Michelin CrossClimate+

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 154,409 miles driven.

Reports

7 of the best all season tyres for 2018 - 1st of 10 tyres

2018 AZ Summer AND All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Overall - As the most "summer tyre like" of the all season tyres, the CrossClimate+ wins its category. It is however the most expensive tyre on test.

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 4th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Safe handling in the wet and dry, best wear on test, very good price to performance ratio.
  • Negative - Average curved aquaplaning, average snow cornering.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

2018-09-14 - Can someone please help me to decide between 91H and 94V XL. I am going to get 4 of Michelin cross climate plus tyres in 205/55 R16 tyres for Mercedes B160 Sport. The current factory fitted tyres are 215/40 R18 89W XL contis.As I already had 16" wheels with winter tyres so I decided to go with cross climates instead of changing wheels and tyres twice a year. Now I am struggling to decide that should I get the specified speed and load rating of 91H with softer sidewalls or should I go with 94V XL with stronger sidewall. I don't mind paying little bit extra if there is any benefit. So can someone please help.

Personally I would run the stiffer sidewall option where available as I prefer a sharper steering response over comfort.

2018-11-26 - are these run flat tyres

I don't believe there are any runflat sizes of the CrossClimate yet.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
287 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 86% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225/40 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 14,000 average miles
I bought these tyres almost 2 years ago for our Audi A3 8V 2.0 TDI Quattro

As we are living in Switzerland and having 3 cars you can imagine i was not happy to store 12 tyres every season.

In 2016 when they came out and when i saw the reviewvideo with the red A3 on this website i was very excited to buy these for our A3. As i loved the rims i bought these tyres for the size 225/40/18

What can i say i am in general extremely happy with the tyres, but living in Switzerland between the mountains it came a bit, cheecky but that’s actually not the problem of the tyre but my problem, i mean these tyres are made for “mild” climate areas and it is actually a summer tyre with “safe winter reserve” these tyres are brilliant as lomg as you not oft in snowy areas.

In the snow they are safe as long as you watch your speed.

In the dry they are really really good

In the wet they are “average”

But these tyres are actually perfect for people who are not like to change tyres or to safe some space in the garage ;)

The wear is brilliant too, but to be honest I just orderd a pair of Continental TS860 on 16 inch steel for the winter, cause 225 wide Crossclimates are not great for Switzerland but thats my problem not these tyres.

Conclusion: great tyres with very good wear and winter safety in “flat countries”

1 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2018
Given 94% while driving a MINI Cooper (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Amazing all round tyre for the uk! Wearing really well
3 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Audi a3 s line (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Feels like a summer tyre but is still amazing on snow.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Citron C4 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 200 easy going miles
Now i had chance to try them on snowy conditions, did not have any trouble at all. Just like every other winter tyre. I did not expect that. Very good Michelin.
6 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2018
Given 90% while driving a BMW M240i (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
I bought the CrossClimate Plus as a winter only tyre having spent last winter scrabbling around on the standard fitment Michelin Pilot Supersport summer tyres. I'll obviously be switching back to the Supersports for the summer so don't take this as a true "All Season" review but my reasons for going Crossclimates for winter over a full winter tyre is a) living down south so we don't see a lot of snow, and b) having had them previously Ive got a real aversion to the way winter tyres have a soft vague feeling in all conditions due to the flexibility of the blocks. Weather down here in Southern England over the past month has ranged from mild days in the low teens centigrade both wet and dry right down to -3c on a couple of mornings plus one particular night when it rained then cleared leaving greasy damp roads barely above freezing. No snow to test them in yet but I think I've now driven in the majority of normal southern winter weather and in all conditions they've been excellent so far.

They obviously don't have the carcass or block stiffness of the Supersport so the tyre does feel a little softer generally, but a bit of additional comfort (plus less road noise) isnt a bad thing in winter and thankfully there's certainly none of the vagueness or floaty block feeling I was desperate to avoid from previous expreriences on full winter tyres. They grip well when cornering and traction is excellent despite chosing a square setup with the same size tyres both ends so a narrower 225/40-18 on the rear of a 340bhp car. Things like pulling sharply out of damp or wet junctions is no longer the nervous will it grip or will it spin up event that it used to be on the Supersports, plus the annoying suspension knock/thump from cold rubber tyre blocks skipping over tarmac when reversing with some steering lock on has gone completely which is a bonus. I actually think when compared against the Supersport the usual 7c crossover rule of thumb does a slight disservice to the CrossClimate as they seem to grip better in every condition below about 10c and by the time it gets towards zero they're in another league. Standing water performance also seems fine despite what some of the reviews suggest, they might not be as good as some but I've driven some very wet roads recently through standing water at reasonable speeds and they've always felt secure (better than the Supersport anyway!). To sum up, obviously we need some snow before I'll be 100% certain I made the right winter tyre choice but so far I'm very impressed.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2018