Michelin CrossClimate Plus

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 28,520 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2018 AZ Summer AND All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Overall - As the most "summer tyre like" of the all season tyres, the CrossClimate+ wins its category. It is however the most expensive tyre on test.

New VS 4mm VS 2mm All Season Tyre Performance - 1st of 6 tyres

• Overall - Exemplary all-rounder with balanced performance and the least performance degradation throughout the treadlife. One of the highest priced tyres, but the mileage balances with the price as the best wearing tyre on test. Highly recommended.

2017 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - The best balance of performance for the UK climate. Dominated in the dry and wet, and wasn't the worst all season tyre on test in the snow with more than enough performance for the UK winters
  • Negative - Average curved aquaplaning result.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
186 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
After it snowed yet again and I witnessed several accidents and got stuck myself I decided to bite the bullet on something more rugged. These did not disappoint. To test them, I went back to the snowy hill I’d previously got stuck on (on Hankook Ventus Prime3s) and just sailed up it like it was dry tarmac. These tyres inspire great confidence in snowy, icy and wet conditions, while sacrificing very little in the dry. Given all the fuss made about these tyres, and the fact that they are relatively expensive, I was worried that I would be disappointed. In fact, I’m beyond satisfied. Highly recommended.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2018
Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 s3 2.0 tfsi (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
Fitted these to my 2006 audi S3 in November ready for the cold morning commutes . Superb tyres in my opinion, handles like a normal summer tyre but grips well in snow and slush. Just need the mindset that this isn't a winter tyre but a summer tyre that has better winter grip and all will be OK. I live above Holmfirth and have had no problems with the ice or snow this December, I just drive a bit slower than I would on full winters. I know the quattro on my audi helps but with these tyres on it just feels secure any weather.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat doblo (185/65 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I live in Cumbria, where we have steep hills and get lots of wet weather, and some snow. I drive a Fiat Doblo 1.9jtd with narrow (by modern standards) 185/65/15 tyres.
For the last 40 years, on a variety of cars, I have changed from summer to winter tyres according to season. This means I can get around whatever the road and weather conditions, and don't need an expensive 4x4. This is the best solution, if affordable.

However, this autumn, I bought a full set of Michelin Cross Climate+ for around £70 per tyre.

In normal conditions, whether wet or dry, I have found the CC+ to be very similar to my previous, good-quality, summer tyres. They are quiet and give a good ride. Fuel consumption has not been affected. They also handle well and allow more accurate steering through high-speed bends than the winter tyres I have previously used (normally Vredestein or Yokohama). Braking has been good, in both wet and dry, and in sub-7degree temperatures, when winter tyres come into their own..

However, the acid test came yesterday - how do they perform in snow and slush? We had between 4 and 6-inches of fresh snow, which then thawed to the usual slippery mush.
Compared to winter tyres, the CC+ gave reasonable grip and enabled me to drive safely up hill and down dale - conditions weren't extreme (by Cumbrian standards), and the tyres coped well. I felt they became somewhat less secure latterly, as the snow melted.

The only downside comes when braking - they take much longer to come to a halt than winter tyres, and lock up more quickly. So more care is needed, and I will have to drive more slowly in these conditions.

Overall, though, many people should find these tyres a good compromise, especially if they live in areas where snow is rare.

It is too early to tell how long these tyres will last, (no obvious wear after 5,000 miles), and whether their good characteristics will continue (as Michelin claims), throughout their lives.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 600 spirited miles
I am writing this after about 600 miles with the new CrossClimates+. They replaced a set of Pirelli Zero Rossos that gave the car a distinct performance edge and I hesitated on whether to get the CC's as the 170bhp diesel 4x4 Yeti suited the edgy feel of the Pirellis. So far I feel comfortable and the car is less loud. It grips as well in the wet and dry. I haven't taken them to the edge yet but generally they do feel a bit more 'ordinary'. What I have noticed is a definite increase in fuel consumption. I am a habitual driver of a 125 mile (Motorway A&B road) journey twice weekly and it has definitely fallen by about 5-6%. If I am able I will update this review after say 5000miles
0 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2017
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Meriva (240/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Just had these fitted and driven on snow and ice over the last couple of weeks. I have a very steep drive that normally causes loss of traction at the slightest sign of snow or ice. The CrossClimate plus felt like driving on a dry road and showed no sign of traction loss either up or down. So confident on them I had to keep reminding myself of the road conditions. In a word Fantastic!. Would highly recommend.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 19, 2017