Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 89% while driving a Opel Astra K 1.6 CDTI (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 2,500 spirited miles
Very good Tire but pretty noisy especially at speeds around 120-150. Noise really makes me think of changing tires.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Peugeot 208 XY 1.6 HDI (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 17,709 average miles
I fit the PS4 in my Peugeot 208 ehdi, and the previous tyre set is PS3. PS4 is actually better than PS3, however about the wear level, the improved strength is not enough. One PS4 set can let me drive at 28500 km. The noisy of PS4 will be louder after half tyre life. Therefore, I don't want to buy this again.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Porsche 986 Boxster S (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Had 225 40 18 and 265 35 18 fitted on my 986 Boxster. It's early days but very impressed with feedback and grip in both wet and dry.
Steering was getting twitchy on the old tyres and new ones were always going to improve things but I can feel whats going on and turn in is precise with great grip. Road noise is acceptable, too early to say about wear but my overall impression is of a great tyre with bags of grip. Drove the car to where I work on an old airfield where the perimeter track serves as a good, safe test of corner grip, threw the Boxster at the down hill bend and it held my chosen line and even when i applied (deliberately !) some ham fisted power it just gripped and accelerated through.
Very happy I chose Michelin PS4
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2019
Given 80% while driving a BMW 330 Msport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
On my second set of Michelin pilot sport 4s. Be careful on the potholes as these tyres are prone to becoming warped over time. This however happened mainly on a very badly maintained motorway between Germany and Poland. Very happy with wear rate vs grip. An overall good compromise between sport and comfort at a reasonable price in my opinion.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Holden HSV VYII Avalanche wagon (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I got a set of these a year ago with about 70% tread, put on my Hsv Avalanche (V8 awd wagon). I do a lot of highway driving at night, often down mountains with half a tonne of stuff in the boot.
I am super impressed. These have never let go, no matter how wet or slick the road has been. I've pushed the car hard around some corners in the wet (unloaded) and never even gave a hint of slipping. I know this has lot to do with the awd and weight as well, but still. Very very satisfied and feel very safe with these on.
One year on, 30,000ks, rears need to be replaced, fronts are around 50%. The extra weight carrying probably adds to the wear, but given they weren't new when I got them, I cant complain with that. Would definitely buy again
1 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2019
Given 64% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10 average miles
Following test reading I put a set of these tyres on my SAAB 9-5 AERO in October 2016 (produced in Spain in June 2016). No complaints about handling, grip or braking - whether in the wet nor in the dry - absolutely gorgeous! HOWEVER: Michelin is boasting that these tyres are to last some 12'000 km more than competitors. If this is the case, competitors may last a mere 3 - 4'000 km, as I had to throw my Pilot Sport 4's away with just 16'000 km. This is simply unacceptable. As a matter of fact, my Michelin winter tyres (Alpin 4) have now run 20'000 km and look still way better than the Pilot Sport 4.
PS: I live in Switzerland, where sporty driving is regarded a capital crime, so my driving style can be considered reasonable rather than spirited..........
8 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2019
Given 70% while driving a BMW 650 i convertible (275/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
These MPS 4 replaced MPSS on my BMW 6 series, to me these are more of grand touring tyres. They are less noisy, steering is not as responsive, handling is similar but not as good even though the PSS were introduced many years ago. I know the MPSS were replaced by the MPS 4s, but still some praised the MPS 4 when compared to MPSS when they were first introduced.
Talking about the sidewall design, it is dead flat with minimum flange rim protection, this combination makes the tyre look funny and ugly especially since they are on 9" OEM wheels (275 wheel range is 9-11"), the tire is wide at tread and caves in to the rim, also less wider than other same size tyres. I measured the section width on my wheels and they were 260 mm ( they should be minimum of 275 on 9.5" wheels), MPSS measured 280 mm. Going to the front set of 245/40ZR19 on 8.5" wheels these look like bicycle wheels.
In short, these don't look and don't drive like sport tires.
Definitely not buying again.
12 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Audi A4 3.0 litre TDI S Line Quattro (245/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Never done a tyre review before, but fitted these Michelin Pilot Sort 4 245/40 ZR18 to my 2012 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 tdi quattro, about 18 months and 10,000miles ago. Still plenty of tread ( 4mm ) but oh dear the noise of them now is terrible.It sounds like a dodgy wheel bearing, but my garage have told me that all tyres have stepped on the inner edge ( rub smooth one way and rough in the opposite direction )
The tyres have performed fine prior to this occurring.
Disappointing and I am now considering to either live with it ,or change to possibly the continental contacts.
I would be interested to know of anyone out there has had a similar issue.
12 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2019
Given 60% while driving a Jaguar xf premium luxury (245/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
They would be an excellent tyre but as they have only lasted 5000 miles a very costly experience.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2019