Michelin CrossClimate+

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 92,070 miles driven.

Reports

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 4th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Safe handling in the wet and dry, best wear on test, very good price to performance ratio.
  • Negative - Average curved aquaplaning, average snow cornering.

2018 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Better than all the winter tyres in the dry, strong in the wet and best snow braking result on test.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

2018 ACE All Season and Winter Tyre Test - 10th of 12 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

2018-09-14 - Can someone please help me to decide between 91H and 94V XL. I am going to get 4 of Michelin cross climate plus tyres in 205/55 R16 tyres for Mercedes B160 Sport. The current factory fitted tyres are 215/40 R18 89W XL contis.As I already had 16" wheels with winter tyres so I decided to go with cross climates instead of changing wheels and tyres twice a year. Now I am struggling to decide that should I get the specified speed and load rating of 91H with softer sidewalls or should I go with 94V XL with stronger sidewall. I don't mind paying little bit extra if there is any benefit. So can someone please help.

Personally I would run the stiffer sidewall option where available as I prefer a sharper steering response over comfort.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
246 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 93% while driving a Ford Focus (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 easy going miles
Certainly more quiet than original Bridgestone and more confident with breaking and road holding. I have yet to confirm that they are as good in winter conditions.Prices do vary from different suppliers/fitters so check this out- I obtained a good deal from Kwik-fit plus a free Dash Cam ( waiting for that to arrive) Overall though I am impressed aon my top of the range car now have what I consider to be a top class tyre
1 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (225/60 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I replaced the stock Hankook Optimo with Crossclimate Plus. The difference in the cold and wet is like day and night. With a bit of snow they are perfectly fine. I have autosock on board in the winter in case of very extreme conditions. The crossclimate are supposed to be worse in dry braking but to be fair, they don't feel that way. I am very happy with them and I will continue to use them.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 3, 2018
Looking for the best all season tyre? Watch this video!
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225/40 R18) on for 6,000 miles
Very quiet at low speed but rougher riding at high 65+ speeds that feels like mild vibration
Bought them because of cold weather/ snow uses but overall would not buy again

My Goodyear Efficient Grip much smoother at all speeds
5 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (145/50 R17) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
Purchased tyre after all the good reviews but felt disappointed when driving car in winter. I previously had goodyear vector 4seasons tyres and they were the true all season tyre. Yes the mitchelin are good in dry and wet conditions but not good for winter as I found out. (Nearly wrecked my car as my car slid) I feel I've just waisted 600 pounds. Definitely will go back to goodyear vector tyres without a shadow of doubt.
31 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
Ive done 5000 miles on them so far and I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to have driven in snow and dry roads back to back with a week. I personally believe there is no such thing as a all season tyre and I would’ve never even thought of buying one if I was to live in my home country, however in the UK where I live now they do the job well. Had no no problem with the snow this year at all, motorway driving is a lot quieter now too. The main reason to fit them was the extra expense of having to swap summer and winter tyres twice a year. I was running Pirelli sottozerro 3 , but I hit a crater on the road the size of wales and destroyed two of them. So I thought I’d give michelin a go. In a real winter they cannot hold a candle next to the Pirelli if I have to be completely honest, but again, do we have a real winter in the uk? I don’t think so, therefore I went done this route . I’ve been to Switzerland with them and there was snow, compact snow, this is also one major factor you have to consider when you decide on a tyre , are the roads ploughed , is the snow compact or none of the above. Anyway that is a choice you have to make if the winters are severe and as I said in my opinion in the uk they are not that bad. The 3” of snow in Switzerland was dealt with sufficiently and I have no complaints. The biggest drawback in my opinion is that people may start trusting the tyres too muck and forget that they are not actually real winter tyres and probably push them too hard and end up in trouble . We often spend hours researching and comparing different parameters of cars and equipment but the truth is that it mostly depends on the driver. A good driver will never get stuck in winter on a summer tyre even if it is up on a hill with 10” inch snow, because a good driver wouldn’t go and drive in such conditions if the car has not been properly prepared for it. I think a lot of people think driving in the snow is accomplished as long as you are going forward, but in reality it is as much going forward as it is to able to stop. Back to the tyres, if you live south of Nottingham go ahead and get them, they truly are a great tyre and you can drive all year round no worries. Be real with yourself, if you think where you live there is too much snow , don’t risk it , get a good winter tyre, it is after all your life you are risking.
13 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2018