Marangoni Verso

Show all: Marangoni tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Marangoni Verso is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 51% over 250,079 miles driven.

Marangoni Verso

53%

40%

Tyre Test Results:

Marangoni Verso Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota granvia (215-65-15-H)
THE BAD: I have had the Verso xl on a ford escort and OMG were they bad, wheel spin and slide on corners, the car came with them and I have to ask what fool put Xl (extra load) tyres on a escort. too stiff in sidewall = loss of grip/traction

THE GOOD: Have them on a Toyota Granvia 3.4 petrol V6 Trd supercharged van converted to camper, so weight is around 2000kg. they are absolutely the best tyre for a heavy vehicle, I can corner harder, body roll is reduced, generally it has stiffened things up and reduced understeer greatly which was my want. I run them at 39/41psi as xl tyres need higher pressure.
they are a bit louder than some.

ONLY run XL tyre if your load/weight is higher than average and they will flex and grip enough and you will get great wear.
Put XLs on a light fwd car and you may as well just run on your rims
tyre reviewed on March 11, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
Ive had below legal limit tyres on my car that had more grip than these have in the wet. I'm absolutely amazed that they've passed british safety standards. Absolute death traps.
tyre reviewed on December 24, 2013
Looking to buy the Marangoni Verso? Click here to search for the best price for the Marangoni Verso or any other tyre.

Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (215-50-17-W)
Worst tyre I have ever used they were fitted when I bought the. Car but after test drive as tyres that were fitted on limit and car felt fine on test. So was happy to have 2 new tyres. Then I spent. £100.s trying to sort out the handling problems. The back of the car would not go in straight line on the straight it went jump from side to side. On high speed sweeping curves the back end would just let go. And this happens on dry roads as well as wet. Scary having to steer into on coming lorry at 60.mph. Just to straighten up .. got 2Gy.nct5.s for front after 1 year and switch them to the back transformed the backend but then the front had zero grip glad to get thi of my car ......death traps..
tyre reviewed on December 23, 2013
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota aurion (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15 spirited miles
The Marangoni Verso XL is a magnificent tyre for long distance driving and gives great performance; I will definitely buy again when I need to replace my current batch. Garry Spears
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2013
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (215-50-17-)
I recently bought a Vectra Estate with four of these on. The front ones had 3mm tread but the wet grip was appalling and the car was dangerous under acceleration as it tended to go wherever the tyres wanted rather than where I wanted. I replaced the front tyres immediately with a pair of Nokians which are fantastic tyres.
The two on the rear are still on the car, but about to be replaced as the rear end has spun out twice on me now in wet conditions at low speeds on round-a-bouts. These tyres are not safe and I would never recommend them to anyone. Spend a little bit more money as your life depends on it...
tyre reviewed on August 2, 2013
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (215-50-17-W)
Average grip in the dry, but diabolical in the wet. Replaced Goodyear efficient grip tyres which were excellent in all conditions, predictable and safe, but the Marangoni's are death traps with virtually no grip in the wet. Please do not buy them, spend a decent amount and get some far superior tyres from a recognised manufacturer
tyre reviewed on July 31, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.7T Quattro (205-55-16-H)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on July 26, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (215-55-16-V)
In spite of the generally poor reviews I found on this site I decided to fit a pair of Marangoni Versos to the front (drive) wheels of my Rover 75 in November 2012, because the EU Tyre Rating suggested that they would perform reasonably well in the function that matters most to me - grip, and would be good value for the money if the wear was ok.

Now, in February 2013, having done 3500 miles in the worst possible wet/snowy/slushy driving conditions in the UK winter *and* two weeks around the Swiss/French ski resorts in the Alps and Jura, with 200cm of snow all around and hard packed frozen snow on all (snow-ploughed) passes above 1000m, I can say with some confidence: these tyres are GOOD. I had no problem whatsoever with them - they always gave me sufficient grip to pull through the steepest frozen sections and I never once had to resort to chains.

They had 7mm of tread when I started and have 6mm now - that means I can expect to get about 19k miles from them before they wear out. I think that's a bit better than average, so I am very happy with them.

My only minor criticism is that they are somewhat noisier than my previous tyres (Falken and Pirelli) - but that's because I deliberately chose stiffer sidewalls, so I guess I got what I should have expected.

I have to say that I think the repeatedly low ratings given and negative comments made by most other reviewers of these tyres tell me much more about the driving qualities of the reviewers than they tell me about the quality of Marangoni Verso tyres. ;-)
tyre reviewed on February 25, 2013
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (205-50-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
I have four Verso 205 x 16 on a Honda Civic, I don't drive aggressively and think they're reasonable ... in a straight line (a bit like the car). The tread pattern (I should have known) of three deep grooves and few sipes doesn't lend itself to gripping and I really noticed how the car felt skittish from Day One. However I liked the stiff-ish sidewall and the way they sat flush on my alloys.

I'd thought that they would be quite good in the rain due to the deep grooves but the front treads have worn alarmingly. I have nearly lost it with a front-wheel skid on a roundabout in the dry, when the steering wheel suddenly kicked quite violently, first time I have ever lost grip in any car. They spin too easily and I'm now very wary of snow and ice.

They are probably OK for everyday gentle driving but I wouldn't like kids or new drivers to have them. I estimate 15,000 miles life max. on the front driven generally moderately, 20K+ on the rear.

I understood these were licensed from Pirelli, and I was given a discounted puncture warranty, if you get a sidewall puncture at 50% wear, then you got 50% discount off new ones. I'll not be keeping them long enough to find out. They were worth a try at £80 each but I won't buy them again. It's probably Michelin or Continentals for me.
tyre reviewed on January 25, 2013
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
I have now done 6000 miles on a pair of these on the rear. I have to get 'em off. They are a death trap in the wet.
In over 42 years of driving all sorts of cars, (inc HGV,PSV, Private hire etc) I have never been frightened of pulling away of roundabouts, or going round corners before.
These poor excuse for tyres will kill someone one day.
tyre reviewed on December 30, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: