Michelin CrossClimate Plus

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 15,520 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

New VS 4mm VS 2mm All Season Tyre Performance - 1st of 6 tyres

• Overall - Exemplary all-rounder with balanced performance and the least performance degradation throughout the treadlife. One of the highest priced tyres, but the mileage balances with the price as the best wearing tyre on test. Highly recommended.

2017 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - The best balance of performance for the UK climate. Dominated in the dry and wet, and wasn't the worst all season tyre on test in the snow with more than enough performance for the UK winters
  • Negative - Average curved aquaplaning result.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
163 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 400 average miles
The steering has definitely got stiffer and more responsive with these tyres. 3rd day with them was in snow and that has continued over the last few days including morning ice driving. I'll review again after a few thousand miles, but so far do good
0 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 V) on mostly town for 200 spirited miles
Bought the Crossclimate plus tyres recently to replace Nokian Weatherproof (as the side walls were cracking) and these feel like they have more grip. The Nokians felt a little greasy in the wet. I have just tested the crossclimate plus in the snow, slush and ice and they performed excellent. Not the slightest bit of slipping or traction control kicking in. So far impressed with them.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 208 1.2VTi (195/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
This is my first impression after a few hundred miles on the CrossClimate Plus tyres. Compared to the Michelin Energy tyres I used to have on my Peugeot 208 grip in the dry and wet seem equal. Handling seems a tat sharper. Also the tyres seems to absorb uneven roads a bit more comfortabel. I can 't judge wear and snow performance yet. For now I'm more than satisfied.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2017
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (205/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 easy going miles
Replaced Michelin Primacy 3 205/55R17 95V XL, with CrossClimate+, car is VW Golf Alltrack DSG (estate)

Large reduction in road noise, and the noise is of a different character, with less of the annoying 'drone' frequencies. Also a very noticeable improvement in small-bump response, such as potholes and sunken drain covers (epidemic of both round here) - the Primacy 3 thumped and jarred noticeably, the CrossClimate is more like I'd expect for this profile tyre, even allowing for its XL load rating.

Running at 34 psi (bit below VW's insanely-high recommended 38 psi 'comfort' and 42 psi 'normal'). No fuel consumption penalty, no noticeable adverse effect on handling or feedback - but then I don't drive at the ragged edge of grip, but more like a normal, sensible human, using some mechanical sympathy.

These tyres have made my car much more enjoyable to drive, and I get the added bonus of all-season tyres for the cold weather. Totally recommended - would buy again.
11 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2017