Marangoni Meteo HP

Show all: Marangoni tyres, Passenger Car Winter High Performance tyres
The Marangoni Meteo HP is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 55,100 miles driven.

Marangoni Meteo HP

82%

85%

Tyre Test Results:

Marangoni Meteo HP Reviews

Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 130 (225-50-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I have these on my Vauxhall/opel insignia, In general they are not a bad tyre for the money, reasonably quiet on motorways although louder than my summer tyres (michelin pilot primacy). Just recently experienced light snow and they are good on snow, but very un-impressed with them on ice, I had Matador MP59 nordicca on my last car, and the matador was far superior. These seem to grip and then suddenly lose it without any warning. They are definitely not as sure footed as the matador, on cold wet roads they are good I don't lose confidence on corners although they allow the car to run a little wider than the michelin and matador, despite being a lower profile. I would suggest looking elsewhere and would not buy these new, I had a good deal on these buying with only 3 months use on them. If all else fails they are better than summer tyres, but not the best you could get for the money.
tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 1.6 e HDI (195-55-16-T)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
After buying these winter tyres last winter I finally got a chance to test in snowy conditions. The difference compared with summer tyres is night and day. I was able to navigate hilly uncleared back roads without any problems. These tyres also perform well in normal conditions and are refined. Well worth the purchase especially for high mileage motorists.
tyre reviewed on December 5, 2012
Looking to buy the Marangoni Meteo HP? Click here to search for the best price for the Marangoni Meteo HP or any other tyre.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 308 (205-55-16-T)
Driving on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Great benefit below 7 degrees. Lots of driving in forests and ice. Such a difference
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2012
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo s60 D5 (163) (225-45-17-V)
I drive a heavy Volvo s60 and I've chosen these tyres as the price was way lower than premium brands and I must say that I was really impressed with their performance. I previously had winter Pirreli ans Continentals and I am convinced these Marangoni are in a way, better than Pirelli, they are definitely much quieter and the grip on snow is about the same. Conti's are better hence the huge difference in price.
I'm now buying the 2nd set of these as I believe they're worth the money I spend.
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2012
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 Estate (215-60-16-V)
Fitted these in October to a Citroen C5 tourer. Decided to purchase after the snow of the previous 2 years and living down at the bottom of a housing estate where my summer tyres would not get me out (they were Continentals which though very good in warm weather tests appear to have the worse grip of any summer tyre in snow and ice conditions according to a "What Car" test last year. A friend had them fitted to his Audi 2.5 diesel the year before and said they had worked well, so as they were resonably cheap I bought a full set.
As another person says this seemed to stop the snow.
In the dry they seem to have similar cornering grip to the summer continentals, and in wet weather they seem particularly good, with plenty of grip cornering and after an almighty deluge on the M1 on easter Monday they appeared to be very good resisting aquaplaning.
They seem fairly quiet though I think I get a resonance point at exactly 50mph where you can feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel (above or below 50mph it disapears)
So as a winter tyre for wet and cold conditions it seems to work very well.
Eventually last week we had some proper snow to test them on. There had been a few occasions before where it had snowed to cover the road and they appeared to brake well and provide plenty of grip cornering and accelerating - certainly much better than summer tyres. However with the blizzard that hit on 4th April I was able to test them. Getting out of the estate was fine and ploughing along the main road was fine, until I hit the queue of traffic trying to get up the steep hill on Huddersfield Road as it heads to jct 38 of the M1. So I diverted and headed up Sackup Lane a far steeper hill - about 1 in 7 in places (look on streetmap.co.uk to show the O.S. map to see how much height it gains) . Again others were trying to go up and had ground to a halt. When I thought it was clear I headed up only to get to a car just grinding (wheel spinning) to a halt overtaking another stopped vehicle. I managed to move over to the left as it started slipping back and had to nearlly come to a halt before accelerating past and getting to the top with no problems. I then had to route around various country lanes through Woolley village to get onto the M1 and the tyres behaved very well. So for the price about £90 each fitted they seem to perform very well
tyre reviewed on April 12, 2012
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR tdi (225-45-17-)
Hi

i have these fitted since nov 2011 ( now feb 2012)
i thought that by buying these i had stopped it snowing completely in the UK.
however, they are great in cold wet weather, clearing the road very well, you can tell its good as the car gets really dirty now.
but this weekend the UK has seen snow that stopped all roads airports etc

i made journeys where previously i wouldn't have got off the drive.
the traction both in driving and stopping are amazing. i was able to pass people who had to creep along and i bet they thought i was an idiot. but the ability of the tryes were so good.
every now and again i would test the brakes ( so you don't get over confident as you still need to take care) and found the grip V good, you do have to watch that others don't follow too close as you can outbrake them, not v good when they are following!!

you can brake on down hill junction and not have hope that there is no-one coming.

however it doesn't stop you getting trapped when the other cars just block the road by being stranded and wheel spinning and still sliding backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't forget they are winter tyres and not just snow tyres so you get the benefit when its cold and wet too.

i have considerable driving experience cars motorcycles class 1 HGV ( as it was) both her and abroad with a brother in Zurich so have experience of "proper snow" too

i'm glad i fitted them this winter
tyre reviewed on February 6, 2012
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-40-18-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
top drawer. paid £100 a tyre for my a3 and couldnt find any cheaper. only been on a few days but a marked improvement compared with my summer premium tyres. everything is better - grip, braking distances, cornering. cant comment on how long they last yet or how they are in the dry but i reckon staying on the road this winter has to be worth every penny!
tyre reviewed on December 11, 2011
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on December 7, 2011
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 120d (205-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Bought these Winter tyres two weeks back, the difference in grip in snow and ice is amazing, I cannot believe the difference after my BMW 120d was more like a sled than a car in icy conditions. Don't know how long will last, but they've been brilliant so far. At just over £300 for full set, worth every penny to get me and my business back on the road again
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2010
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 80 B4 (195-65-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
i have had these on my car now for only a week, but the recent snow has made me make a distress purchase i did not want to! at first i bought 2 of these and fitted them to the driven wheels of my vehicle (huge mistake!) the difference in grip, and confidence these give you is unreal! i have had to drive ice covered snow topped roads for a week now, not even b roads, more e roads than anything, ie the sort of road that branches off a b road, that you would think is someone's drive way, but rarely see's anyone other than yourself down!
day 1 driving in normal tyres with 2 inches of snow on the ground was tricky, traction non existant etc,later on with 2 fitted to the front, well traction was there, except when breaking, the front end had so much grip the rear tucked and tucked into a ditch, even when off the pedal!
with the 4 winter tyres on (now these roads im driving are extreme! in 1 hour on monday 1ft of snow fell and i was the only person to drive the 9 mile stretch of road all day, a country lane thats about 2 ft wider than my car, up hills, down hills, round corners and with 1ft deep gulleys either side) and wow, i could drive it as if it was just a wet day, drive sensibly obviously presenting caution, but have no real fear of sliding losing grip etc, it was brilliant, my first time ever using winter tyres, and i highly reccomend them to anyone! i done alot of research and was torn between continental and these, and i think for the money these deffo worked out the best value for money whilst retaining alot of the same properties as the continentals did!
tyre reviewed on December 8, 2010

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!