Metzeler ROADTEC 01

The Metzeler ROADTEC 01 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 25,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Review

Given 93% while driving a Ducati Multistrada 1200 (190/55 R17) on for 0 miles
I've had the 01's fitted to the Multistrada 1200 since February replacing PR4's and Angel GT's, compared to the others I found the Roadtec 01's to steer quicker but they were stable at speed and once leaned in.

The grip in the cold and wet was confidence inspiring and I had no problems riding in torrential rain, snow or just damp. Once the weather has warmed up I've been happy to explore the grip right up to the edge with no suprises.

They've lasted some 8000 miles on my Multi which is better than both the tyres I replaced, so I'll definately be buying these gain.
58 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2016

Latest Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Reviews

Have you driven on the Metzeler ROADTEC 01 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ROADTEC 01.

Suzuki (190/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
best sport touring tire on the market.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Kawasaki z1000 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Update on earlier Z1000 review
After another 2000 miles around northern Spain and the picos the tyres have just started to go off, not yet worn to wear bars but not as confidence inspiring as they were but 8000 miles is pretty good for a tyre as grippy as these.
Front and rear have worn at same rate
Off for another set next week
3 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Kawasaki z1000 (190/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Tyres stayed round unlike anything I've used before with very little squaring off, love this tyre not sure on how long they will last but still looking good after 5000 mls on Kawasaki Z1000 sx
Mix between committing and touring mainly commuting

1 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2018
Given 100% while driving a BMW R1200GS (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Best tyre ever. In my 27 years I tried everything. Last I used were bridgeStone Battlax30, Metzeler roadtec Z8, Dunlop Sportmaxx III and Michelin PR4. Dunlops are sporty, Michelins are great in cold, but Roadtec 01 outperform both. Tyre wear is also good, have to use HWM model on heavy bikes, so don't wine, if U use wrong tyre on your bike and get bad results. Great handling, great wet grip, great feedback as it could be on RT with ESA, great comfort, great handling. I will buy and buy them again :)
3 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2018
Given 70% while driving a BMW F800GT (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I purchased the Metzeler Roadtec 01 tires just prior to a trip south from Seattle Washington to Utah. The total trip was around 4500 miles. Largely, the tire wear was in the center 1 inch of tread. A week and a half later, I left for South Dakota and needed to replace the rear tire at 6000 miles. The tire did well in wet and dry conditions. Handling felt great. The noise level wasn't high. In short, it was a great tire till I noticed the wear in the center of the tire.
The OEM tires were Metzeler Roadtec Z8s and they lasted 12,000 miles. The replacement tires are Dunlop Roadsmart III and have about 3000 miles on them...and show no discernible wear.

All I can surmise from this, is the claims of long tread life on this tire are false. Otherwise, it is a great tire.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2017