Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3

The Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 is a Ultra High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Plus

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 84,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3

Questions and Answers for the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3

2017-04-25 - Are Pilot Sport AS 3 legal as wintertyres in countries that req wintertyres as law in certain months? Thanks

The Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 is an American market all season tyre, and as such we do not believe it is marked with the "three peak mountain and snowflake" symbol used to mark European tyres as legal during winter months.

Top Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Review

Given 89% while driving a Lexus GS (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 22,000 easy going miles
I put over 20k miles on these tyres and this is what I experience.
Pros:
1. These tyres grip very well with wet or dry weather.
2. They handle very well in the corners and these tyres are very responsive.
3. These tyres wear very slow. I put over 20k miles on these bad boys and they look almost new!
Cons:
1. These tyres make a lot of noise. I just don't understand it because these tyres wear evenly. I cannot stand the noise.
2. The tyre is heavy. You can tell when driving that these tyres are more heavy than the average tyre.
3. Don't hit a pot hole!
45 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2015

Latest Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Sport AS 3.

I put over 20k miles on these tyres and this is what I experience.
Pros:
1. These tyres grip very well with wet or dry weather.
2. They handle very well in the corners and these tyres are very responsive.
Cons:
3. Don't hit a pot hole!
45 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2015
Given 100% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Replaced a set of Continental DWS that I had previously reviewed here. I live in Seattle USA which tends to have wet winters and only a few weeks of sub freezing weather. These tires feel great on the road. The rubber compound reminds me of one of those super bouncy balls. Sticky yet very solid. Compared to the DSW, these tires are superior in all conditions. The only issue I had with the DSW were the soft sidewalls. The Michelin are world's stiffer and require less steering wheel input while cornering. I tend to post regular updates on this forum so will post again in the spring or summer of 2014.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2013