Metzeler ROADTEC 01

The Metzeler ROADTEC 01 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 47,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Metzeler ROADTEC 01. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Review

Given 93% while driving a Ducati Multistrada 1200 (190/55 R17) on for 0 miles
I've had the 01's fitted to the Multistrada 1200 since February replacing PR4's and Angel GT's, compared to the others I found the Roadtec 01's to steer quicker but they were stable at speed and once leaned in.

The grip in the cold and wet was confidence inspiring and I had no problems riding in torrential rain, snow or just damp. Once the weather has warmed up I've been happy to explore the grip right up to the edge with no suprises.

They've lasted some 8000 miles on my Multi which is better than both the tyres I replaced, so I'll definately be buying these gain.
68 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2016

Latest Metzeler ROADTEC 01 Reviews

Have you driven on the Metzeler ROADTEC 01 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ROADTEC 01.

Given 89% while driving a Kawasaki ER6F (160/60 R17 W) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Expensive, but actually very very good tyres. Lasted twice as long as the Bridgestone Battlax 21's that were on it and were stickier throughout.

These are the best wet weather tyres I have ever used. They give much more confidence on initial lean in and corner exit than any motorcycle tyre I have ever used (and that covers maybe 20 different types) in the wet, and stop very impressively too.

In the dry, there isn't that much that differentiates it from other quality all weather tyres other than it seems to last much longer before the rear squared off. I believe it is a dual compound rear and that structure seems to work very well.

An additional note - I got a nail in the front tyre after about 4000 miles. It has remained there for a further 10000 and the tyre has not lost a single psi of pressure.

I will be buying another set of the Roadtec 01's, without doubt.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2019
Given 69% while driving a (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Rear tyre was good but the front was both noisy and skittish /unpredictable !
7 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2019
Given 96% while driving a Honda VFR 800 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Very nice tire.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2019
Suzuki (190/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
best sport touring tire on the market.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Kawasaki z1000 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Update on earlier Z1000 review
After another 2000 miles around northern Spain and the picos the tyres have just started to go off, not yet worn to wear bars but not as confidence inspiring as they were but 8000 miles is pretty good for a tyre as grippy as these.
Front and rear have worn at same rate
Off for another set next week
9 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2018