Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Audi 2.0tdi 140 sline sportback (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
Fitted to Audi A3 Sportback. 225/40/18. Cost £104 per tyre. Previous tyres were Continental .... I forget the specifics. Which were good tyres but not this good.
I researched a lot prior to buying these tyres but I am very happy with them.
A major competitor in my thoughts was the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 (not the inferior Assymetric 3). Which is a much older design but apparently suits the A3 very well. However, I gave up on them since they cost around 30% more.
Good points. HANDLING. Superb turn in, really inspiring, the cars feels more alive and I feel a better driver with these on. Excellent in dry or wet. I usually drive fairly gently (occasionally with a lot of exuberance) and though it's difficult to judge tyre effect on MPG I'd say the economy is good. Wearing well too around 15k so far.
Bad points. On rubbish pot hole roads they can feel a bit 'crashy'. Noise - Not bad but reading the quoted figures I'd hoped they would be quieter.
Best description I can give is they feel silky. I am really impressed.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2018
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Straight out the box I found the Michelin pilot sport 4 tires are superb. I have them Fitted to my front wheel drive A6 2.0tdi with 180bhp and 400nm
For a summer tyre (not being a track based tyre) it has Masses of dry grip, compared to my last set, Michelin pilot sport 3 they are everything I expected and more.
Then we get on to the important bit. Now I've watched hundreds of YouTube videos, read dozens of reviews trying to find out which is the best tyre for wet weather and how budgets compare to the premiums brands and so on, and I was a little sceptical on how good the pilot sport 4 really are, and from past experiences of driving many cars with various tyres choices, to compare to pilot sport 4's, When the rain starts to fall, The WET GRIP!! Absolutely astonishing. Apart from the road visually looking wet you wouldn't know you was driving on a wet Road. Even under hard braking and abit of second gear, foot down on a roundabout, and I plant all 400nm, It just bites the tarmac and goes. Turn in from the front tyres in the wet is excellent.
Wear rate still to early to say, but I would expect like all Michelins they will last a long time.
Road noise isn't noticeable for everyday driving. Though Audi cabins are particularly well insulated.

I can recommend these tyres enough.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Switched to the PS4 from the Bridgestone RE003, immediately inspired confidence. Grips so much better in the wet, the set of RE003 tyres slid around quite a bit when I drove through puddles, but the new PS4 tyres sliced right through them. The PS4 is much quieter than the RE003. Dry braking and wet braking are significantly better. Cornering is also a joy with the PS4. I would consider the PS4S but unfortunately it doesn't have a size for my rims.
9 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6R 1.6 (205/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 19,000 spirited miles
I've been using my PS4 since 2017 April. Up till now (30k km), it still work quite impressive. Dry condition, superb... wet condition, excellent until you reach 50% of usage...then it start to skid a little bit when its raining and when you hit puddle ( note that this happen when i drove my car above 60mph)

Dry condition, yes totally superb. I'm a spirited driver and once have a trackday in Sepang using this tyre. The feedback was superb and I love it. Sharp turn is predictable and easy to handle around Sepang. Sidewall is stiff and makes the tyre last longer.
27 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2018
Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335d (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Only recently fitted these to my F30 335d (running 390bhp) and they have transformed the car. They replaced the standard spec run-flats and the elevation in the levels of grip in the wet and dry mean the car feels as though it has been moved into a higher performance category.

A number of people have mentioned a significant reduction in road noise. For my car, in my size I haven't noticed a significant improvement, however they certainly aren't any worse. In terms of ride quality they are noticeably better than the run-flats but, unlike the improvements in grip, this is not night and day.

Would certainly buy again.
18 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2018
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan GT R (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I am amazed with the grip compared to the original dunlop fitted as standard.. Dunlop dsst gt600 run flats.. the sidewalls were so stiff and the inside wore away.. I do admit that I didn't have to inflate them in 14 months.. Unbelievable.. nitrogen? Who knows? Wet grip is now 100% better and gives confidence to really push in all conditions..
21 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2018
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Altis (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Great both dry and wet grips as well quite clear feedback. Fine performance in comfort and noise. Stable driving in various conditions. Poor fuel efficiency is the only weakness so far.
20 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2017
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (245/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,500 spirited miles
The shop that fitted the tyres suggested 5000 km rotations. I overlooked this and have now rotated at approximately 6000km. Based on what I see, keeping in mind that I did not measure the tread, I may be able to squeeze 13-15000km. I have to say, somewhat disappointing. Tyres are manufactured in Thailand, so maybe an issue with compounds. I paid $250 AUD, but have noticed these tyres are now being discounted. I drive the car in rural NSW Australia and have driven on some horrendous gravel/dirt roads, so to the tyres credit no issues regarding punctures. The Merc can get along, but it is no M3. I imagine these tyres, on something with real horsepower, could become an expensive hobby. Not again.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017