Michelin Pilot Power

The Michelin Pilot Power is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 85,323 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Power
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Power
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Power. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Power Review

Given 76% while driving a Honda CBR929RR (180/55 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Average tyres. Good on dry, very good on wet. For average riders excelent.
71 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2015

Latest Michelin Pilot Power Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Power tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Power.

Given 91% while driving a Honda CBR 600F4i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,320 average miles
I had the Michelin Pilot Power for the last 4 and a half years approximately. I found them very good and just bought a new set. At the end of their life the front tyre lost its roundness and became quite high at the centre and flat on the sides I believe due to having a softer compound on the sides. The rear tyre still has some more to go. It is a good all year round tyre dry and wet although I mainly used them on dry surface and I am an average rider. I had other brands before but this is one of my favourite.
11 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2018
(190/50 R17 W) on for 0 miles
Had these on my street triple and rated them good feedback ok in wet but I do ride with caution in rain . Due to positive results on the 675 and a bargain deal £118 delivered at demon tweets I bought some for my zx10 r done 800 miles so far warm up quick and essential for road use retain heat good feedback and aided stability complimenting the bike track day fast group may require something softer but for mortals they fit the bill
8 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Honda CBR929RR (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I've never had any of these new although I have used them on a variety of bikes and will be purchasing a new front for my Fireblade soon.
The front tires are excellent all rounders both on the road and track replacing my previous favourite front tire the Dunlop D207RR.
My bike currently has the 2CT version which it came with but due to the dual compound it has worn the shoulders and deformed the tire so I will be replacing with the original Pilot Power.
These tires are good in the dry although the do feel like they lack outright grip at times, I nearly highsided my 600 on the track last year when my suspension wasn't dialled in. However in the wet they have so much feel that powersliding out of corners and roundabouts on a big bike at will is a reality if you dare. On a peaky 600 it's a bit too sketchy but I've beaten riders on the track that had full wets on standing water, admittedly I had a wet on the front.
I will be buying a 2CT version for the Blade rear but would go for this original version for the track as edges wear quicker than centres when cranked over all the time so no point in softer edges.
These tires were good on a KTM supermoto, a Kawasaki Versys I used for touring as well as track days and sport road riding. The tire I choose if I can't be bothered to gamble on unknown rubber and don't have spare wheels.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016
Given 92% while driving a Yamaha FZ6 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 3 spirited miles
I am very pleased with Michelin Pilot Power tyres. I have tried few, but this-ones suit me best. Getting great feedback of whether they start to slip or grip again. Are super sticky in the bends and when hit hard in the bend, their progressiveness lets me control the little slips and grips perfectly. Tried as well 2CT before, but the progressiveness was missing there. The tyre slipped aside too much and didn't have that much control over the bike. Pilot Power rocks! When there is a bit slippery road surface I hit it hard and get a tiny drift, keep rolling the spin to straight and ending up to a wheelie after the tyre grips. Great fun! I personally wouldn't go for any others. I am not driving on wet as I live in a place where don't rain much. Only in winter a bit and in that case taking my car.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2015