Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2

The Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 55 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 523,700 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 19th of 50 tyres

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 24th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2

Questions and Answers for the Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2

2016-06-21 - Is this tyre a run flat? Matador mp46 hectorra 2

We do not believe there is a runflat version of this tyre produced.

Top Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 Review

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Touring (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Excellent tyre for the price!! A lot better than Falken452. Very soft and comfy ride while handling is superb compared to run flats. The car is transformed!! Definitely buy again
9 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2014

Latest Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the MP 46 Hectorra 2.

Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
After the excellent pair of my Michelin pe2 passed away, I replaced them with matador's. Much more cheaper choise, with similar good reviews here. It was totally wrong idea to compare my previous tyres with these. In the first 10000 km my Citroen seems to be more comfortable with a nice but nervous grip is limit conditions, driving with less aggressive style than wearing my previous set. After 15000 km decided to replace front with rears, because the behaviour of my car became unusually strange. For 2000km my car replaced it's name, in summer conditions. When the winter started, especially in rainy days, my car Started spinning even with 3rd gear, fast cornering was dangerous. Certainly not a tyre that inspire spiritual driving. Not suggested even for a value choise. I was more satisfied with other midrange brands like, falken and Uniroyal, which were more close to a premium pair.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2016
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S 2.2 i CDTi (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
great value for the price handling up there with the best
2 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
These tyres are dreadful. I've always put branded tyres on my cars as I'm a big believer that you get what you pay for, and after all the tyres provide the contact between you/your car and the road. However, I've a new car on order which is being delivered in a couple of months time, so I thought I would something cheaper on 2 worn out rear tyres. I therefore plumped for the Matador M46 and what a mistake. It feels like the rear end of my car is driving on jelly. You give the cars throttle a bit of a squeeze exiting a end and I get a dashboard full of anti-skid warning lights. Really wish I had spent a few more quid and keep with the branded tyres as I feel vulnerable driving on these poor tyres. Avoid them!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These were on a Octavia VRS i purchased recently. Have now driven them for approx 1000 miles. Must admit to being fairly impressed, Ive tried many tyres over the years and the cheaper ones are usually not worth having - frequently being OK in the dry but awful in the wet.

These tyres have proven to be capable in both the dry and the wet, which for such a reasonably priced tyre is rare. No idea on wear as yet, but I am tempted to buy a set again when these wear out.

Only thing I would say is that they seem to need inflating slightly more than some other tyres, perhaps a slightly soft sidewall, this can lead to a very slightly harder ride than ideal.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2015