Michelin Pilot Road 3

The Michelin Pilot Road 3 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road 2

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Pilot Road 4

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 114,499 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Road 3
190/50 R17 73W
160/60 R18 70W
120/70 R18 59W
110/80 R18 58W
110/80 R19 59V
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Road 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Road 3 Review

Given 70% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
I found these tyres to be exactly what they are advertised, Sporty.

I think they are some of the best gripping tyres out there, However they have a major disadvantage, Tyre wear

I have only managed to get 14,000 miles out of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3s and due to this I have decided to go for a different brand to replace them.

Excellent tyre for grip but only if you can afford to keep replacing them
41 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2014

Latest Michelin Pilot Road 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Road 3.

Given 100% while driving a (190/70 R17) on for 0 miles
These to me are the best tyres on the market was a avon fan put these on my Kawasaki sx 1000 what a big difference had them 4000 miles rear tyre is half worn so should get at least 7000 miles from them they are that good have bought another pair already as they were at the wright price in the wet have no problem feel safe and in the dry the bike is like glue to the road. Also have a vfr 750 and fitted a set to that as well so to have 2 bikes with the same tyres fitted says it all will try the 4 next time .
0 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
Just finished my 3rd set of PR3, and wondering if I should try the PR4 or stick with the PR3. I always manage over 15k miles on my VFR750. great confidence in the wet, the dry is always a given these days. I love them
9 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2017
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 78% while driving a Yamaha FZS 600 (160/60 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Kind of wishing I'd weighed these before fitting to compare with my usual Bridgestones... I have the impression that they are lighter. Good from the point of view of unsprung weight, but it took me a little while to get used to the handling, it felt a little vague as if there wasn't much feedback from the front... reduced gyroscopic effect due to less mass might be the reason.
I also suspect PR3s might be a little more prone to punctures: I picked up a small nail in the rear after only a few hundred miles, again the light construction could be partially to blame, I think the steel cords in the BT023 would have deflected the thing. Yes, I know it's just bad luck and statistically irrelevant, but after 175,000 miles on Bridgestones with zero punctures one after 300 miles on Michelins was a surprise.
Otherwise they're excellent, particularly in the wet and warm up quickly too.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Yamaha MT 07 (180/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
They were on my new Yamaha MT07 from new 3 years ago. I cannot believe the mileage I have managed to date. Over 16,000 miles of predictable and solid performance. I've had 2 punctures repaired on the rear and now have decided to replace it as it's just started to square off and has collected another nail. The front looks as good as the day it went on the rim. I cannot rate these tyres highly enough.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2017
Given 91% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Pilot Road 2's were brilliant but these are awesome tyres on my Gen Hayabusa. 2000 miles in a very wet week thru' the South of France. Torrential rain with rivers of water running across the road and I had the bike on the edges of the tyres, knee down and at speed. Never twitched once! Excellent wear, managing almost 7000 miles out of the rear. I've managed 800 (eight hundred!) miles out of a BT56 (non R spec).
Pilot Roads always for me.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2016