerating - certainly much better than summer tyres. However with the blizzard that hit on 4th April I was able to test them. Getting out of the estate was fine and ploughing along the main road was fine, until I hit the queue of traffic trying to get up the steep hill on Huddersfield Road as it heads to jct 38 of the M1. So I diverted and headed up Sackup Lane a far steeper hill - about 1 in 7 in places (look on streetmap.co.uk to show the O.S. map to see how much height it gains) . Again others were trying to go up and had ground to a halt. When I thought it was clear I headed up only to get to a car just grinding (wheel spinning) to a halt overtaking another stopped vehicle. I managed to move over to the left as it started slipping back and had to nearlly come to a halt before accelerating past and getting to the top with no problems. I then had to route around various country lanes through Woolley village to get onto the M1 and the tyres behaved very well. So for the price about £90 each fitted they seem to perform very well
0 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2012