Michelin Primacy HP

Show all: Michelin tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Michelin Primacy HP is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 137 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 2,951,951 miles driven.

Michelin Primacy HP

76%

66%

Tyre Test Results:

Michelin Primacy HP Reviews

Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,500 average miles
I have to say these tyres are the best I've ever encountered. Despite being an F-rated tyre for fuel economy / rolling resistance (suggesting excellent grip), I am getting around 48mpg for a mixture f country and minor A/B roads rising to around 56mpg for motorway and major A roads, which is comparable to Ford's quoted 55-56mpg - impressive.

Tread wear is excellent, after 12500 miles, they have around 2.5mm (I think they started at 8mm) or to put it another way after 12500 miles they now stand at 5.5mm - I should add that these were factory fitted having taken the car from the showroom.

Grip is excellent, I am running the 1.ol 125bhp engine, they are responsive maintaing grip from start, right through the driving range with no judder or wheelspin experienced from either lower quality or poorly maintained tyres.
The tyres also handle well in very wet / torrential rain, frost and ice having driven comfortably whilst maintaining composure at speed on the Herefordshire, Somerset and North & Mid Wales country roads during the winter storms of 2013-14.

The car corners well though it maintains too much grip for quick movements on sharper corners requiring dropping into the low driving range 1st/2nd gears which is a shame as momentum is lost, this is particularly an annoyance for me as the entrance to my street as almost a u-turn from a roundabout, the huge amounts of grip here or very unhelpful - it is these manoeuvres that really let the tyre down as this is where you shall burn through the most amount of fuel.

From inside, the road feedback is good though on newly surfaced roads (not many of these in the UK), it can feel a little dull and almost too protected as though they want to maintain control rather than passing it to the driver (think nannying), though for me, this is a niggle rather than a huge set-back.

Comfort-wise, these tyres really do deaden the noise and associated judder/bounce usually experienced when driving on Britain's roads.

All in all, a good all-rounder with excellent wear and grip on a mixture of roads through different driving styles (both myself and my wife drive differently - she goes mad in my car compared to he relaxed style in her Fiesta), that offers extremely good grip in both wet and dry without compromising too much on fuel economy - think the sole of a Dr Martens boot for wear and grip coupled with the flexibility, weight and performance of a good pair of running shoes: great for most roads and seasons.
tyre reviewed on April 5, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (215-55-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2014
Looking to buy the Michelin Primacy HP? Click here to search for the best price for the Michelin Primacy HP or any other tyre.

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 SALOON (215-55-17-W)
Very poor grip in anything other than bone dry summer weather. With these tyres I'd slide on cornering and wheel spin in 3rd gear. Fitted some Falken ze914 and the car is instantly transformed. No sliding on cornering, in dry or wet. No wheel spin / traction issues and much quieter.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (205-60-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18 easy going miles
They came with my new Peugeot 407.
After about 4 years and no more that 35,000 kms, nobody (including me) didn't understand how come that a pair of Michelin tyres can became so noisy. To be mentioned here that the wear was more than OK (about 8 mm). I went with the vehicle in the specialised workshop (Peugeot) and the mechanics finally accepted that the bad-bad noise came from the tyres. I replaced them and now I can listen to the music on the road, again. After this experience I'll never buy Michelin.
tyre reviewed on February 6, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A1 (215-45-17-)
I am a driving instructor and had bridgestones on before these, looked into a diferent tyre for a better price and found these, I did 28,000 miles on the last set so can't get any better than that just get your tracking sorted before fitting a new tyre!
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly town for 25,000 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota GT86 (215-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 3,200 average miles
Good OEM tires for the car but when they wear out I will uppgrade to better and cheaper tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2)
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (215-50-17-W)
These tyres came with the car I purchased and have been OK. I have managed to get 13000 miles out of them and they seemed alright but at £170 a corner, very steep! I've just fitted some budget tyres at the front (Wanli S1063's) and they feel exactly the same, if not a little more grippy. I've no doubt the Michelins may well stop sooner in extreme wet braking, but the price is a bit much to swallow. I'm certain you could get the same performance for alot cheaper.
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2013
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus C Max (215-50-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 25,000 easy going miles
Poor handling after 40000 km. Too expensive.
tyre reviewed on October 31, 2013
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi (215-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
These came as OEM fit on my new 2012 Mondeo Diesel Hatchback 1.6 TDi , and i think therein lies the problem. (my frame of reference is an older Skoda Octavia wearing Conti Premium contact 2's)
the Mondeo range when specced with this tiny diesel engine, comes with sports suspension as standard. the thinking is eco eco eco , so the suspension lowers the ride height to make it more aerodynamic on the motorway - all fine, but then they fitted it with Primacy HP's.
Gahhhhh...
Dry Grip - The suspension set up helps the tyre feel the full brunt of any weight transfer, and they squeal like crazy on any corner taken above 30mph. they wash out in a VERY predictable nice way so it's enjoyable, but they do feel like you're driving on mud, triggering the electronic assists somewhat too often for my liking. Also, even for the low capacity engine, it always managed to wheelspin when trying to move off quickly, i suspect all down to the low rolling resistance compound.
Wet Grip - We had the storms over the past two weeks and the tyre has poor resistance to aquaplaning, and cornering is severely compromised.
I cant remember thinking anything either way in the snow, so i guess thery're ok on the white stuff.
MPG's - were ok i suppose, hard to compare to anything when the engine is barely run in.
Comfort - again nothing to compare against but not overly intrusive.
Buy again?
no - just swapped the fronts for Dunlop Sport Blu Response and I was impressed there was stacks of grip I'd not known before, and zero squeal when i threw the car into my favourite sweeping bend.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: