Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 97% while driving a Nissan Juke (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Replaced Conti Sport Contact 5s on a Juke NISMO RS. The Contis were awful; spinning up the tyres all the time, not to mention an abysmal wear rate.
Got these and they totally transformed the car. Keeps the power down so much better, less torque steer or spin (much less). Also, the brakes themselves instantaneously felt so much better (same tyre pressures too). Can't express in words how much they transformed the car for the positive. 11 out of 10.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2019
Given 86% while driving a BMW 135i (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Great tyre - high speed stability 120mph+ Excellent
Handling on B roads excellent
Braking wet & dry both excellent
Wear very well for being on a 400bhp rear wheel drive car
Previous Tyres continental sport 5. I would say these Michelin’s are 20% better in all conditions & I thought I’d struggle to find a better tyre than the conti sports - great tyre but wear was appalling on those.
Fun in the sun & safe in the wet.

0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto TJet (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Very good tire also super on wet road!
12 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf R estate (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Brilliant all round tyre, used on my 2018 Golf R with over 400bhp. I had R888's before and they beat these outright on dry grip but the noise was ridiculous, was to noisy for daily use. These are comfortable and very high grip in the wet and try. A perfect tyre for a daily driver.
11 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Had two sets of these tyres on my modified Ford focus, excellent tyres to match my blistein suspension with updated bars and link, great handling in all conditions, do start to lose this when under 2.5mm.
13 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLA 180 AMG Line (225/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 25,000 easy going miles
Excellent tyre- perfect grid in wet and dry. A little bit noisy but very good feedback. Tested in my Mercedes CLA. But unfortunately do not last for long miles.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
I've only had the tyres fitted for about 2 months. In terms of grip and handling, I'm quite happy with the tyres. I have been in sufficient bad driver incidents on the road to be more than happy with the grip the tyres afford me. They are also more comfortable(softer) than my previous Asym 2 tyres.

That being said, my tyres have developed a noise. I've had my car serviced, they initially thought it might be a bearing problem, but they weren't able to find anything wrong with with the joints. After a test drive, my mechenic was sure it was caused by uneven wear on the tyres. I've checked my tyre pressure 2 -3 times during the past 2 months, so I'm sure this isn't being caused by a pressure issue. I took it back to the tyre shop and they did a cross rotation, first on the front right/left rear, and then when there was still noise in the front, the left front/right rear. The noise is still present now, but quieter since it is coming from the back.

I can put 1 tyre causing a problem down to a defect. 2 tyres, it's a bigger issue. This is the first time I've used Michelin tyres and it has been disappointing. If the current front 2 tyres also develop noise over the next couple of months, I'm just switching to another brand. Can't say I'm too excited to try Michelin's again at this point.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2018