Maxxis MA Z1 Victra

The Maxxis MA Z1 Victra is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 64 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 818,878 miles driven.

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 28th of 45 tyres

2010 Auto Express Ultra High Performance Tyre Test - 11th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis MA Z1 Victra
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis MA Z1 Victra. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis MA Z1 Victra Review

Given 90% while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Well its time to rplace these tyres and I'd love to buy them again but Maxxis has stoped making them, I also need them for motor racingand as Maxxis has no others approved by the Motor Sport Association I can't use any of there other tyres :( but all in I have covered 30k miles roughly on these tyres andthey have been good in all weathers reasonable in snow, good in wet and superb in dry, as well as being excellent once upto temperature on the racing track (Brands Hatch) althought it was cold and damp in January when I went.
I only hope I can find some new tyres this good.
BTW it took a little time to get tyre pressures correct for these tyres about 6 psi under what manufacturer recommended due to larger size so well worth making sure you get your tyre pressures sorted.
18 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2016

Latest Maxxis MA Z1 Victra Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis MA Z1 Victra tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the MA Z1 Victra.

Given 86% while driving a Jaguar XJ6 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 37,000 average miles
I had these tyres fitted to my Jag XJ6 as they were all that was in stock on Boxing Day a couple of years ago when a tracking problem had scuffed the fronts to nothing. I ended up fitting them on all wheels, they lasted 37,000 miles so replaced all 4 with another set 2 years later; these lasted another 35k miles so refooted again but sold the car 8 months later so do not know the eventual state. I was really impressed (Jaguar were less so!) as they worked well and lasted an amazing time when fitted to a large, powerful and heavy. I would certainly refit though I believe they are now out of production.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
This is the ultimate all round tyre, they were on my Subaru upon purchase and I've discovered they are a real dark horse. The car is subject to abuse at the weekend and I've never lost confidence wet or dry. As mentioned by a previous review these appear to be out of production. Apparently it's down to noise limits which is ridiculous as the tyres aren't heard in a loud car like mine. Thankfully I've sourced a full set having kept my eye out online. I'm confident Maxxis may somehow bring the maz1 back into production.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2017
Given 50% while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S line Cabrio (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 700 average miles
I drive an A4 S line cabriolet, so noise is a going to be slightly higher in mine than in a full body, but I really did notice that these tyres are very loud, so loud that I was convinced my bearings had gone, there's also a bit of a vibration that comes through the pedals, wheel & gearstick, this may or may not be related, but the tyres definitely do not help.

Grip on the otherhand is great, only driven about 700 miles in them so far, so not sure on the wear.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2016
I only hope I can find some new tyres this good.
18 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2016
Given 50% while driving a Audi Q3 (235/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Needed a budget tyre as changed just before Christmas.

Good in dry weather, Ok for local roads in the wet.

If you drive on the motorway in wet conditions at 50mph you get loss of grip - didn't want to test any higher speed! No way a B rated wet tyre which I have seen advertised.

Only good for local roads. Changing after 1000 miles