Mohawk M716

The Mohawk M716 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 141,050 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Mohawk M716
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Mohawk M716
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Mohawk M716. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Mohawk M716 Review

Given 80% while driving a Toyota Corolla (175/70 R14) on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
Got these for my corolla diesel as they were the only ones available prior to car test. Very impressive. No traction code on the wall but the compound is very soft. I dont care if they ware fast , I drive hard and these tyres are 70% as good as my proxies I use in my integra.
22 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2011

Latest Mohawk M716 Reviews

Have you driven on the Mohawk M716 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the M716.

Given 89% while driving a Citron (195/70 R14) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I have driven this model on various tyres, some of them very expensive. I am utterly amazed by the Mohawks.
Compared to Michelin MXV they grip and steer just as well in the dry, are definitely quieter and less harsh on
bumps and provide quite remarkably tenacious grip on a wet road. They are stable and vibration free in high
speed cruising right up to the cars 120mph maximum. The CX carries 70% of its weight on the front wheels
so they tend to wear the front outer shoulder when driven hard. The Mohawks seem to resist this quite well so
I am expecting a life at least as long as the Michelins. If they were the same price I would still pick the Mohawks
based on performance. The fact that they are a budget tyre makes them incredible value for money. I would
buy them again in a heartbeat!
1 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 36,000 average miles
These were on the front when I bought my Golf TDI and I as I had not heard of them I didn't have high expectations. Now over 2 years and 36000 miles later they still have 4mm of tread and have performed really well in the dry, wet and snow. The rear Bridge stones are now in need of replacing and I am getting Mohawks to match the front. A match underrated tyre.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2013
Given 66% while driving a Vauxhall cavalier td (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 50,000 spirited miles
For a budget tyre these are brilliant especially in the wet and cheap enough. Think my last pair cost £70 fitted. Don't last very well on the front of heavy cars. Mine did about 10k miles. Grip deteriorates as they wear obviously but the compound seems to harden as they age. Played hell with my ABS when worn down to 4mm. I wouldn't buy any other budget tyre other than these now though as I've grown to trust them.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2012
Given 78% while driving a Fiat (175/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
Got an advisory warning at the M.O.T station 15 days ago so purchased 4 M716’s after reading all the bad reviews! They suited my budget and am glad I got them, these tyres should be praised for there dry and especially there wet handling abilities. I just replaced all 4 Michelin Energy Saver that came with the car but at £89 each just can’t afford them. I don’t value safety over money just need to keep my car on the road. These really should have a “very good in the wet” branded on the sidewall.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2012