Michelin CrossClimate+

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 51 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 359,525 miles driven.

Reports

2019 ACE GTU All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

2019 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 11 tyres

• Positive - Best in the dry with the most sporty handling, very good in the wet, good snow traction.
  • Negative - Weak in snow braking and snow handling, but still much much better than the summer tyre.

2019 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 12 tyres

• Positive - Convincing all round performance with sporty driving characteristics in all conditions. Precise steering, short wet and dry braking, lowest wear and good comfort.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Test winner.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

2018-09-14 - Can someone please help me to decide between 91H and 94V XL. I am going to get 4 of Michelin cross climate plus tyres in 205/55 R16 tyres for Mercedes B160 Sport. The current factory fitted tyres are 215/40 R18 89W XL contis.As I already had 16" wheels with winter tyres so I decided to go with cross climates instead of changing wheels and tyres twice a year. Now I am struggling to decide that should I get the specified speed and load rating of 91H with softer sidewalls or should I go with 94V XL with stronger sidewall. I don't mind paying little bit extra if there is any benefit. So can someone please help.

Personally I would run the stiffer sidewall option where available as I prefer a sharper steering response over comfort.

2018-11-26 - are these run flat tyres

I don't believe there are any runflat sizes of the CrossClimate yet.

2019-03-19 - I would love a set of CrossClimate+ on my car for a hustle free UK driving but iv got an 19" alloy with 225/40. They seem to produce at least one tyre in 19" but its a 255 and surely if they produce one they will produce others... My question is do they have other 19" sizes? Are they just unavailable atm?

19" all season tyres are currently low demand, so there's a chance it's not produced. Email Michelin to see if it's on their roadmap.

2019-09-25 - I live in Yorkshire and drive an M140i. I am considering the CrossClimate+ as my only tyre but not sure if this is too much of a compromise in the summer? The car currently has Pilot Super Sports. Price is not important but driving enjoyment and safety all year round is.

If driving enjoyment is key to you, your best option is to use the CrossClimate+ as a winter tyre, and switch back to your summer tyres in the summer.

2019-11-05 - Can you tell me what the thread depth is on the New Michelin CROSSCLIMATE SUV car tires?

The tread depth for the CrossClimate+ can vary by size, so it's best to ask michelin directly. The CrossClimate+ usually starts between 6mm and 7.5mm.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
394 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 60% while driving a Mazda 6 (215/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
This tyre is interesting, performed very well the first year, even on snow.
Then the second year it transformed completely, it is practically useless.
Also dissapointed at he uneven wear, which results in droning and discomfort. Will not buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2019
Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 45,000 miles
I have 195/65/15 XL Michelin crossclimate + tyres on my VW caddy work van for the last 14 months ( August 2018) almost 47000 miles. Also had the first crossclimate tyres on when they came out first. I can't rate these tyres for this size high enough for both wet, dry and snow handling.
Last year in August 2018 I bought a 2012 Audi a6 avant when the tyres needed changing in October 2018 I put on a set of 225/55/17 XL, crossclimate cause of past experience. We had very little snow in that winter but quite dry and often wet at times. A slight bit noisy tyre but could live with that, dry grip was good, damp road grip was ok, but as for very wet roads with puddles Aguaplaining was a nightmare.
The car was not in control very dangerous, the only way you were in control was doing 20 to 30 mph.
Motorway driving in the rain was dangerous if you came across surface water. I am disappointed to say that I will not be putting another set on the audi, shame cause I thought I had a reliable tyre for all year round back to the drawing board for the car for tyres, but the work van will keep on it.
And before anyone asks yes traction tyre pressure, was checked and perfect, just could be a wider tyre on car but 225 tyres are pretty normal size for today.
That's my view on Michelin crossclimate tyres from a high mileage ireland driver. 16/10/2019.
13 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Very good in the snow. Believe it or not, it made my Golf MK6 feel like a 4x4 at times - I could literally drive over snow when we had the Beast from the East a year or so ago.

No major complaints. Handles great all around. Last for a long while, too. Only thing I will say that’s a negative is that they tend to take a while to slow down on dry roads which means you need to hit the anchors sooner or harder. Not such a bad thing, though, very responsive.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 34,000 average miles
I drive a Subaru XV. Two years and 34,000 miles later, the tyres still have several months of life in them. My vehicle is used both for both commuting and for work and driven on motorway, urban and rural roads on a daily basis. In comparison with the Subaru specified Yokohama Geolanders, the cross climate has superior ride comfort, reduced tyre noise inside the car, much better grip in the snow and ice. The only negative being that handling is slightly inferior.

I rotate the tyres every four or five months and have an annual four wheel alignment check carried out so to conclude, the Subaru symmetrical all wheel drive system paired with the Michelin Cross Climate tyres make a formidable combination.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2019